Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Chelsea just look unbeatable this season.


In the EPL at the very least, cause in Ukraine right now, they're looking like they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off.


Yeah, their European from is not so good. Nobody from the premier league seems to be doing much threatening in the CL this year.


Except Arsenal :D and United :pukeface: , though Arsenal have looked a bit shaky at times(not nearly as much as City and Chelsea), and United have only taken care of inexperienced opponents they should be beating.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Neither of them look like winning it, though.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Neither of them look like winning it, though.


Sadly, we said the same about Chelsea last year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 pm
Posts: 159
For those who follow transfer news, or EPL news in general: http://www.EPLtweeter.com

_________________
http://www.nfltweeter.com/seahawks/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Lot of Arsenal talk on ESPN right now, challenging Wenger, Gervinho, leadership and Wengers recent assertion that 4th is like a trophy.... interesting stuff really. Amazing what two consecutive losses can bring out from the media.

Peaches... derby weekend. Massive trip to Goodison


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
Lot of Arsenal talk on ESPN right now, challenging Wenger, Gervinho, leadership and Wengers recent assertion that 4th is like a trophy.... interesting stuff really. Amazing what two consecutive losses can bring out from the media.

Peaches... derby weekend. Massive trip to Goodison


yeah, huge. Looks like Jones will be in nets again. Thought he looked the part against Reading. Suarez will need to be on form. We desperately need a striker in January. We can't let Fellaini and the rest of that squad bully us about and force us off the passing game, but that's probably what'll happen at Goodison. Need a win, but i'd take a draw, tbh.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Watching 1st half of Arsenal-QPR. Zeroes but the Gunners look a lot better with Wilshere on and Gervinho off. Sounds obvious I know but its revealing what Gervinhos negative impact has been on the Arsenal side. Not that's he's terrible (he has his flashes) but more about how little he contributes to Wengers vision.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
It wasn't a world class match between Arsenal and QPR but I'll take the 3 points any day regardless of how it happened. I will not dispute weather or not Arteta was offside for the goal, it wasn't given and we have to accept that, I know that's hypocritical of me to say since I constantly think open goal scoring chances for Arsenal's opponents are offsides myself. As for the red card, I agree with the commentators who said it was a stupid retaliation. M'Bia should have just left Vermaelen alone, but no he chose to take a swing at Vermaelen and he got sent off for it and in a way cost his team the game. I do wish Cazorla had converted that open chance before Arteta's goal but he made the shot look more difficult than it was and at least we won't be wondering on what would happen if he had scored that.

It was awesome to see Wilshere return, not just to action but starting the match as well. Early in the 2nd half when Granero accidently stepped on Wilshere's ankle and he went down, you could tell that the air in the stadium got sucked out faster than a balloon popping. It's great that he was okay and that he made it the rest of the way to the point he was subbed out. Maybe he'll play on Wednesday but I kinda doubt he'd start if he does, but I hope to see him play more against Man U.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Speechless..... Suarez is cursed (classic Derby celebration though. Right up with Fowler). Liverpool draw another where three points was obvious


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 409
What a bunch of shit. Robbed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
It was a disgraceful day for referees in the EPL, big games that have been overshadowed by blown and missed calls. And to make things "better", Howard Webb, Man U's favorite referee, has apparently been assigned to the Arsenal-Man U match on Saturday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:10 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
It was a disgraceful day for referees in the EPL, big games that have been overshadowed by blown and missed calls. And to make things "better", Howard Webb, Man U's favorite referee, has apparently been assigned to the Arsenal-Man U match on Saturday.


Better chalk that one up as a loss, mate.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Gatehawk wrote:
It was a disgraceful day for referees in the EPL, big games that have been overshadowed by blown and missed calls. And to make things "better", Howard Webb, Man U's favorite referee, has apparently been assigned to the Arsenal-Man U match on Saturday.



Arteta was offside, so was hernandez. A fan if either club should go on about their day and say thank you to FAs match officials, not worry about future calls

Of all the f----ing days for a Gunner fan to be complaining about refereeing in a game that hasn't even occurred...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
It was a disgraceful day for referees in the EPL, big games that have been overshadowed by blown and missed calls. And to make things "better", Howard Webb, Man U's favorite referee, has apparently been assigned to the Arsenal-Man U match on Saturday.



