Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran

This must be a real touching moment for Kevin Johnson, not "touching" like his molestation of teenage girls, but in the emotional way.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I'm over it. I don't want an exapsion team. Forget the NBA.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:37 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
I'm over it. I don't want an exapsion team. Forget the NBA.

Yup. This. Screw that league. I'll laugh next lockout when they are asking for more.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
Wow...

NBA is finished

There fixed if for ya! The NBA is again officially dead to me now! Since this isn't the shack I'll leave it at that

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Stern and company can eat a giant bag of hairy dicks.

The level of injustice is astounding. One thing that I don't hear anyone mentioning is what about the 30 million Hansen and company gave to the Maloofs making their contract binding? I could see the potential for some legal action ahead.

Sue the NBA and put that lyin sack of S that is the little man stern on the stand and under oath and he will perjure himself!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm 
NET Veteran

CPHawk wrote:
Sac will never build the arena. Seattle got punked by the NBA.

And Sacramento just punked the NBA, like you said, that new arena will never get built, as they don't have the cash!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

If St. Hansen isn't able to get a public commitment of an expansion team, on a timeline he agrees to, I hope he sues the everloving bejeebus out of the NBA. We know how much the behind-the-door promises of David Stern are worth.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Snohomie wrote:
If St. Hansen isn't able to get a public commitment of an expansion team, on a timeline he agrees to, I hope he sues the everloving bejeebus out of the NBA. We know how much the behind-the-door promises of David Stern are worth.

I agree. Everybody says that if he does we'll never get a team back, but fine, that's where I'm at anyways. Go nuclear on the NBA. If they can scorch earth here then we'll return the favor.

And as Mitch pointed out on KJR today, this all to keep the team in Sacramento, an absolute crap market. It almost seems like a joke.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm 
NET Veteran

pinksheets wrote:
Snohomie wrote:

I agree. Everybody says that if he does we'll never get a team back, but fine, that's where I'm at anyways. Go nuclear on the NBA. If they can scorch earth here then we'll return the favor.

And as Mitch pointed out on KJR today, this all to keep the team in Sacramento, an absolute crap market. It almost seems like a joke.

Yup, at this point I'm aiming to ruin the NBA. I don't care if it leads to never getting another team, they have made it clear they don't want us.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 pm 
* NET Moderator *

pinksheets wrote:
Snohomie wrote:

What can you sue for though? I'm assuming he knew that even if he had an agreement to purchase the team that the other NBA owners would still have to approve relocation. Clearly Seattle is getting screwed, but it doesnt seem like within the system they did anything you could sue for.

I'm not trying to take the NBA's side, just asking the question.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but some of you are getting pretty "Fatal Attraction" about it. Sucks but give it a few days to let things shake out. If anything, someone should just publish David Stern's cell phone number once a month so he has to keep changing it. Don't get mad, get even ;)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow

SF Sports guy who has been saying that Sacramento would keep the Kings and talking Seattle expansion for at least a week. More accurate than most so far. He's saying that Hansen and NBA are working on an expansion deal.

Public announcement or it never happened. I hope Hansen remembers that he is dealing with a snake.

J - I imagine it would be an antitrust suit launched "by" the Maloofs (paid for by Hansen), claiming the NBA is a monopoly denying them the right to sell their team for what it is worth.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Snohomie wrote:

What can you sue for though? I'm assuming he knew that even if he had an agreement to purchase the team that the other NBA owners would still have to approve relocation.

I'm not trying to take the NBA's side, just asking the question.

If they deny the sale, there are antitrust implications, regardless of what NBA by-laws are, they don't trump federal law. The NBA is a de facto monopoly that one could argue coerces all parties into waiving legal rights due to being the only game in town. If they refuse to consider expansion, there are antitrust implications there as well, as it can be argued that this de facto monopoly is acting as a cartel that unfairly constricts the number of teams to line their own pockets. If Hansen actually took over the team and they tried to deny relocation again, there's always the antitrust route Al Davis took against the NFL, as well. These are 30 separate businesses, not one company that actually grants "franchises" in the sense that McDonalds does. When a Tampa Bay ownership group was denied their perfectly sound PSA to buy the SF Giants with the intention of relocating, they sued the MLB, the MLB panicked and granted Tampa expansion. These professional sports leagues basically operate on wink and nudge type agreements that everybody involved has an aligned interest not to see this whole thing blow up, because they do operate on very shaky legal ground. It's why during the past NFL lockout there was a lot of talk, and even a lawsuit started (which was pulled back when an agreement was reached) that would have nuked the entire concept of the NFL draft. I have no idea if Hansen and Ballmer would even consider going this route, but if anybody knows some good antitrust attorneys, it's going to be Steve Ballmer.

