EPL 2012-2013

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm
  • If Arsenal are mediocre, then what does that say about Liverpool and Spurs? Arsenal didn't go from winning a match to losing it in the span of 88 seconds. At least Arsenal don't rely on a guy who's a habitual diver and been accused of racism. You wanna call Arsenal mediocre, fine go right ahead, then I have the right to call your favorite clubs worthless pieces of shit that are nothing more than a waste of space and everybody's time. And you guys, who obviously feel the need to be a bunch of self-centered, stuck up, over-conceited morons, can go to hell and burn.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:If Arsenal are mediocre, then what does that say about Liverpool and Spurs? Arsenal didn't go from winning a match to losing it in the span of 88 seconds. At least Arsenal don't rely on a guy who's a habitual diver and been accused of racism. You wanna call Arsenal mediocre, fine go right ahead, then I have the right to call your favorite clubs worthless pieces of shit that are nothing more than a waste of space and everybody's time. And you guys, who obviously feel the need to be a bunch of self-centered, stuck up, over-conceited morons, can go to hell and burn.

Can you be "over-conceited"? Is that like "hugely large"?
    (Gate... you're a child. Take your lumps. You're squad lost to a 4th tier team)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:If Arsenal are mediocre, then what does that say about Liverpool and Spurs? Arsenal didn't go from winning a match to losing it in the span of 88 seconds. At least Arsenal don't rely on a guy who's a habitual diver and been accused of racism. You wanna call Arsenal mediocre, fine go right ahead, then I have the right to call your favorite clubs worthless pieces of shit that are nothing more than a waste of space and everybody's time. And you guys, who obviously feel the need to be a bunch of self-centered, stuck up, over-conceited morons, can go to hell and burn.

Back of the net!

LOL, too easy.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am
  • I love being a Liverpool fan...
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 am
  • Christ on a bike.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:11 am
  • QPR WINS!

That is all. :)
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:53 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Christ on a bike.

Top 4 team? Thankfully the entirety of the PL is mediocre right now. But jesus, 29 shots and one goal. We don't have the quality to finish our chances and are far too naive in defending in the 433.

We need two finishers and a quality back in january. And that's IF we want to finish in top 10
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Christ on a bike.

Top 4 team? Thankfully the entirety of the PL is mediocre right now. But jesus, 29 shots and one goal. We don't have the quality to finish our chances and are far too naive in defending in the 433.

We need two finishers and a quality back in january. And that's IF we want to finish in top 10

The defending was shambolic, particularly on the second goal. Guy comes in completely unmarked, and no-one appears to be in a hurry to get back. Shocking.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:35 pm
  • Is it just me or was a few days ago, someone said Arsenal are mediocre, today it's expanded to the entirety of the EPL.

Anyways, just wanted to get your thoughts about something I heard about on twitter. According to the Manchester Evening News, Ca$hmir Na$ri has started weighing up the option of returning to Arsenal and has been in contact with Wenger. Now I feel if he does come back, which I doubt would happen without some form of anger from other Arsenal fans, he better prepare an extremely good apology for his asinine remarks after he joined City, and even then it'll take a hell of a lot more to be forgiven. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing, he was a good player when he was with the Gunners, but he sure as hell wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms.

On a slightly related note, Jack Wilshere has announced he has no plans to leave Arsenal anytime soon and said he'll be signing a new long term contract in the next few weeks. Now if only Walcott would follow Jack's example.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 am
  • Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:51 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.

No. Not even close. Gary Neville is probably the worst football pundit there's ever been. Even worse than Le Tissier. Arsenal being dumped out of the QF of the league cup by lowly Bradford is MUCH worse than Chelsea losing in the final of a meaningless cup to the CONCACAF champions league winners.

Arsehole.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:22 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.

No. Not even close. Gary Neville is probably the worst football pundit there's ever been. Even worse than Le Tissier. Arsenal being dumped out of the QF of the league cup by lowly Bradford is MUCH worse than Chelsea losing in the final of a meaningless cup to the CONCACAF champions league winners.

Arsehole.

You're absolutely right except for one thing, peaches.