Arteta was offside, so was hernandez. A fan if either club should go on about their day and say thank you to FAs match officials, not worry about future calls

Of all the f----ing days for a Gunner fan to be complaining about refereeing in a game that hasn't even occurred...


I'm taking Arteta's goal as a good fortune moment for Arsenal who had deserved a goal with all the chances they got, but it was stupid that the goal came from an alleged offsides position.(I say alleged cause it wasn't given) At least with the Arteta incident we could probably find a reason why it wasn't give, my theory is that the refs lost Arteta in the chaos that was happening in front of the goal, Chicharito's goal there isn't much to support him being onsides just like Suarez being offsides.

I also know I shouldn't be complaining about Webb before the match, but it'd be stupid to neglect the fact that every time Webb officiates a Man U match, something controversial or noteworthy happens.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
[url] http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2 ... HYxt5l&s=1 [/url]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Ha ha! He's such a knob. Better celebration than 97.6% of the other goal celebrations though


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
So....Gatehawk....not a good first half against Reading. I realise it's only the league cup, but man. Doesn't really look like a particularly weakened side Wenger's put out, either.

If they get knocked out here, that's not going to be good for Wenger, because the league cup is a decent opportunity for silverware for Arsenal. they won't win the CL and won't win the league. You're now left with the FA cup being your only hope, and most teams put out a strong side for that one. I understand there'll be fan outrage after another trophyless season, but will the board make any sort of change? Wenger makes them so much money, he's the kind of manager that a board dreams about having. Doesn't pay over the odds for big name players, is excellent at coaching up younger players and selling them at huge profits and plays an attractive style of football that get's them plenty of fan interest and TV time. However, the trophy drought is pretty alarming, even you have to admit. Just curious as to what the vibe is among arsenal fans at the moment.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
So....Gatehawk....not a good first half against Reading. I realise it's only the league cup, but man. Doesn't really look like a particularly weakened side Wenger's put out, either.

If they get knocked out here, that's not going to be good for Wenger, because the league cup is a decent opportunity for silverware for Arsenal. they won't win the CL and won't win the league. You're now left with the FA cup being your only hope, and most teams put out a strong side for that one. I understand there'll be fan outrage after another trophyless season, but will the board make any sort of change? Wenger makes them so much money, he's the kind of manager that a board dreams about having. Doesn't pay over the odds for big name players, is excellent at coaching up younger players and selling them at huge profits and plays an attractive style of football that get's them plenty of fan interest and TV time. However, the trophy drought is pretty alarming, even you have to admit. Just curious as to what the vibe is among arsenal fans at the moment.


1st half, yeah it was disgraceful. 2nd half, shades of Newcastle's comeback against Arsenal 2 years ago and Sweden's comeback against Germany earlier this month.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
Walcott makes it 6-5 over Reading! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? And now Chamakh makes it 7-5!

Oh and League 2 side Bradford has upset Wigan in penalties.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 409
Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 409
Slightly off topic, but what do we all think about FOX losing the rights to televise the EPL to NBC sports? Will FOX pick up another one of the top leagues? While I am unsure about how NBC will handle this, but I would love to see Bundesliga games on the regular on FOX.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5416
Location: Hagerstown, MD
peachesenregalia wrote:
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.


In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.


peachesenregalia wrote:
Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.


Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 409
SeatownJay wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).


Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
SeatownJay wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).


Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?


GolTV has Bundesliga. Most of the other leagues are on that BeIn Sport channel that I doubt anyone actually has.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Gatehawk wrote:
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.


In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.


peachesenregalia wrote:
Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.


Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?


Its not quite the same as 4 down to Germany, but I wouldn't apologize for any win, especially a dramatic one like that


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
Spurs, United and defending champion Liverpool are now out of the Capital One Cup and after the Draw here are the quarterfinal matchups:

Arsenal vs Bradford City
Swansea vs Middlesbrough
Leeds United vs Chelsea
Norwich vs Aston Villa


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:32 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Arsenal to lose to Chelsea in the final. Book it.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Arsenal to lose to Chelsea in the final. Book it.


