NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow

SF Sports guy who has been saying that Sacramento would keep the Kings and talking Seattle expansion for at least a week. More accurate than most so far. He's saying that Hansen and NBA are working on an expansion deal.

Public announcement or it never happened. I hope Hansen remembers that he is dealing with a snake.

J - I imagine it would be an antitrust suit launched "by" the Maloofs (paid for by Hansen), claiming the NBA is a monopoly denying them the right to sell their team for what it is worth.

I don't see expansion happening. I mean Mitch Leavy called Ballmer and put his responses on twitter and he believed expansion was out of the question and than Stern tonight echoed that same sentiment. Its all over, and its a shame. Just life as a Seattle sports fan.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Now I'd love to see the Maloof's say "ok, fine. We're not selling then. So where's our new arena? Let's get this done!". That'd be great!

This would also make me happy. Fold that paper tiger.
    Feed the Hawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm
  • I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?

Stern will continue to give them extensions.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?

Yup. If you haven't realized it already, this game is rigged.

Eff Stern. What a scumbag.
    Cad
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?

Pretty much. Stern will give them as much time as they need.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm
  • This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.

Just saying....

The alternative, which is obviously by far the most likely at this point, is we see a city collapse under the weight of its own moronic whoring of itself to keep the NBA, an arena plan that will never come to fruition, and a mediocre ownership group overpaying for a team that only works in that market by putting out a nickel and dime roster. That city, that market, and that team are going to be a cautionary tale.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 pm
  • Sacremento has 2 billion dollars of debt, how can they afford a new arena?
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm
  • Debt schmebt. They just follow the lead of the federal government.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm
  • I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Uhhhhhhhhhh does anyone have any idea what it means when Hansens people are saying that this ain't over yet???
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm
  • I think it means that Chris Hansen has what Sacramento never will:

More than $7 to his name.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 pm
  • lol I don't wanna hear that song, its gonna bring up some emotions n shit, and being a #humblethug follower i cannot shed tears.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm
  • Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.

I really like this post, pink. Exactly how people should look at it until that fat chick is a-singin'...
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.

yeahhh I got a job interview in the morning, no drinking for me.

I'm slowly getting back up to the normal Throwdown. We may not get the NBA today, but god damn we got Russell Friggin Wilson and he's gonna get us this Super Bowl we deserve!

Why is August so far away?

Honestly though, I love basketball too god damn much to give up this damn easy. I've been on this wagon for 5 years, the hell is 2-3 more years to me? Sure i'll be closer to 30 when I should be mature n shit, but that's probably never gonna happen :)

You are right, I didn't even think the Kings would come here, I really didn't you guys can go back into that thread about the whole arena process, I said it was going to be something none of us saw coming.

Trust In Chris Hansen, this man has a plan and he's gonna see it through.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm
  • I don't know why California needs 4 NBA teams. Kings fans are close enough to the Bay Area to become Warrior fans... :229031_banghead:
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I'm with Pink. Let us go down swinging at this point. Burn and scorch the earth? Possibly, but they've made it clear that we are probably not going to get a team anyways, so might as well force their hand.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 pm
  • Like someone here already said... I'll give up when Hansen does
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm
  • Well, no matter what happens, all I'm saying is, let's not give up. Defeat should never be an acceptable proposition for us. It has been the case too often for Seattle sports fans. We suffered through years of bad Seahawks football, we constantly suffer through bad Mariners baseball, etc., to the point where losing is the norm and we just laugh it off. I'm just saying, losing isn't acceptable, period. If we do lose, so be it, but we're not doing so with even an ounce left in the tank.

We deserve better than that. We simply are better than that, we just need to get it through our heads. We're like the abused spouse who keeps coming back for more because "he really loves me", when we really need to just shoot him in his sleep. Let's raise our expectations for ourselves, our sports teams, and for what we god damn deserve to have in this city, which is an NBA and NHL team.

I'll still be screaming when there's nobody left to listen.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:Well, no matter what happens, all I'm saying is, let's not give up. Defeat should never be an acceptable proposition for us. It has been the case too often for Seattle sports fans. We suffered through years of bad Seahawks football, we constantly suffer through bad Mariners baseball, etc., to the point where losing is the norm and we just laugh it off. I'm just saying, losing isn't acceptable, period. If we do lose, so be it, but we're not doing so with even an ounce left in the tank.