Corinthians is from CONMEBOL, not CONCAFAF. They're a Brazilian squad.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 am
  • Gate, this is why we give you so much on this board...

With 4 points separating 12th from 4th we all knew the league was mediocre. Had said it many times previous and continually discuss the faults of our favorite clubs openly. You can't admit that your team is in that bunch of mediocrity, continually attempt to vindicate them against the face of reality and are now trying to wash over a loss to a 4th tier team with a half arsed remark about chelseas loss to a brazilian top tier team (I know it was neville that said it)

The PL is mediocre at the moment. It lacks dynamic players, strong leadership, financial stability and heart. Its phasing out its most passionate fans through financial exorbitance and global marketing. We realize it and our clubs place in it. You seem to feel Arsenal are somehow washed over by it but still dry. Either way. I appreciate your devotion to your club but we do that with our friends. On here we try and "talk" football and try to be rationale about it.

To your question, I wouldn't have Nasri on Liverpool and he's done nothing to my club. I can't imagine Arsenal would go near him. Have to imagine the whole thing is media speculation
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. The Brazilian club's defeated Chelsea 1-0 on a goal by Paolo Guerrero. The Blues loss was commented on by Gary Neville as being more embarassing than Arsenal's Capital One Cup exit.

Arsehole.

You're absolutely right except for one thing, peaches.

Corinthians is from CONMEBOL, not CONCAFAF. They're a Brazilian squad.

Fair enough. My bad. The point still stands, though. Gate's a muppet.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:44 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Fair enough. My bad. The point still stands, though. Gate's a muppet.

I never said Neville's comment is right. However he does have a point about it, that's the fourth trophy opportunity this season that Chelsea, Lost the Community Shield(that one's okay to lose), Lost the UEFA Super Cup(while getting raped in the process by Falcao), Knocked out of the CL in the Group Stage(First defending champ to do so), Loses in the Club World Cup final despite being overwhelming favorites, not to take anything away from Corinthians considering they're a damn good team, and I emphasize the word TEAM.

The loss by emphasizes the point I believe Si is trying to make about claiming the EPL is mediocre this year. I still refuse to admit Arsenal is mediocre but rather admit they haven't played to the potential I felt the squad had at the beginning of the year. Arsenal have a number of talented players(i.e. Cazorla and Podolski), but they also have talented players who refuse to live up to the hype or shoot themselves in the foot a lot(i.e. Arshavin and Gervinho). But this does prove a point of the lack of team effort in most of the English squads, most of the players are on certain teams because that team pays them the most money whereas in Brazil, those players have so much passion for the club they play for and are willing to sacrifice individual glory if it brings glory for the entire team.

The comments by Neville are of his own opinion and there will be people who agree with him and those who won't. I won't say he's 100% right because it's hard, damn near impossible even, to trump a top tier club losing to a 4th tier club for most embarrassing loss. But at the same time he isn't 100% wrong because Chelsea were the defending European Champions, though you wouldn't know it by looking at how they did it and what they've followed it up with so far, and they were just as big of favorites to win that match as Arsenal were against Bradford. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if someone who completely agrees with Neville argues that a Brazilian club, like Corinthians, are the equivalent of a 4th tier English club, which they aren't and people would be dumbasses to think that. It's down to a matter of opinion here and I'll agree Arsenal had the more embarrassing loss, though Chelsea's loss is embarrassing as well, just not as much.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:20 pm
  • ffs Gate give it a rest....
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:ffs Gate give it a rest....

I'll give it a rest when you guys stop bagging on Arsenal just because I mentioned a freaking quote that just happened to have them in it. The quote was Neville's opinion, but you jerks act as if I was the one that said it and not him. Hell I bet you didn't even read the whole thing I said cause I said Arsenal's exit from the COC was more embarassing, but you are giving off the impression that you think I'm defending Arsenal. So how's about you give it a rest.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm
  • Hands up who agrees with Gatehawk?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 am
  • RIts an issue of scemantics and understanding what the word "mediocre" truly means. But regardless, the majority of PL teams are toothless and lack creativity this year. Chelseas loss to Corinthians further exasperates it.. Maybe the Jan. Window will bring new blood.

