NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I really wouldn't put it past him to try a best interest takeover


    Which, hey, lawsuits.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 748
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Son they shook! Cuz there ain't no such things as half way crooks!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm
  • Nope, they have to approve that too.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:42 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=2374935577001

    Sacramento local news...


    That news station really needs to work on their building acoustics.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm
  • As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

    It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

    Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18608
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Thanks for your take J, it's good to hear from someone who isn't plugged into this situation 24-7 like we are. I tend to agree. I think today's events put a choice in front of the NBA, go with Stern's push and get a Maloof owned Sac Kings next year, or go with a wealthy group in Seattle that will make you a ton of money. Stern only has so much pull, and today it's been made clear that the group Stern put together won't ever get a hold of that team.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


    I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 748
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.


    I know I would!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm
  • Seattle- increasing their record breaking offer left and right, promising to pay into the league year after year, and having the current ownership committed to them to the point of holding onto the team with this group as a minority owner.

    Sacramento- STILL soliciting new bidders to join their group to maybe match the initial Seattle offer, refusal of owners to deal with them, sacrificing revenue sharing in a market that can't live without it.

    World class city vs. podunk town, back where we started.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

    It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

    Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.


    Thanks for sharing your opinion, JSeahawks. It's nice to have one from someone who is not as wrapped up in it as most of us. I've also been thinking that all of what Stern has been doing for Sacramento's offer and arena plan may just be a front to diminish their anger towards the NBA. Since the NBA really didn't try to help Seattle at all to keep the Sonics, we are much more mad at the NBA for the loss of our team than I think the Kings fans would be at this point. All the 'blame' for the Kings moving seems to be shifting further and further to the Maloofs and HBNW. I imagine this leaves Sacramento more accepting of an NBA return later down the road.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


    Love it
    :th2thumbs:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


    It was a while ago but if I recall the NBA preapproved the 7% to be sold to our group. They were the only ones that went thru the waiting period to get approved.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm
  • The NBA approved them to bid on it.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


    Nope. The Sac group is referred to as: KJANDWHODAFUQKANLENDMEMONEYTOPAYFORMYSHIZNIT?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm
  • The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8797
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.


    That would be an interesting switch from his current position, which is "Hey Seattle, I tried my best but Sac's promise to come up with most of the money someday is simply better than your offer of all the money plus $75M on the table right now."
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 11:41 pm
  • Point taken Sailor! If I'm a betting man, and I am, this is still in the "game of chicken" mode and I think the NBA BOG will reject HBN yet again and this ends with a lawsuit filed and eventually a settlement in which Seattle gets a team!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 2:12 am
  • Practical sense has been thrown out the window weeks ago, Stern is a stubborn person, having these upstart owners dictating his leagues policy and making him look bad may just set the anchor deeper. He will go to court and lose but he will stubbornly not back off what he's doing unless his bosses show a no confidence vote of sorts and fire or um earlier then expected retirement and Silver picks up the controls, settles things and starts out of the gate a winner.

    I wonder if the Hansen group offered KJ season tickets if he would back off, it's a commute up here but hey he doesn't seem to have any city business to worry about anyway. :)
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11224
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 5:42 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 7:01 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:Not sure how legit this is, But it looks like sac just matched Hansens offer... from january?

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/sacramento-re ... um=twitter



    This is the offer that they are still asking for investors for so they match the rest.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.

    Yes. I am not happy so much. I am too seriously! .. Kap is not a great leader period!! Hurt my heart and s**t my painfully. ..
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 am
  • With this latest "backup offer", clearly Hansen has SacTown on the ropes and all he needs is a final knockout punch! Like, say, a real, credible, serious lawsuit launched on Monday against the Sacramento Arena plan!

    Hey, I've said it all along, the Maloofs don't have to sell to Sacramento, and they've told the NBA that three times. And if the relocation is still denied, regardless of whether the Maloofs own the Kings or the Hansen group, neither one has to participate in the arena deal.
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    User avatar
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1104
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:... the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right?

    This is a really good point. What can Stern or the BoG do about this?
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    User avatar
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1104
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am
  • He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 am
  • Throwdown wrote:He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


    Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

    He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 am
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


    Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

    He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!


    He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


    Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

    He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!


    He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.


    The NBA can buy it under the best interest clause. Because they can literally make up the rules as they go along.
    Last edited by TheRealDTM on Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 am
  • True lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:League sources maintain after today's media attack by the SEA/Maloof camp that the decision to relocate is about SAC's bid and not SEA’s.
    https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/ ... 4648740864

    Now this is some B.S. if true. So if it's about Sac all along then everything Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are doing means nothing..

    Doesn't matter what they say. Money talks. A lawsuit yells.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7205
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:League sources maintain after today's media attack by the SEA/Maloof camp that the decision to relocate is about SAC's bid and not SEA’s.
    https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/ ... 4648740864

    Now this is some B.S. if true. So if it's about Sac all along then everything Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are doing means nothing..

    So theyre going to vote to make the Maloofs sell to the sac group even though the Maloofs have clearly said they will sell to the Hansen group no matter the outcome of the vote?

    I aint even worried
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:League sources maintain after today's media attack by the SEA/Maloof camp that the decision to relocate is about SAC's bid and not SEA’s.
    https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/ ... 4648740864

    Now this is some B.S. if true. So if it's about Sac all along then everything Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are doing means nothing..