With who Arsenal have been drawn against, it would be completely excusable if Wenger were to play practically the same team that went up against Reading. Bradford might be a tough task as they've made it this far but we have to remember they made it here by winning on penalties.

And honestly, Arsenal has a better chance of making the final than Chelsea. Unless they end up drawn to face each other in the semi's. Arsenal getting to the semi is almost a guarantee after being drawn to face the lowest ranked team left, though that doesn't mean Arsenal can just waltz through the match. Chelsea on the other hand has to go to Leeds, and that place can be a tricky place to play at.

Chelsea and Arsenal are the favorites to make the final but the draw could change everything in a heartbeat.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Yesterday showed the depth issues Liverpool have. Not a great show by Yesil, Cole, Carragher and Coates. With a huge match ahead on Sunday its frustrating Rpdgers had to turn to a 17 year old Sterling and 30+ year old Gerrard to salvage a cup tie.

Its obvious Rodgers isn't placing the same importance on the Carling Cup as Dalglish did (playing Henderson at back for example) but unlike last year we just don't have a strong "cup" team. Unfortunate as I think this club needs as many wins as it can get and from anywhere


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:24 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
peachesenregalia wrote:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.


Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:47 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.


Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority


look for us to finish somewhere around 6-10 in the league this season, unless there's some massive turnaround. I'm perfectly alright with that, though, because I like what Rodgers is doing here with his system. Defending has been an issue all season, but looks to be getting better at least with the first team. It's a work in progress. We need another striker, and a crafty attacking mid who can open up space for Suarez. Sterling and Assaidi both look to be good pices out on the wings, and Allen is the kind of midfield general that you build a team like this around. Agger and Skrtel are both fantastic, and will get back to being rock solid with more time in the system. Johnson I still think can be a bit of a liability in defense, but seems to be doing alright. Wisdom should be a good one for the future.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Uncle Si wrote:
Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority


For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Uncle Si wrote:
Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority


For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.


Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall


I don't understand the perspective cause I'm not a Liverpool fan. Besides, I know a lot of people at the beginning of this tournament would love to win this. If you need an example of how fans can be, Arsenal fans(myself included) won't shut up about the comeback against Reading, even though it's in a cup tournament that's as Wenger said at the bottom of Arsenal's list of priorities, that's how desperate Arsenal fans are for a trophy. And you can't blame them, I bet if Liverpool was in this position, their fans would ripping their hair out of their heads or worse.

And you can't totally blame Liverpool for the loss, Swansea has been good this season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5416
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Well, it sure didn't take RVP long to score.

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
The only positive's I have about the game was that we robbed United of a clean sheet at the absolute end and the Arsenal fans at the game were louder than the United fans, who only got loud when they scored. I do feel that Wilshere got a harsh second yellow which sent him off and now we won't have him till the North London derby because of it. I feel that Walcott should have started the match, though I do understand the fact he didn't cause he played the whole 120+ minutes on Tuesday.

On a side note, Van Persie did earn a little bit of my respect for him back after not celebrating his goal like d-bags like Adebaywhore. In the post match interview he stated that he still respects Arsenal and the Gunner fans, which I couldn't resist asking to myself "If he respects us then why leave us for a league rival?".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.


You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.


You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?


I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.


You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?


I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.


Wait, wait.... are you suggesting Carzola, Giraud and Podolski were not born in London with Arsenal bibs on, raised in Gunner housing while studying Wenger tactics and watching countless sessions of the Invincables every day while ending their nights sitting at Henrys feet as he regails stories of his goals?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.


You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?


I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.


I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am
Posts: 64
Location: Israel
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
roiyair wrote:
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..


United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?


I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.


I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.


He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.


Remember his "little boy" line? It kinda makes me think he did do that when Arsenal weren't looking.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am
Posts: 64
Location: Israel
Uncle Si wrote:
roiyair wrote:
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..


United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.


I don't know if found their form is correct. I still get goose bumps every corner or free kick. De Gea is just horrible dealing with crosses which maybe forgiven in La Liga, but definitely not in the Premier League, where it's right at the top of the list of most important things for a goal keeper. The defense isn't helping too much either, but hopefully when we get Vida, Jones and Smalling back that will improve. On the offensive side we are playing good football though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HuskyHawk, Uncle Si and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.