NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:Hey pink, do you know Speedcat from SR?

    Not personally, but I've gone back and forth with him on SR a little bit here and there and am very familiar with him.

    I play music with the guy.

    He seems like a good guy. I love the staff over at SonicsRising. Tough job, tough climate.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri May 10, 2013 11:34 pm
  • I'm not a huge NBA fan but I'm excited for the city to get a team back but it leads me to this...

    Is there any way the NBA can walk away from this now and not severely damage their reputation? Not to mention it would have anti-trust written all over it with the NBA telling the Maloof's who they have to sell to
    User avatar
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am
  • They could save face by letting the Kings morph into the Sonics or grant them an immediate expansion team starting play in the 13-14 season!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10801
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 1:38 am
  • This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9744
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:55 am
  • I get out of work before lunch on Wed. Thinking I just might try and find were the BOG meeting is. Get some green and gold down there!
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1429
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 am
  • St. Regis Hotel in NY.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 am
  • pretty sure its here in Dallas somewhere
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1429
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 am
  • NoChops wrote:pretty sure its here in Dallas somewhere


    Oh, WELL THEN! They usually hold their meetings there in NY.

    And I tried to help and look for you, Google isn't our friend right now.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 am
  • chris98251 wrote:This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.


    This is looking like it's gonna be get ugly if they deny Hanson. It's a hole the NBA dug themselves though, they keep changing the rules to allow Sac back in it.
    User avatar
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:39 am
  • I just dont see how the NBA can walk away from not only this amount of money but this group. Group's lkke this don't just fall out of tree's. I feel there will be a team here if not this coming season but the next. I don't see the NBA steeping over a $100 bill to pick up 25 cents plus we have everything in place ready to go.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am
  • The way Stern and the NBA as a whole is bending over backwards and using everything they can do to at first leverage the City of Sacramento to put up a bid for new owners and second get a Arena built using Hansens group and also Kevin Johnson is really pathetic. They may not want Sacramento to move and I can understand that after the debacle that happened here in Seattle with Bennett. But they also can't be so tunnel vision to take a group and have them spend the money Hansen and Balmer have spent to date and then publicly embarass them like Johnson, and then Stern basically give them the cold shoulder and hold the Sacramento groups hand and walks them thru what ever the NBA see's as necessary to get a bid approved. Moving dates, pushing out votes, changeing votes, all the stall tactics being used.

    The NBA is used to being the big game in the Jungle and primary predator, the problem we have is that they chose to go into Jurassic Park with Hansen and Balmer. "Queue Jeff Goldblooms Chaos theory speech."
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9744
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:25 pm
  • Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1429
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collusion is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

    I'm thinking they did know the real vote was 4-3 against instead of 7-0 against, that's why they added another 75 million knowing the vote was that close, this just proves that Stern is rigging the game, and sets it up real nice for a flurry of anti-trust lawsuits against the NBA and Stern if H/B/N doesn't get a team now.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10801
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm
  • NoChops wrote:Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?

    Yes, but if they do, it opens the door to anti-trust lawsuits by both H/B/N and or the Maloffs as the league and Stern have clearly violated the Sherman Anti-trust act. DO I think Stern and the NBA think they are above the law, yes, yes I do, and they'll lose (the NBA that is)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10801
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:52 pm
  • I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

    They say that because the Maloofs have signed a waiver of recourse (agreement not to sue) as a condition of being an NBA owner. The problem with that is....the NBA is essentially a monopoly, so basically, if you want to be involved in pro-basketball, you have to do so with the NBA, and to do so with the NBA, you have to agree never to sue them. So basically, they use their deathgrip on an industry to write their own rules and force people to give up their legal rights, which isn't looked on kindly by the courts. It's coercive, basically, and those types of agreements are thrown out in cases far less obvious than this, where there isn't even a monopolistic force involved.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 1:00 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

    It matters on who you talk to, or listen to. Most NBA experts McCann and others don't want the NBA getting sued since that is they bread and butter and game they love, so you are not exactly getting info from unbiased sources when you hear stuff from the NBA national guys. I think H/B/N set the trap and the NBA and Stern blissfully walked right into it!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10801
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 1:44 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

    I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.
    DYSFUNCTIONAL NINERS WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/?p=6451
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1298
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

    I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.


    Yea that is what I heard.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 2:56 pm
  • http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

    From the article:
    Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

    Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

    Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

    That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

    Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3508
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Maloofs are great people :)
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:20 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

    From the article:
    Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

    Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

    Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

    That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

    Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.

    Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10801
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:25 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

    From the article:
    Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

    Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

    Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

    That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

    Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.

    Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!


    Bammmmmm right in the face.
    :177692:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm
  • 115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

    How close are our boys to the B-Line?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:32 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

    How close are our boys to the B-Line?


    401M for the 65%
    15M for the 7%
    115M for relo

    That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

    I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3508
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm
  • That's the middle finger to KJ and stern.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2167
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1342
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:48 pm
  • Msfann wrote:Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?

    I see it as more of a middle finger to the NBA and Stern. The Maloofs are pretty much telling them that they will sell ONLY to the Seattle group!

    Hell yes!
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6849
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:49 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

    How close are our boys to the B-Line?


    401M for the 65%
    15M for the 7%
    115M for relo

    That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

    I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.


    Plus $80 Million in land purchases and the payment for studies during the whole arena approval process, they gotta be at $700-$800 Million mark, and they still got loot left over! The NBA was ready to turn these guys away???
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:50 pm
  • Msfann wrote:Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?



    The Maloofs would just move the team to Seattle themselves, then sell the rest of the shares to hansen/ballmer
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 pm
  • i'm still trippin off that..

    ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILL-EE-OWN!!! FOR RELOCATION!!!

    Bennett only paid $30m!!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 pm
  • NEW VOTE:

    Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:NEW VOTE:

    Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?


    Hmmmm no no I would rather pay millions sorry. Thanks for the offer. :sarcasm_off:
    :snack: just waiting for KJ to say he is still confident with his big smille. :141847_bnono: this is game over.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:20 pm
  • I could use a few bucks right now.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 pm
  • This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

    I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1566
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

    I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.


    It was just 5-6 years ago that Seattle was the worst city for sports. Not so much now.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm
  • I said it before and I will say it again the seattle group needs to rais the 12th man flag Sunday night football vs 49ers
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3508
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    Um....ah.......yeah............thats a lot of dough.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10826
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:48 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.


    I will be thoroughly disappointed if these men ever buy another beer in Seattle again. I for one intend on making it over to a couple of games this year and celebrate via drinks. They have reached iconic levels. Even more so
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 745
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm
  • It would not hold up in court, so if Stern wants to drag the owners through the mud and flat-out embarrass himself, he can sure try.

    He should just roll over on this and figure out how to save face.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3508
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


    My Stern goggles will never come off......... :141847_bnono:
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10826
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm
  • Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18807
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


    CheckMate! :th2thumbs:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


    What is he going to do though, when the BoG meets and a few of them step up and say, "can i sell him my team"?
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3614
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm
  • That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

    I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3402
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

    I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.


    Im going in 3 weeks. I need stop in there and get a few drinks. Make sure to wear some sonics gear.
    :thirishdrinkers:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online