Mariners aquire a bat

Lithium

Reaction score
Jason Vargas for Kendrys Morales

"if its broke, fix it", so im a little happier

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Trade makes more sense than that asinine Fister trade, however, I no longer think they are dealing from a position of strength on the pitching staff despite what M's fans try to tell me about the "prospects" they have in the minors.

Morales, well protected, with the Angels, did ok, when he wasn't breaking his leg celebrating like a jackass for hitting a game winning home run.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I like Vargas but I like morales's bat with him and maybe trade for upton. And sign swisher iLife our chances better. All and all both teams got what they wanted.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
seahawk2k":30hqchqb said:
Trade makes more sense than that asinine Fister trade, however, I no longer think they are dealing from a position of strength on the pitching staff despite what M's fans try to tell me about the "prospects" they have in the minors.

Morales, well protected, with the Angels, did ok, when he wasn't breaking his leg celebrating like a jackass for hitting a game winning home run.

so just to be clear, if hadn't broken his leg, would you still call him a jackass for celebrating? which every single guy who hits a walk off does.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
As I recall, his leap into his adoring teammates was a little above and beyond your standard celebration.

And yes, to be clear, I'm going to call you a jackass when you get hurt celebrating.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
seahawk2k":zlfoof2q said:
As I recall, his leap into his adoring teammates was a little above and beyond your standard celebration.

And yes, to be clear, I'm going to call you a jackass when you get hurt celebrating.

okie dokie.

i went and watched the video, looked pretty standard.

pinksheets

Reaction score
This is a good move.

Hopefully we can pull off a couple more decent trades, and we might actually have some interesting baseball to watch this year. I'll be in the King's Court either way.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":2hl4zf8a said:
I like Vargas but I like morales's bat with him and maybe trade for upton. And sign swisher iLife our chances better. All and all both teams got what they wanted.

A Morales trade makes a move for Swisher more than unlikely. They play the same positions, there isn't a spot for both especially when you factor in Smoak and Montero.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
Trrrroy":wmr2qbi1 said:
425HawkSpark":wmr2qbi1 said:

A Morales trade makes a move for Swisher more than unlikely. They play the same positions, there isn't a spot for both especially when you factor in Smoak and Montero.

Moralas is a 1B, Swisher is a RF, Montero C, Smoak - Worthless, part of the problem not the solution IMO

Trrrroy

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1rbnfhdt said:
Trrrroy":1rbnfhdt said:
425HawkSpark":1rbnfhdt said:

Moralas is a 1B, Swisher is a RF, Montero C, Smoak - Worthless, part of the problem not the solution IMO

Swisher *can* play RF, but his defense is terrible. He's far more suited to 1b/DH, and I'm pretty sure that's where the M's would want him if they were to sign him (which according to most sources seems very unlikely. That's what sparked the Morales trade, IMO).

Atradees

Reaction score
Vargas wasn't really a great pitcher. Morales is a good pick up. With the fences moved in I think Vargas would have slid off our map.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3jyvdc9o said:
Swisher *can* play RF, but his defense is terrible. He's far more suited to 1b/DH, and I'm pretty sure that's where the M's would want him if they were to sign him (which according to most sources seems very unlikely. That's what sparked the Morales trade, IMO).

yeah they aint getting him anyway so moot point.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":3emqjied said:
Trrrroy":3emqjied said:

yeah they aint getting him anyway so moot point.

Yep. I'm hoping to see a move for Michael Bourne, though. He'd look great at RF.

hawksman53

Reaction score
There are people on here that think Jason fargas in his prime is a good trade for Kendry Morales????
WoW!!!

hawksman53

Reaction score
These are the only 2 guys the Mariners will aquire ( Bay and Morales) and then they will sugar coat it to look like they did something great and will also lie and say they made a hard push at Hamilton

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawksman53":1q70ccg8 said:
There are people on here that think Jason fargas in his prime is a good trade for Kendry Morales????
WoW!!!

Fargas the RB :)? Anyways, the guy was a lot better at safeco then on the road, and the fences are coming in.

Latest posts