Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
Throwdown wrote:
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2986
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
It would not hold up in court, so if Stern wants to drag the owners through the mud and flat-out embarrass himself, he can sure try.

He should just roll over on this and figure out how to save face.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10487
Location: Pasco, WA
Throwdown wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


My Stern goggles will never come off......... :141847_bnono:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
Throwdown wrote:
Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


CheckMate! :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: WA
Throwdown wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


What is he going to do though, when the BoG meets and a few of them step up and say, "can i sell him my team"?

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
Posts: 3295
Location: Sammamish, WA
That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
hawkfan68 wrote:
That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.


Im going in 3 weeks. I need stop in there and get a few drinks. Make sure to wear some sonics gear.
:thirishdrinkers:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:47 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
Throwdown wrote:
Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


I was wondering about a "Best Interest" takeover by the NBA when the story was reported about the Maloofs "backup" offer. The NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets for awhile until Benson and not sure what happened in Charlotte. I could see Stern and company trying this end run. This has been one long drawn out ugly situation.

The amount of money Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstorm are putting into this transaction to make it happen is mind-blowing. I wonder at what point does it no longer make economical sense to pursue the deal? The relocation payment, the twice updated valuation for the club, the pay into sharing only. I would think there is no way they can do without the NBA TV money, so that has to be a non-negotiable issue. Wonder how much this upfront money and givebacks affects their profit margin?

Would love to see a chart that showed the point of projected losses. These guys are close to $1B being spent or vacated to make this deal. Crazy.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: WA
drdiags wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


I was wondering about a "Best Interest" takeover by the NBA when the story was reported about the Maloofs "backup" offer. The NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets for awhile until Benson and not sure what happened in Charlotte. I could see Stern and company trying this end run. This has been one long drawn out ugly situation.

The amount of money Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstorm are putting into this transaction to make it happen is mind-blowing. I wonder at what point does it no longer make economical sense to pursue the deal? The relocation payment, the twice updated valuation for the club, the pay into sharing only. I would think there is no way they can do without the NBA TV money, so that has to be a non-negotiable issue. Wonder how much this upfront money and givebacks affects their profit margin?

Would love to see a chart that showed the point of projected losses. These guys are close to $1B being spent or vacated to make this deal. Crazy.


Tack on a boat load of cash to land this guy and it gets even more crazy...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/05/p ... to-seattle

They're not taking no for an answer. Seems clear that they've made this decision.

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
I believe what happened with the Hornets is what I assum you're talking about is that the former owner had fallen sick, had sold it to some oil guy but the deal fell through. The Hornets former owner couldn't find another local buyer afterwards and the NBA stepped in and bought the team off him and eventually found a local buyer in Tom Benson who also owns the Saints.

I believe a takeover would be a forced buyout of the Maloofs who would most likely take it to court and it would be a long drawn out process while the team continued to lose money in a far far worse shape arena that's getting worse by the day. Not to mention a small market, is it really worth setting that precedent for THIS team? And it might not even hold up.

We'll see though I'm not the smartest guy around lol

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: WA
Chris to NBA:


_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
jkitsune wrote:
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.



No you're 100% correct. We are not getting this team, we could offer 1 billion dollars and they wouldn't do it. Stern is a smug vindictive pr*** and once he makes up his mind it's over.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 740
Location: Spokane WA
jkitsune wrote:
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.

_________________
----------------------------
"Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10487
Location: Pasco, WA
One way or another I still see Stern doing something to keep the Kings in Sacramento. I hate that man.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
I really wouldn't put it past him to try a best interest takeover

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 740
Location: Spokane WA
Blitzer88 wrote:
One way or another I still see Stern doing something to keep the Kings in Sacramento. I hate that man.


I see it too. But on another hand I also see the BOG growing some stones/a brain and telling Stern that they're not going to turn away 126 mil worth of relocation money AND their own teams net worth growing exponentially, just for sentimentality. Plus, the law and all.

_________________
----------------------------
"Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 740
Location: Spokane WA
Throwdown wrote:
I really wouldn't put it past him to try a best interest takeover


Which, hey, lawsuits.

_________________
----------------------------
"Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: WA
http://www.news10.net/video/default.asp ... 4935577001

Sacramento local news...

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Son they shook! Cuz there ain't no such things as half way crooks!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
JOz56 wrote:
jkitsune wrote:
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
Nope, they have to approve that too.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=2374935577001

Sacramento local news...