The NBA's greatest weapon against antitrust suits is that they have the deep pocket books to stay in the legal process game longer than most potential plaintiffs, not a strong basis in law.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Quote:
Steve Sandmeyer ‏@SteveSandmeyer 1h
Welp...there goes my theory RT @ChrisDaniels5 NBA Commish David Stern just spoke on @NBATV - said expansion not on table

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm 
NET Rookie

The antitrust route is a dubious route. One, nobody has denied a sale yet. Plus the by laws do play a role. The fact of the matter is nobody has really won an antitrust suit of this nature, so there is no case law on point. The lockout correlation is the wrong one to make. Different issues. Courts are not kind to owners suing their partners. They are more open to players suing, but its still very expensive.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:40 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

sue the shit outa them worked for the mariners. funny how an orginaztion like the mariners could set a precident in a team they don't want back.
the nba doesn't want to be here fine. need to stand up and take the fight to them.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 pm 
NET Veteran

NorCal wrote:
The antitrust route is a dubious route. One, nobody has denied a sale yet. Plus the by laws do play a role. The fact of the matter is nobody has really won an antitrust suit of this nature, so there is no case law on point. The lockout correlation is the wrong one to make. Different issues. Courts are not kind to owners suing their partners. They are more open to players suing, but its still very expensive.

There isn't case law on this because the leagues never let it get that far. They set up certain criteria for considering relocation and sales agreements so that they have something legally defensible, as opposed to trying to just blatant exert absolute control. If taken to court, I'd love to see them explain why staying in Sacramento makes more economic sense than the Seattle relocation, and it's why the NBA does not want Hansen and Ballmer pushing for an ownership vote, because they have no reason to deny them. If they could show an ownership group is not economically viable, they have nothing to fear in court, but other than that, owners can sell to who they want, and really, can move teams to where they want. Like I said, they are counting on those parties not having the balls to take them to court, not on a strong legal foundation. Like I said, the MLB balked at the lawsuit against them by the Tampa group that had a sound PSA to buy the Giants, and that league even has some antitrust protection, the others have none.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

This news just ruined my week, and it's only Monday. =(

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Now I'd love to see the Maloof's say "ok, fine. We're not selling then. So where's our new arena? Let's get this done!". That'd be great!

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
NET Rookie

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure Stern cares about the size of the market for teams. Why else would he support the Sonics to OKC, arguably the smallest market in all of pro sports. There's more going on underneath the surface.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Snohomie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow

SF Sports guy who has been saying that Sacramento would keep the Kings and talking Seattle expansion for at least a week. More accurate than most so far. He's saying that Hansen and NBA are working on an expansion deal.

Public announcement or it never happened. I hope Hansen remembers that he is dealing with a snake.

J - I imagine it would be an antitrust suit launched "by" the Maloofs (paid for by Hansen), claiming the NBA is a monopoly denying them the right to sell their team for what it is worth.

I don't see expansion happening. I mean Mitch Leavy called Ballmer and put his responses on twitter and he believed expansion was out of the question and than Stern tonight echoed that same sentiment. Its all over, and its a shame. Just life as a Seattle sports fan.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm 
NET Rookie

BlueThunder wrote:
Now I'd love to see the Maloof's say "ok, fine. We're not selling then. So where's our new arena? Let's get this done!". That'd be great!

This would also make me happy. Fold that paper tiger.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm 
* NET Baller *

I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Throwdown wrote:
I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?

Stern will continue to give them extensions.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

SeatownJay wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Yup. If you haven't realized it already, this game is rigged.