But Gate, to your defense of Arsenal, everything you say about them confirms there mediocrity. In defending them (they aren't playing to potential, players aren't trying, coach refuses to adjust) tyoure only further confirming their mediocrity. It doesn't matter either way. You act as if we give you more about arsenal than we do any other team, including our own.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 am
  • Lets see here, Arsenal played great yesterday for 85 minutes and Reading played well for all of 5 minutes. That final score was the biggest illusion of the game seeing as if it weren't for 2 mistakes by Gibbs and the Reading keeper it could have been 10-0 easily. Reading was so horrendous that it was almost like they were hand delivering Arsenal chances left and right.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 am
  • Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

On the transfer front, it appears David Villa is on Wenger's list, it'd be awesome to get him but I just don't think it'll happen.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:57 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

On the transfer front, it appears David Villa is on Wenger's list, it'd be awesome to get him but I just don't think it'll happen.

Who said the team were in crisis? You beat bottom-of-the-table Wigan 1-0 on a penalty. Hardly a great performance. Muppet.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 am
    Gatehawk wrote:Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

Who said the team were in crisis? You beat bottom-of-the-table Wigan 1-0 on a penalty. Hardly a great performance. Muppet.

Gate doesnt understand the difference between "crisis" and "mediocre"... as if it was seahawks.net that were waxing the demise of Wenger only two weeks ago... oh wait, that was the rest of the world.

3 points away is never a bad thing. but its not the sun on the horizon, maybe just a faint light at the end of a long tunnel
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:11 am
  • I think this is what Rodgers has in mind for the Liverpool team. Great high pressure, quick insisive passing and lots of movement off the ball. Fantastic work from Enrique and Johnson at wing back. Gerrards goal looked very similar to Coles against West Ham...

Fulham were not the part today. Never looked like they got off the bus. Made life easy for the Reds today. We need that. Need the confidence. Need the three points. Like to see Suarez net one before its out (and he does!)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:57 am
    Gatehawk wrote:Not bad for a team that's in a "crisis". Arsenal are now on their longest winning streak of the season and have gone 4-3-1 since the Man U loss. And for the time being, they are in 3rd place a point above Chelsea and Spurs. This game wasn't as comfortable as the last 2 but Arsenal still clawed out the win.

Reread what I said and point out the exact place I said it was a great performance. I didn't even say it was a deserved 3 points. All I said it wasn't a comfortable game, as in the who god damn game. You have to be really dense to think everything I say is pro-Arsenal even when it's obvious I never said anything about the performance itself. As for the crisis thing, most of the critics of Arsenal have said they're in a crisis(namely when they completed their worst start in the Wenger era).
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:04 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Gate doesnt understand the difference between "crisis" and "mediocre"... as if it was seahawks.net that were waxing the demise of Wenger only two weeks ago... oh wait, that was the rest of the world.

3 points away is never a bad thing. but its not the sun on the horizon, maybe just a faint light at the end of a long tunnel

Normally it'd be Arsenal who'd get punished for wasting chances, today it was Wigan who did it, and Wigan deserved something out of the game. It's actually nice to see the Gunners win a game where they weren't at their best rather than draw or lose it, I'd rather not have it be that way but oh well.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 pm
  • Oh, and don't forget Gate, Chelsea have two games in hand. Arsenal are in like a 4-way tie for 4th, really. Gonna be a massive race for that final CL spot this season.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 pm
  • http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=tacticsandanalysis&id=595

Interesting breakdown of Sturridge joining Liverpool, from a statistical perpsective. Does worry me a bit, but his advantages have to be more than Downong, despite current form (yeah for first goal in the PL!)

Gate, no need to apologize for three points on the road. Those are the points that separate Euro play from CL

Peaches is spot on, Chelsea still with two games in hand, Liverpool (and two others) only 5 points off 4th. January will be a massive month of football and transfers (villas not moving, Gate)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:57 pm
  • I never said Villa is leaving Barca, all I said was it'd be awesome if Arsenal ever got him.

