Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Lords of Scythia wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Hey pink, do you know Speedcat from SR?

Not personally, but I've gone back and forth with him on SR a little bit here and there and am very familiar with him.

I play music with the guy.

He seems like a good guy. I love the staff over at SonicsRising. Tough job, tough climate.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:34 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm not a huge NBA fan but I'm excited for the city to get a team back but it leads me to this...

Is there any way the NBA can walk away from this now and not severely damage their reputation? Not to mention it would have anti-trust written all over it with the NBA telling the Maloof's who they have to sell to

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am 
NET Veteran

They could save face by letting the Kings morph into the Sonics or grant them an immediate expansion team starting play in the 13-14 season!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:38 am 
NET Veteran

This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:55 am 
NET Veteran

I get out of work before lunch on Wed. Thinking I just might try and find were the BOG meeting is. Get some green and gold down there!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 am 
* NET Baller *

St. Regis Hotel in NY.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 am 
NET Veteran

pretty sure its here in Dallas somewhere

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 am 
* NET Baller *

NoChops wrote:
pretty sure its here in Dallas somewhere

Oh, WELL THEN! They usually hold their meetings there in NY.

And I tried to help and look for you, Google isn't our friend right now.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 am 
NET Veteran

chris98251 wrote:
This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

This is looking like it's gonna be get ugly if they deny Hanson. It's a hole the NBA dug themselves though, they keep changing the rules to allow Sac back in it.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Practice Squad

I just dont see how the NBA can walk away from not only this amount of money but this group. Group's lkke this don't just fall out of tree's. I feel there will be a team here if not this coming season but the next. I don't see the NBA steeping over a $100 bill to pick up 25 cents plus we have everything in place ready to go.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am 
NET Veteran

The way Stern and the NBA as a whole is bending over backwards and using everything they can do to at first leverage the City of Sacramento to put up a bid for new owners and second get a Arena built using Hansens group and also Kevin Johnson is really pathetic. They may not want Sacramento to move and I can understand that after the debacle that happened here in Seattle with Bennett. But they also can't be so tunnel vision to take a group and have them spend the money Hansen and Balmer have spent to date and then publicly embarass them like Johnson, and then Stern basically give them the cold shoulder and hold the Sacramento groups hand and walks them thru what ever the NBA see's as necessary to get a bid approved. Moving dates, pushing out votes, changeing votes, all the stall tactics being used.

The NBA is used to being the big game in the Jungle and primary predator, the problem we have is that they chose to go into Jurassic Park with Hansen and Balmer. "Queue Jeff Goldblooms Chaos theory speech."

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran

chris98251 wrote:
This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collusion is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

I'm thinking they did know the real vote was 4-3 against instead of 7-0 against, that's why they added another 75 million knowing the vote was that close, this just proves that Stern is rigging the game, and sets it up real nice for a flurry of anti-trust lawsuits against the NBA and Stern if H/B/N doesn't get a team now.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
NET Veteran

NoChops wrote:
Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?

Yes, but if they do, it opens the door to anti-trust lawsuits by both H/B/N and or the Maloffs as the league and Stern have clearly violated the Sherman Anti-trust act. DO I think Stern and the NBA think they are above the law, yes, yes I do, and they'll lose (the NBA that is)

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 pm 
NET Veteran

RealDeal wrote:
I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

They say that because the Maloofs have signed a waiver of recourse (agreement not to sue) as a condition of being an NBA owner. The problem with that is....the NBA is essentially a monopoly, so basically, if you want to be involved in pro-basketball, you have to do so with the NBA, and to do so with the NBA, you have to agree never to sue them. So basically, they use their deathgrip on an industry to write their own rules and force people to give up their legal rights, which isn't looked on kindly by the courts. It's coercive, basically, and those types of agreements are thrown out in cases far less obvious than this, where there isn't even a monopolistic force involved.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:00 pm 
NET Veteran

RealDeal wrote:

It matters on who you talk to, or listen to. Most NBA experts McCann and others don't want the NBA getting sued since that is they bread and butter and game they love, so you are not exactly getting info from unbiased sources when you hear stuff from the NBA national guys. I think H/B/N set the trap and the NBA and Stern blissfully walked right into it!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran

RealDeal wrote:

I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Lords of Scythia wrote:
RealDeal wrote:

I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.

Yea that is what I heard.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

From the article:
Quote:
Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 pm 
* NET Baller *

Maloofs are great people :)

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Smelly McUgly wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

From the article:
Quote:
Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.

Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:25 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Sports Hernia wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:

From the article:
Quote:

Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!

Bammmmmm right in the face.
:177692:

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm 
* NET Baller *

115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

How close are our boys to the B-Line?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:32 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:

401M for the 65%
15M for the 7%
115M for relo

That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran

That's the middle finger to KJ and stern.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:48 pm 
NET Veteran

Msfann wrote:
Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?

I see it as more of a middle finger to the NBA and Stern. The Maloofs are pretty much telling them that they will sell ONLY to the Seattle group!

Hell yes!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:49 pm 
* NET Baller *

Smelly McUgly wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

401M for the 65%
15M for the 7%
115M for relo

That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.

Plus $80 Million in land purchases and the payment for studies during the whole arena approval process, they gotta be at $700-$800 Million mark, and they still got loot left over! The NBA was ready to turn these guys away???

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Msfann wrote:

The Maloofs would just move the team to Seattle themselves, then sell the rest of the shares to hansen/ballmer

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 pm 
* NET Baller *

i'm still trippin off that..

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILL-EE-OWN!!! FOR RELOCATION!!!

Bennett only paid $30m!!

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 pm 
NET Veteran

NEW VOTE:

Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm 
NET Practice Squad

TheRealDTM wrote:
NEW VOTE:

Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?

Hmmmm no no I would rather pay millions sorry. Thanks for the offer. :sarcasm_off:
:snack: just waiting for KJ to say he is still confident with his big smille. :141847_bnono: this is game over.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:20 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I could use a few bucks right now.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 pm 
NET Veteran

This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Fuzzman55 wrote:
This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.

It was just 5-6 years ago that Seattle was the worst city for sports. Not so much now.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I said it before and I will say it again the seattle group needs to rais the 12th man flag Sunday night football vs 49ers

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings

So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Smelly McUgly wrote:
Quote:
I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings

Um....ah.......yeah............thats a lot of dough.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:48 pm 
NET Veteran

Smelly McUgly wrote:
Quote:

So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.

I will be thoroughly disappointed if these men ever buy another beer in Seattle again. I for one intend on making it over to a couple of games this year and celebrate via drinks. They have reached iconic levels. Even more so

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm 
* NET Baller *

Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Throwdown wrote:

Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm 
* NET Baller *

RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.

I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Veteran

It would not hold up in court, so if Stern wants to drag the owners through the mud and flat-out embarrass himself, he can sure try.

He should just roll over on this and figure out how to save face.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.

My Stern goggles will never come off......... :141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm 
* NET Baller *

Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.

I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Throwdown wrote:
Quote:
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.

I must be a genius today...

Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??

CheckMate! :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

What is he going to do though, when the BoG meets and a few of them step up and say, "can i sell him my team"?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Practice Squad

hawkfan68 wrote:
That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.

Im going in 3 weeks. I need stop in there and get a few drinks. Make sure to wear some sonics gear.
:thirishdrinkers:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]