We deserve better than that. We simply are better than that, we just need to get it through our heads. We're like the abused spouse who keeps coming back for more because "he really loves me", when we really need to just shoot him in his sleep. Let's raise our expectations for ourselves, our sports teams, and for what we god damn deserve to have in this city, which is an NBA and NHL team.

I'll still be screaming when there's nobody left to listen.

Boom!
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm
  • I love Chris Hansen lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I love Chris Hansen lol

Haha, I was just commenting on that very thing. The man is a boss. I got amped up again.
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 pm
  • I just love this damn city.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Statement released by Chris:
    http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/to-the-sonics-faithful

*tear*

I'm not giving up hopes!

As much as I want that to cheer me up, I just see nothing coming from it.......Stern has done it to me.........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm
  • Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
    2. Everyone feels bad
    3. Good news
    4. Everyone feels good
    5. Blitzer ruins the moment
    6. Rinse and repeat.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Statement released by Chris:

*tear*

I'm not giving up hopes!

As much as I want that to cheer me up, I just see nothing coming from it.......Stern has done it to me.........

Hell no, Blitzer.

Be a MAN, son. Let's go down pissed off and swinging and nothing else. Take the gun out of your mouth and point it in the right direction. This is what I'm talking about. We deserve nothing less than the best, we're going to fight until the end, and if they don't give us what we want, they're as stupid as it gets. Have confidence. I believe in this city, this market, I believe that to turn us down is foolish.

Go and brush your shoulders off.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 pm
  • this got to me

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ―Muhammad Ali
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:this got to me

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ―Muhammad Ali

Great man. It's quotes like this that should be read and reviewed often.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:

*tear*

I'm not giving up hopes!

I wonder what you're like when it comes to trying to swing a girl your way ;)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Gawd damn you have to love Chris! Makes me want to go curb stomp an NBA commissioner and future NBA commish! I think he just sent an FU to Stern with that message!
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Image

Perfect.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 pm
  • Hansen is gonna be such a good owner one day. just wish that day was today
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
    2. Everyone feels bad
    3. Good news
    4. Everyone feels good
    6. Rinse and repeat.

Don't throw me under the bus for expressing my disappointment........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:

*tear*

I'm not giving up hopes!

I wonder what you're like when it comes to trying to swing a girl your way ;)

Not good.......not good thats for sure.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:57 pm
  • Blitzer.....

MOUNT UP.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
    2. Everyone feels bad
    3. Good news
    4. Everyone feels good
    6. Rinse and repeat.

Don't throw me under the bus for expressing my disappointment........

I'm just saying that you gotta have hope, man. Sure overconfidence is not good, but underconfidence is not good either.

Read that quote from Mr. Ali that Chris Hansen included in his letter.

Also:
    Chris Hansen wrote:I just wanted to reassure all of you that we have numerous options at our disposal and have absolutely no plans to give up.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
    2. Everyone feels bad
    3. Good news
    4. Everyone feels good
    6. Rinse and repeat.

Naw, man, naw! It's this:

1. Bad news
    2. Everyone feels bad
    3. Good news
    4. Everyone feels good
    6. Everyone recovers
    7. Stern shits in the punch bowl
    8. Everyone dies from dysentery
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14 pm
  • Sue all the things!
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Sucks. NBA has been slowly dieing anyways :\

We all know Miami is going to win.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm
  • I'm not giving up until Hansen/Balmer gives up. Bennett & Stern be damned, I still refuse to believe that the majority of NBA owners are too stupid to turn away this Seattle opportunity and that they are still that beholden to Stern's BS when he's a lame duck commish.

What I think Stern & the owners are doing right now is trying to get the maximum return out of this deal - a new arena/owner in Sacto AND a team back in Seattle. That's why they're dancing around expansion - they have to make it seem all or nothing in order to keep the pressure on Sacto for the deal to finalize.

I still think it's going down in 1 of 2 ways:
    1.) Sacto can't pony up the $$$ by May 13th, the BoG simply says "hey, the committee's recommendation was contingent on Sacto having cash on hand - that hasn't happened, so we're voting to approve the sale/relocation to Hansen"
    2.) Sacto does pony up the $$$, in which case the BoG says "Now expansion's on the table."

That said, if we don't get a public commitment & timeline for expansion this offseason, then I fully endorse Hansen/Ballmer going Nuclear. The owners can take their veiled threats of "play nice and maybe we'll still let you in the club" and shove 'em up their ass. Stern's a lame duck, and there's no way the owners would go down with the ship with him.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information