I could care less how we got the 3 points honestly, it could have been Al Habsi kicking the ball into his own net and I'd take it.

And Peaches Arsenal is gonna have a game in hand themselves cause of the postponement of the West Ham match cause of the idiot subway workers going on strike, so it seems as if everyone does.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:06 pm
  • Here's a Arsenal fan reviewing the Wigan match. I normally watch his videos and I tend to agree with the points he brings up, even if I'm unwilling to admit it.

Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 pm
  • Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well

And not a single f*** was given that day...

Seriously though, bacon-face might have just said the stupidest thing he's ever said with the "RVP could have been killed" thing. What a hypocritical muppet.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:07 am
  • And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:13 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.

CORRECT. Finally we agree, Gate. Roy Keane used to be one of the dirtiest bastards on the pitch. Did Fergie ever say anything? Did he shite....
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:10 pm
    Gatehawk wrote:And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.

CORRECT. Finally we agree, Gate. Roy Keane used to be one of the dirtiest bastards on the pitch. Did Fergie ever say anything? Did he shite....

Its a Christmas miracle! !

And yeah.... Fergie has lost the plot.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 am
  • Fergie's descent into madness continues as he has been berating the referee, the 4th official and an assistant referee over the 2nd Newcastle goal.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:13 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Fergie's descent into madness continues as he has been berating the referee, the 4th official and an assistant referee over the 2nd Newcastle goal.

I hate him more than any other figure in sports. I don't think there's ever been a bigger hypocrite than him. Disgusting.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 am
  • Yeah, he's a giant ass. Of course the FA has no balls so they won't do anything about him.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:47 pm
  • The FA would never do anything to harm their precious Manchester United, they would rather screw over the other clubs just for the fun of it.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm
  • Re: Liverpool season - I love roller coasters.....wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:08 am
    Uncle Si wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well

And not a single f*** was given that day...

Seriously though, bacon-face might have just said the stupidest thing he's ever said with the "RVP could have been killed" thing. What a hypocritical muppet.

Yeah, it is quite obvious RVP was coming along quite nicely after the ball hit his head. :D

Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 am
  • Oh what a freaking surprise, Fergie's not gonna be reprimanded for that temper tantrum he threw on the sidelines yesterday.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Oh what a freaking surprise, Fergie's not gonna be reprimanded for that temper tantrum he threw on the sidelines yesterday.

Of course not. And united fans wonder why they're hated.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm
  • 35 goals scored today, according to Fox Soccer it's the most goals scored in a single day in EPL history. 23 of the goals were scored by Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Norwich.

I watched probably 50 minutes of the Man U-West Brom match and the Red Devils looked like they were lucky to get 3 points as their 2nd came when Foster was unbeatable and West Brom were the more likely to score in the second half.

Arsenal and Newcastle can be described with two simple coments, for 70 minutes neither team played defense, the last 20 minutes only Arsenal played defense. Walcott scored a hat trick in his 3rd game at the front and Giroud came off the bench to bag a brace and the crossbar denied him of his first Arsenal hat trick. potential-Arsenal signing Demba Ba had his own brace, his first taking an extremely fortunate deflection off of Wilshere's head, thank god he didn't die, and Marveaux scored his first EPL goal. The other Arsenal scorers were The Ox and Podolski, who's goal came when it seemed like the ball hung on the crossbar waiting for him.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:11 pm
  • Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.

I completely forgot to mention about how he scored his 3rd goal when I typed that. Also you probably shouldn't be saying he's unsettled cause there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he is, unless there's something behind the scenes nobody's seeing. If not for Cameron Jerome's strike that could easily have been Goal of the Week. It actually reminded me of his goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last year.

And Newcastle should be incredibly embarrassed, it's completely pointless to make an excuse like how Arsenal didn't play on Boxing Day so they were more rested. It was inexcusable how they defended, Demba Ba and Marveaux played really good and the defense ruined it for them.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 pm
  • Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 am
  • The Reds kick a bad team while they're down, finally. Hope to see more of that. With some tough games coming up we need to get points when they're available.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...

How the fuck did I ruin it? Damn dude you are strict if you think I did.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information