    Oh come on..........Stern clearly is never gonna allow Seattle to get the Kings.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11190
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Keep in mind that Aaron Bruski is one of the most Sac-biased media heads.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:34 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Keep in mind that Aaron Bruski is one of the most Sac-biased media heads.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4255
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:36 pm
  • The NBA CANNOT force the Maloofs to sell! All the Maloofs have to say is no, and then tell their anti-trust lawyers what they did and then the NBA's man marbles are in a tight sling! Bruski = KJ, in other words not a reliable source!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:42 pm
  • Yes they can actually. They can invoke the best interest clause, as was done in New Orleans, and then secure a sale of the team to a local owner who has the intent to make a good faith negotiation with the city to build an arena. They will match the original 525 million figure, and then say the first bid was the only one they see as binding and since they are matching that the maloofs have no legal recourse.



    "What David Stern wants..." indeed


    The ball would then be in HBN's court, they would have to sue saying the NBA colluded to disrupt their binding transaction, of course then Stern would threaten no NBA ever if we don't settle out of court. Then....
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:53 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:Yes they can actually. They can invoke the best interest clause, as was done in New Orleans, and then secure a sale of the team to a local owner who has the intent to make a good faith negotiation with the city to build an arena. They will match the original 525 million figure, and then say the first bid was the only one they see as binding and since they are matching that the maloofs have no legal recourse.



    "What David Stern wants..." indeed


    The ball would then be in HBN's court, they would have to sue saying the NBA colluded to disrupt their binding transaction, of course then Stern would threaten no NBA ever if we don't settle out of court. Then....

    If that was the case, I'd be fine with Hansen going nuclear in court. At that point I wouldn't want the nba anywhere near Seattle.
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm
  • From what I've heard is certain conditions need to apply for them to use that clause,
    and they dont here, Besides that, the NBA knows that it wouldn't hold up in court! Like I've said this is going to end up with a court settlement in which Seattle will get a team! Stern is an ignorant and arrogant price of "work" who thinks he is above he law!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:Yes they can actually. They can invoke the best interest clause, as was done in New Orleans, and then secure a sale of the team to a local owner who has the intent to make a good faith negotiation with the city to build an arena. They will match the original 525 million figure, and then say the first bid was the only one they see as binding and since they are matching that the maloofs have no legal recourse.



    "What David Stern wants..." indeed


    The ball would then be in HBN's court, they would have to sue saying the NBA colluded to disrupt their binding transaction, of course then Stern would threaten no NBA ever if we don't settle out of court. Then....

    Also Sterns threats carry no weight anymore, Seattle played nice and still got hosed! Stern has already used the threat card and it carries about much power as a 3 year olds tantrum!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 2:31 pm
  • It was Shinn's idea to have the NBA buy the Hornets, not a hostile takeover by the NBA. That hasn't been done before and it would be an almost guaranteed losing proposition by the NBA. I think it's extremely unlikely they even try that, no matter what Stern wants.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 3:30 pm
  • A takeover would be stupid for reasons i outline earlier.

    But I don't understand why some are still afraid to go to war with the NBA? What's the worse that happens? They tell us we'll never get a team? And we're back to where we have been the past five years but with peace of mind that we will never be used again? I'm down with it. We cannot be used as a threat. It's happened once with the Hornets when the NBA was trying to find a buyer you'd hear things about them possibly coming to Seattle, and now this.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 3:38 pm
  • The NBA doesn't have the resources to fight this battle. Everything you're hearing in the media is good news for Sonics fans.

    Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.

    And I can tell you the Seattle side has zero intention to quit. Been telling y'all for a minute now. Trust me. Seattle is in it to win it and they got the big boys at the table just waiting for Stern to hit the red button first. But that won't happen because the last thing the owners want is a battle that opens their books. Remember, they were just telling the NBAPA how poor they are. You really think the NBA wants a suit in court with buyer, seller and employees as plaintiff? I'll go ahead and answer that one. That's be a big NO.

    Anyway, little bird says things are just getting rolling. You ain't seen nothing yet
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2257
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 3:53 pm
  • I should add that little birdy tells me negotiations look good for Seattle bid. There's a rumor owners intend to vote for Hansen deal and NBA is hustling behind the scenes to make Hansen group happy and go away. No intention to do so.

    This could all be wrong but so far little birdy has been pretty spot on, even when literally everyone else was saying opposite stuff.

    To add, rumor about owner support is strong. Birdy had good reason to believe and strategy is being put together as if it's a pretty sure thing. Again, might mean nothing, is not coming from the NBA so who knows what happens in the end. All I know is that it makes sense and fits in with everything I've heard. If you were an owner and a second rate team sold for that much would you turn it down? What would that do for Miami, LA, etc. Those teams would be worth a cool billion overnight. Who turns down a billion?
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2257
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 3:58 pm
  • Y'all should also remember that stern is an employee who works for the owners. He doesn't get to just make stuff up as he goes along, so relax. All that best interest stuff has no chance if the owners pick the Hansen bid.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2257
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 4:00 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.



    I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.



    I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.


    Suckramento
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 4:11 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.



    I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.

    I think he was talking about Sac making the noise. Hansen has made basically no "noise", unless you count real action noise.
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun May 12, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.



    I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.

    I think he was talking about Sac making the noise. Hansen has made basically no "noise", unless you count real action noise.


    LOUD NOISES!!!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10374
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests