NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm
  • As an NBA fan but not a Sonics fan gotta be honest, I really hope they dont expand. If anything the league should shut down a few teams to give itself a better product.

I was hopeful the Kings would make it up to Seattle though.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 9m
    NBA Commissioner David Stern, appearing on the Charlie Rose show tonight, calls Steve Ballmer a "Perfect Prototype for an NBA Owner"...

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 8m
    ...but, Stern says, (paraphrasing now) Sacramento came through with plan, and a group, and that's why the committee made the recommendation.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 6m
    Adam Silver "I think some people are surprised at the preliminary decision the relocation committee has made..."

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
    Silver (cont) "..because they say well but look at Seattle. There are more corporate headquarters, There's more TV households..."

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
    Silver "..there's the potential to generate more revenue there? Shouldn't you move a franchise to the market where there is more revenue?"

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    Adam Silver: "Our response is not necessarily..."

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
    Silver: "...that if you look at total value over time and brand building and community support that continuity is important." #NBAKings
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As an NBA fan but not a Sonics fan gotta be honest, I really hope they dont expand. If anything the league should shut down a few teams to give itself a better product.

I was hopeful the Kings would make it up to Seattle though.

Well the odds of contraction are extremely small, so just put up with it and let us have one extra team. We'll still take the Kings, though, if you prefer. :mrgreen:
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Silver: "...that if you look at total value over time and brand building and community support that continuity is important." #NBAKings

"Unless you're Seattle in 2008 with 41 years of support. Then screw you."

What a freakin joke.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 9m
    NBA Commissioner David Stern, appearing on the Charlie Rose show tonight, calls Steve Ballmer a "Perfect Prototype for an NBA Owner"...

...but, Stern says, (paraphrasing now) Sacramento came through with plan, and a group, and that's why the committee made the recommendation.

Adam Silver "I think some people are surprised at the preliminary decision the relocation committee has made..."

Silver (cont) "..because they say well but look at Seattle. There are more corporate headquarters, There's more TV households..."

Silver "..there's the potential to generate more revenue there? Shouldn't you move a franchise to the market where there is more revenue?"

Uh... WTF? lol

Sigh, looks like Stern has had too much time to make Silver his brainwashed pet.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 pm
  • H/B/N will do what they can and beyond that, there is nothing left to do. NHL wouldn't be enough to get them to build the arena would it? I wouldn't mind watching some hockey while we wait.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Sue Silver's dumb ass along with Stern an the NBA's! Scorched earth beotches! If I cant get my NHL team due to NBA and their commish's being a couple of Richard Craniums then send the NBA into a death spiral with it defending itself against massive lawsuits!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:H/B/N will do what they can and beyond that, there is nothing left to do. NHL wouldn't be enough to get them to build the arena would it? I wouldn't mind watching some hockey while we wait.

I don't think so. Most NHL teams don't bring anywhere near the profits of NBA teams.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:H/B/N will do what they can and beyond that, there is nothing left to do. NHL wouldn't be enough to get them to build the arena would it? I wouldn't mind watching some hockey while we wait.

No, it wouldn't.

Let's keep in mind that Stern just called Ballmer, essentially, an ideal NBA owner in the media. I wonder how you go about denying a PSA to a guy like Ballmer then? They need HBN to back out, they can't deny them. Maybe they threaten scorched earth, constant denial of relocation, etc. etc., but we'll see. I have a feeling Ballmer isn't the type to take kindly to threats.

da fuk u say?
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 pm
  • Buy the kings, trade all their players and pick up free agents off the developmental league, lose 79 games the first season, watch support vanish for the Arena, watch attendence go down the tube, Hansen and Balmer don't even have to go there, oh and hire Paul Westphal as coach to make sure you never go anywhere.

Claim no area support, claim that the city backed out of the Arena deal, claim you can't make money in currenty market with Arco arena, move team to Seattle.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 pm
  • << My response to what was said in that interview
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 9m

Uh... WTF? lol

Sigh, looks like Stern has had too much time to make Silver his brainwashed pet.

Uh..........fighting till the bitter end just seems moot to me after reading these comments. Seattle will be forever be used as leverage by the NBA so they can get other cities to build new venues for them. Guess 41 years pf support doesn't mean s*** these days.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 pm
  • No, we won't be used. Not if we fight.

If you want to back down like a pussy, have at it, but Hansen and Ballmer, if they see this as their one and only chance to have secured a team in the next 5 years or so, are going to make it hurt.

Stop being the quintessential Seattle fan stereotype that knows nothing but defeat and bitching about being defeated. We're big boys now. If we're going down, we're bringing as many of these jackasses down with us as we can.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:02 pm
  • I may be grasping at straws here, but anyone else find it odd that Silver used the word "preliminary" to describe what happened yesterday? what happens if Vivivivivivivek Ranadeerover doesn't come up with the money that he hasn't come up with?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I may be grasping at straws here, but anyone else find it odd that Silver used the word "preliminary" to describe what happened yesterday? what happens if Vivivivivivivek Ranadeerover doesn't come up with the money that he hasn't come up with?

It's a valid question. Let's see what happens Friday in that regard. Let's also see if the Maloofs even give half a crap about what these jokers are doing, since these other dudes, that they have a signed contract with, are paying them more.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm
  • I still find it ironic that with no real purchase money on the table and all the heresay about the arena that the board looked at relocation negitively.

If they were instructed by Stern and Bennett to weigh the ramifications soley on whats best for all franchises and not specificly Sacramento then I could see a no vote. Looking at it as a owner of a franchise and the possible sale in the future of any team and that a new owner could just move it at will would make a lot of them cringe thinking their team could be relocated.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm
  • As far as expansion, there are players, think about it, up until barly 20 years ago most players came almost totally from the US, now it's a world recruitment and their are some pretty good players world wide. They can put teams together. deluted as far as how many Micheal Jordons are out there maybe, but then again if you have a guy like that your lucky. It mostly comes down to how many dominating one on one players are there, if they played team basketball more then stocking teams would not be the issue they say it is.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 pm
  • If we back down they'll use us as leverage for the next 10 years. Better to go down swinging.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 am
  • Throwdown wrote:<< My response to what was said in that interview

dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 am
  • chris98251 wrote:As far as expansion, there are players, think about it, up until barly 20 years ago most players came almost totally from the US, now it's a world recruitment and their are some pretty good players world wide. They can put teams together. deluted as far as how many Micheal Jordons are out there maybe, but then again if you have a guy like that your lucky. It mostly comes down to how many dominating one on one players are there, if they played team basketball more then stocking teams would not be the issue they say it is.

The thing is why would they come to the NBA now after the expansion when they could've came before and played? If they were good enough or wanted to, they probably would've probably already came. If they were that good, the pre-expansion teams (all 32 teams now) would've probably tried to recruit them already. I also agree that it comes down to the "one on one players", but there aren't too many good ones around the world or in the NBA already. Teams are already not very competitive outside of a few, expansion would most likely just add another to that list.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 am
  • I'm in let push forward and let the NBA know they will never do this to us again. Bring the laywers, bring the NBA down.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am
  • salamander wrote:
    You know this is a Seahawks board, which as a Seahawks fan is the primary reason I come here. I didn't realize I had to be a Sonics fan too. Usually the people here are pretty cool and respectful. They also typically have thick skin and can discuss things like grown men. Telling me to f-off when I made a fairly innocuous comment from a Kings fan's perspective isn't what I'd expect from this place and frankly you're not doing your city any favors by being a dick.

Traditionally Sacramento has always supported the Kings. They had seasons and seasons of sellouts when their best players were Mitch Richmond and Wayman Tisdale and they were lucky to make the playoffs as an 8 seed and get swept. The last few years have been bad because the fans realized they were being ripped off and manipulated by the Maloofs. Let me give you an analogy. For years the Sacramento fans stood in long lines to eat a really bad hamburgers...they only stopped showing up when the Maloofs started making the burgers out of horse meat and spitting in them. All they gotta do is stop spitting in the burgers and the fans will return.

"Hello Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

do you really think your statement, immediately after the emotional gut punch, was "innocuous"? Either youre not sure of what that word means, or far from sensitive to the massive amounts of Sonics fans on this board and how frustrated and angry we all are at this moment. I think its you who wasnt doing your city any favors. You came on here to gloat. and whether you intended to or not came off arrogantly. you cant be that naive, and if you are, well, welcome to .net.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 am
  • dontbelikethat wrote:The thing is why would they come to the NBA now after the expansion when they could've came before and played?

Because up until the mid/late 90's those international players didn't exist and NBA teams didn't bother looking for them.

The international reach of the game has changed significantly in the last 20 years. One main reason is NBA marketing - starting with the Dream Team of the 90's Olympics. The other reason (good or bad) is that the style of play in the NBA has changed. The international game has a slightly different set of rules & style (more like NCAA) - more emphasis on playing in space, ball movement, jump shots, etc. In the 80's/90's in was possible for perimeter players to make the transition (the wave of Eastern Euro swingmen like Petrovic, Kukoc, Marciulionis). Since then, the style of the NBA has adapted even further - players like Nowitski, Ginobli, Parker, etc - can now thrive.

There are currently 30 teams in the NBA. Everyone freaks out about expansion and "diluting the product" because in 1990 there were only 22. First wave of NBA expansion was 1990 (Heat, Hornets) then 2 more a year later (Magic, Timberwolves) then 2 more in 1995 (Raptors, Grizzlies). Finally the Bobcats were added in '04 to make it an even 30. However - in the "Golden Age" of the 60's & 70's, when the NBA & ABA were both in action, there was also a total of 30 teams (18 in the NBA, 12 in the ABA).

Basically, you're only looking at a 10 year stretch in the 80's where there were not about 30 professional basketball teams playing in the US. (and the ABA did not fold because of lack of talent - it was like the USFL and folded because of a mish-mash of good/bad owners, no TV deal and small markets).

Bottom line, there's more than enough talent to support 31/32 Pro teams in the US. Expansion is not going to destroy the product. The NBA's issues have always been with bad/restrictive CBA's, no hard salary cap, guaranteed contracts, and the difficulty of trades. That's what allowed "powerhouse" big market teams to hoard talent in the 80's/90's while small market teams suffered. And it meant that if a team made one bad trade/investment it could trap them in cap hell for 3-4 seasons. Supposedly those issues were improved a bit in the latest CBA.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 am
  • G'Damn I missed Ved's basketball posts. Back in the day, before Throwdown, you were the ONLY persons hoops opinion I respected. I forgot all about that until you started posting in this thread.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 am
  • pehawk wrote:G'Damn I missed Ved's basketball posts. Back in the day, before Throwdown, you were the ONLY persons hoops opinion I respected. I forgot all about that until you started posting in this thread.

What the hell? You respect Throwdown?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 am
  • Well respected :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:G'Damn I missed Ved's basketball posts. Back in the day, before Throwdown, you were the ONLY persons hoops opinion I respected. I forgot all about that until you started posting in this thread.

Hoops opinions only.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 am
  • Just add a damn expansion team and be done with it..

Besides, an expansion teams talent isn't that far removed from the Kings roster..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:G'Damn I missed Ved's basketball posts. Back in the day, before Throwdown, you were the ONLY persons hoops opinion I respected. I forgot all about that until you started posting in this thread.

Hoops opinions only.

I bet throwdown cant even throw it down. Love the kid for his passion, but still think he's Michael Bolton.

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 am
  • HOLLYWOOD wrote:Just add a damn expansion team and be done with it..

Besides, an expansion teams talent isn't that far removed from the Kings roster..

It'd also be less work, you could build the team you want when you're starting from scratch.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I bet throwdown cant even throw it down. Love the kid for his passion, but still think he's Michael Bolton.

Haven't been able since HS :( thanks for bringing me down, jerk
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Haven't been able since HS :( thanks for bringing me down, jerk

Hey, i'm 6'3" and have never dunked on a 10 foot hoop in my life. I've got the vertical of an old Arvidas Sabonis.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 am
  • SABONIS! always fun to say, still to this day.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am
  • I'd love to see Sabonis and Duckworth fight.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:39 am
  • pehawk wrote:I'd love to see Sabonis and Duckworth fight.

I'd take Duckworth in the 3rd.. TKO

Both were actually serviceable big men..

Had Sabonis came over earlier in his career I think he could have been an All Star.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 am
  • HOLLYWOOD wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'd love to see Sabonis and Duckworth fight.

Had Sabonis came over earlier in his career I think he could have been an All Star.

He woudl have been more then an all star he would have been an NBA MVP. By the time he got here his legs were already shot, unfortunatly. Still had amazing game though.

RIP Kevin Duckworth.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HOLLYWOOD wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'd love to see Sabonis and Duckworth fight.

He woudl have been more then an all star he would have been an NBA MVP. By the time he got here his legs were already shot, unfortunatly. Still had amazing game though.

RIP Kevin Duckworth.

I know Sabonis was a beast when he was younger. Really could do it all as a big man. A rare combo for sure.

Duckworth was a pain in my ass as a Laker fan. Those late 80s early 90s Blazer teams were tough to deal with.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 am
  • "It's going to get ugly." That's how a source close to the ownership group attempting to purchase the Sacramento Kings and move them to Seattle described the next steps after the NBA relocation committee recommended that the team should stay put.

:hmmmm: :snack:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... -for-kings
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:H/B/N will do what they can and beyond that, there is nothing left to do. NHL wouldn't be enough to get them to build the arena would it? I wouldn't mind watching some hockey while we wait.

I don't think so. Most NHL teams don't bring anywhere near the profits of NBA teams.

I really don't know if this is the case. I checked Wikipedia, and was surprised to learn that the majority of NHL teams don't share an arena with the NBA - New Jersey, the Islanders, Buffalo, Pittsburg, Carolina, Tampa, the Panthers, Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis, Phoenix, San Jose, Anaheim and all of the Canadian teams play in NHL-only arenas (or just share with Arena League Football or NCAA Basketball).

My understanding is that Hansen had his sights set on the NBA for personal reasons - he's a Sonics fan and passionate about it. He wasn't going after the NHL not because it wasn't profitable, but because he has no knowledge/passion/connections with the sport. Hansen's plan was to secure the NBA and then let another group that was passionate about the NHL worry about securing a team to share the arena with.

I think that's the big problem - In order to make $$$, the group that constructs the building also has to own/operate at least one of the franchises that play in it. Hansen has the ability to build the arena, but no desire to own NHL. The Chicago guy has the desire for NHL, but unless there's an existing arena he can lease he can't build one without help (i.e., public subsidies - which aren't happening here)

I honestly don't know where that leaves the NHL situation - I suppose it might be possible for Hansen & the NHL guy to work something out separately and get the arena built. And that may be something Hansen's now interested in doing if he thinks it will help him land an NBA team (or if he plans on going ahead and purchasing the Kings and pulling a Clay Bennett in Sacto).
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 am
  • Hansen/Ballmer will not pursue an arena or the NHL without NBA. They won't build an arena without an NBA team and without the arena there is no NHL
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 am
  • pehawk wrote:G'Damn I missed Ved's basketball posts. Back in the day, before Throwdown, you were the ONLY persons hoops opinion I respected. I forgot all about that until you started posting in this thread.

I've been so bitter about the Sonics my interest in the NBA just evaporated. I was house-sitting a friend's condo down in Lower Queen Anne this Winter and had to walk by the Key every frickin' day ... damn that hurt. Started watching some of the playoffs this year and realized I had no clue about half the players/teams.