That news station really needs to work on their building acoustics.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Thanks for your take J, it's good to hear from someone who isn't plugged into this situation 24-7 like we are. I tend to agree. I think today's events put a choice in front of the NBA, go with Stern's push and get a Maloof owned Sac Kings next year, or go with a wealthy group in Seattle that will make you a ton of money. Stern only has so much pull, and today it's been made clear that the group Stern put together won't ever get a hold of that team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 740
Location: Spokane WA
The Outfield wrote:
JOz56 wrote:
jkitsune wrote:
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.

_________________
----------------------------
"Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
JOz56 wrote:
I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.


I know I would!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Seattle- increasing their record breaking offer left and right, promising to pay into the league year after year, and having the current ownership committed to them to the point of holding onto the team with this group as a minority owner.

Sacramento- STILL soliciting new bidders to join their group to maybe match the initial Seattle offer, refusal of owners to deal with them, sacrificing revenue sharing in a market that can't live without it.

World class city vs. podunk town, back where we started.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
JSeahawks wrote:
As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.


Thanks for sharing your opinion, JSeahawks. It's nice to have one from someone who is not as wrapped up in it as most of us. I've also been thinking that all of what Stern has been doing for Sacramento's offer and arena plan may just be a front to diminish their anger towards the NBA. Since the NBA really didn't try to help Seattle at all to keep the Sonics, we are much more mad at the NBA for the loss of our team than I think the Kings fans would be at this point. All the 'blame' for the Kings moving seems to be shifting further and further to the Maloofs and HBNW. I imagine this leaves Sacramento more accepting of an NBA return later down the road.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
The Outfield wrote:
Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


Love it
:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
The Outfield wrote:
JOz56 wrote:
jkitsune wrote:
I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


It was a while ago but if I recall the NBA preapproved the 7% to be sold to our group. They were the only ones that went thru the waiting period to get approved.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
The NBA approved them to bid on it.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
The Outfield wrote:
Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


Nope. The Sac group is referred to as: KJANDWHODAFUQKANLENDMEMONEYTOPAYFORMYSHIZNIT?

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
AbsolutNET wrote:
The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.


That would be an interesting switch from his current position, which is "Hey Seattle, I tried my best but Sac's promise to come up with most of the money someday is simply better than your offer of all the money plus $75M on the table right now."

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9833
Point taken Sailor! If I'm a betting man, and I am, this is still in the "game of chicken" mode and I think the NBA BOG will reject HBN yet again and this ends with a lawsuit filed and eventually a settlement in which Seattle gets a team!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9177
Location: Renton Wa.
Practical sense has been thrown out the window weeks ago, Stern is a stubborn person, having these upstart owners dictating his leagues policy and making him look bad may just set the anchor deeper. He will go to court and lose but he will stubbornly not back off what he's doing unless his bosses show a no confidence vote of sorts and fire or um earlier then expected retirement and Silver picks up the controls, settles things and starts out of the gate a winner.

I wonder if the Hansen group offered KJ season tickets if he would back off, it's a commute up here but hey he doesn't seem to have any city business to worry about anyway. :)

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Not sure how legit this is, But it looks like sac just matched Hansens offer... from january?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sacramento-re ... um=twitter


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:01 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
Pstark3 wrote:
Not sure how legit this is, But it looks like sac just matched Hansens offer... from january?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sacramento-re ... um=twitter



This is the offer that they are still asking for investors for so they match the rest.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 1094
With this latest "backup offer", clearly Hansen has SacTown on the ropes and all he needs is a final knockout punch! Like, say, a real, credible, serious lawsuit launched on Monday against the Sacramento Arena plan!

Hey, I've said it all along, the Maloofs don't have to sell to Sacramento, and they've told the NBA that three times. And if the relocation is still denied, regardless of whether the Maloofs own the Kings or the Hansen group, neither one has to participate in the arena deal.

_________________
Terry
(The Lurker)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 1094
hawkfan68 wrote:
... the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right?

This is a really good point. What can Stern or the BoG do about this?

_________________
Terry
(The Lurker)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
Throwdown wrote:
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
TheRealDTM wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!


He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
Throwdown wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.


Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!


He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.


The NBA can buy it under the best interest clause. Because they can literally make up the rules as they go along.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Graham, WA
True lol

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VivaEfrenHerrera and 9 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.