Eff Stern. What a scumbag.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

SeatownJay wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Pretty much. Stern will give them as much time as they need.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran

This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran

pinksheets wrote:
This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:55 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2020887921_brewer30.html

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran

jkitsune wrote:
pinksheets wrote:

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.

Just saying....

The alternative, which is obviously by far the most likely at this point, is we see a city collapse under the weight of its own moronic whoring of itself to keep the NBA, an arena plan that will never come to fruition, and a mediocre ownership group overpaying for a team that only works in that market by putting out a nickel and dime roster. That city, that market, and that team are going to be a cautionary tale.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 pm 
NET Veteran

Sacremento has 2 billion dollars of debt, how can they afford a new arena?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Debt schmebt. They just follow the lead of the federal government.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:41 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

What a depressing article......just shows how screwed we were again by Stern and the NBA.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm 
* NET Baller *

Uhhhhhhhhhh does anyone have any idea what it means when Hansens people are saying that this ain't over yet???

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm 
NET Veteran

I think it means that Chris Hansen has what Sacramento never will:

More than $7 to his name.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 pm 
* NET Baller *

lol I don't wanna hear that song, its gonna bring up some emotions n shit, and being a #humblethug follower i cannot shed tears.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm 
NET Veteran

pinksheets wrote:
I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.

I really like this post, pink. Exactly how people should look at it until that fat chick is a-singin'...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm 
* NET Baller *

pinksheets wrote:
Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.

yeahhh I got a job interview in the morning, no drinking for me.

I'm slowly getting back up to the normal Throwdown. We may not get the NBA today, but god damn we got Russell Friggin Wilson and he's gonna get us this Super Bowl we deserve!

Why is August so far away?

Honestly though, I love basketball too god damn much to give up this damn easy. I've been on this wagon for 5 years, the hell is 2-3 more years to me? Sure i'll be closer to 30 when I should be mature n shit, but that's probably never gonna happen :)

You are right, I didn't even think the Kings would come here, I really didn't you guys can go back into that thread about the whole arena process, I said it was going to be something none of us saw coming.

Trust In Chris Hansen, this man has a plan and he's gonna see it through.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't know why California needs 4 NBA teams. Kings fans are close enough to the Bay Area to become Warrior fans... :229031_banghead:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm with Pink. Let us go down swinging at this point. Burn and scorch the earth? Possibly, but they've made it clear that we are probably not going to get a team anyways, so might as well force their hand.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Like someone here already said... I'll give up when Hansen does

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Well, no matter what happens, all I'm saying is, let's not give up. Defeat should never be an acceptable proposition for us. It has been the case too often for Seattle sports fans. We suffered through years of bad Seahawks football, we constantly suffer through bad Mariners baseball, etc., to the point where losing is the norm and we just laugh it off. I'm just saying, losing isn't acceptable, period. If we do lose, so be it, but we're not doing so with even an ounce left in the tank.

We deserve better than that. We simply are better than that, we just need to get it through our heads. We're like the abused spouse who keeps coming back for more because "he really loves me", when we really need to just shoot him in his sleep. Let's raise our expectations for ourselves, our sports teams, and for what we god damn deserve to have in this city, which is an NBA and NHL team.

I'll still be screaming when there's nobody left to listen.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Statement released by Chris:
http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/to-the-sonics-faithful

*tear*

I'm not giving up hopes!

NET Veteran

NET Veteran

pinksheets wrote:
Well, no matter what happens, all I'm saying is, let's not give up. Defeat should never be an acceptable proposition for us. It has been the case too often for Seattle sports fans. We suffered through years of bad Seahawks football, we constantly suffer through bad Mariners baseball, etc., to the point where losing is the norm and we just laugh it off. I'm just saying, losing isn't acceptable, period. If we do lose, so be it, but we're not doing so with even an ounce left in the tank.

We deserve better than that. We simply are better than that, we just need to get it through our heads. We're like the abused spouse who keeps coming back for more because "he really loves me", when we really need to just shoot him in his sleep. Let's raise our expectations for ourselves, our sports teams, and for what we god damn deserve to have in this city, which is an NBA and NHL team.

I'll still be screaming when there's nobody left to listen.

Boom!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm 
* NET Baller *

I love Chris Hansen lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]