Even if we get the Sonics back, I know I'll go to games and cheer, but I don't know if I will ever care like I did before (it's like having that first love rip your heart out, and in every future relationship you carry a bit of that cynicism to keep from getting hurt again)

BUT, I have a 2-yr old son and I want him to have a local team to love like I got to have growing up. I'm going to live vicariously through him.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:10 am
  • I follow the playoffs, but as you said, it's hard to really KNOW the league without a team. Well, at least if you have a family and other priorities.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 am
  • vedthree wrote:

I've been so bitter about the Sonics my interest in the NBA just evaporated. I was house-sitting a friend's condo down in Lower Queen Anne this Winter and had to walk by the Key every frickin' day ... damn that hurt. Started watching some of the playoffs this year and realized I had no clue about half the players/teams.

Even if we get the Sonics back, I know I'll go to games and cheer, but I don't know if I will ever care like I did before (it's like having that first love rip your heart out, and in every future relationship you carry a bit of that cynicism to keep from getting hurt again)

BUT, I have a 2-yr old son and I want him to have a local team to love like I got to have growing up. I'm going to live vicariously through him.

I'm in the same boat. I watch some of the playoffs every year and often find myself asking, "Who the hell is that?". I wonder which way I'm going to swing if they come back. Am I going to be as passionate as I was before? Am I going to love the game even more because I realized how much I loved it after they left? I don't know. But I'd love the chance to find out.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:30 am
  • I stopped watching the playoffs as soon as this recommendation was made
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am
  • Hey watch the games online, DO NOT watch NBA on TV until this garbage is settled.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 am
  • lol Y'all wanna know a stupid dream I was close to chasing?

I was looking into getting into school for marketing to try and catch a job with the team when they moved here, I dream BIG.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 am
  • Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 35m
    From source in Sacramento "It appears Seattle has an appetite to make this ugly. That Ballmer is pissed enough to force a vote on the sale."

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 31m
    Sac source: "Only move that could alter the ultimate direction of the Kings 4 next season would be a new deal blowing Sac out of the water."

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 30m
    Same source in Sac says "I'm hearing the Sac group is tapped out."

RAISE DAT BID.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:42 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    "Hello Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

do you really think your statement, immediately after the emotional gut punch, was "innocuous"? Either youre not sure of what that word means, or far from sensitive to the massive amounts of Sonics fans on this board and how frustrated and angry we all are at this moment. I think its you who wasnt doing your city any favors. You came on here to gloat. and whether you intended to or not came off arrogantly. you cant be that naive, and if you are, well, welcome to .net.

I apologize if my comments came across as gloating, aggressive, combative etc. That was not my intention. I was just trying to defend Sacramento and the committee's decision without attacking Seattle. I love Seattle. If I could pick any city in the US to live I would want to live in Seattle. It's a great town, and it deserves a basketball team no doubt. Having said that, I guess reading these comments here makes me defensive because you guys want to take my basketball team away. While it's clearly not a black and white decision, there are many valid reasons to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and many valid reasons the committee's recommendation was the right one. I think it should be much harder to move a team than keep it where it is. I think the Kings problems are because of very bad management, not a bad market, and I think it should take more than just a few years of bad attendance to move a team that has traditionally had some of the best attendance in the NBA. Seattle got really screwed when the Sonics were taken away, but you are not being screwed this time, and Sacramento hasn't won anything here, we're just keeping what is already ours.
    salamander
    NET Rookie

Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 35m
    From source in Sacramento "It appears Seattle has an appetite to make this ugly. That Ballmer is pissed enough to force a vote on the sale."

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 31m
    Sac source: "Only move that could alter the ultimate direction of the Kings 4 next season would be a new deal blowing Sac out of the water."

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 30m
    Same source in Sac says "I'm hearing the Sac group is tapped out."

RAISE DAT BID.

Why not go down swinging if we do.

$600 MILLION LETS GO!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am
  • We're getting screwed because we lost out to a far inferior offer in every way, shape or form. We lost because Stern decided Sacramento wasn't leaving, a luxury we were not afforded. Sacramento offered a flimsy, financially limited ownership group and an arena deal built on funny money.

You should realize you were given a gift and thank your lucky stars, Sacramento didn't earn this, despite what your mayor insists.

Btw, our 41 years of outstanding fan support didn't matter, so why should yours?
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information