Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:If I had twitter I would definitely twitting about this, keep up the great work guys for those of us that can't!

Once you start using it, it gets addicting.

I dont have followers or tweet very much, but its a good way to set up a personalized news feed for yourself.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:I dont have followers or tweet very much, but its a good way to set up a personalized news feed for yourself.

I'll follow you to the ends of the earth.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 am
  • Wasn't the city council vote yesterday? I can't find anything on it over at king5.com...
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 am
  • Lieutenant Dan wrote:Wasn't the city council vote yesterday? I can't find anything on it over at king5.com...

They were saying on Twitter that the City council was delaying discussing the Arena MOU until after a recess period. They are expecting to pick this up @Aug 24th.

Our own Seatown81 is a good twitter follow for all the latest details. @EJJ206

EDIT: King5 thinks a vote will not occur until September.

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/No-Seattle-Council-vote-on-arena-until-Sept-supporters-target-Port-with-Twitter-war-166057806.html
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 am

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am
  • Thank you kindly for the headsup, Doc!
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am
  • hahaha I saw Seatown on twitter yesterday and followed him, i could tell by the pic.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 am
  • Throwdown wrote:hahaha I saw Seatown on twitter yesterday and followed him, i could tell by the pic.

Same here. He got re-tweeted by Rotak (I believe) and when I saw that banana head, knew it was Seatown.

No problem Lt Dan.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm
  • Seattle City Council stalling out again, watch them drag this past the election date so they can play safe and campaign on what their district yells the loudest.

I hope Hansen can pull some magic off but this city council would rather spray perfume all over themselves while standing in crap and say they are green and helping the enviroment then simply flushing a toilet and cleaning up problems.

With all the mud slinging going on I beleive they are hoping to turn up a skelton to throw a wrench in the mix.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:56 pm
  • Don't get too discouraged, guys. It's not happening as quickly as we all would like. But it's better for the council to get it right, than it is to do it fast. There are likely a couple council members still on the fence that need a little bit more to get fully on board. People in the know are all saying that word is Tim Burgess, who leads the committee overseeing the proposal, is doing a good job trying to make this work for everyone. We don't want the council voting this out of committee and to a vote if it won't pass. That's why waiting a couple more weeks to get a deal that everyone is happy with is important.

Here's an update from Chris Hansen from yesterday:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/progress-report

Hey Everyone,

Our recent conversations with the City Council have been very productive and I am committed to continuing the discussion. I hope we’ll soon reach an agreement that will put us on track to bring NBA basketball back to Seattle.

— Chris Hansen

And some positive news today. Local Seattle politicians telling the city council that they support the arena:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/letter- ... egislators

Senator David Frockt, Representative Eric Pettigrew, and Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles sent this letter in support of Sonics Arena to the Seattle City Council.

"Letting this proposal pass would be a missed opportunity that would leave us wondering for years what could have come from a project promising thousands of family wage jobs, expanded economic activity, and restored pride with the return of our world Champion Supersonics."

Keep on fighting. We've had a really productive day mass tweeting the city council. Send a message or two to @SeattleCouncil, telling them you want this passed. There's been a big push of fans tweeting the following:

@SeattleCouncil: As a registered voter, I ask that you approve the SoDo arena MOU. Thank you. #SeattleArena

Keep up the faith!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 am
  • I like that Seattle Legislators are coming to our aide, like we needed it anyway we already had facts on our side. But this is like a whipped cream topping, all we need is that cherry (whats up seattle city council?!)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 am
  • Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox
    Citing e-mail documentation, arena proponents contend the #Mariners hired Pacific Public Affairs to wage PR war against the proposed arena

Jason Puckett ‏@JasonPuckettKJR
    #Mariners paid, in part, for anti-arena poll that appeared last Friday that said the public is against arena, @SportsRadioKJR has learned.

I'm so sick of the @#$% Mariners at this point.

I actually sent them an email telling them how disappointed I am in them, and how they've betrayed the people of Seattle. And at this point wont be attending any more games or buying any more merchandise.

Never heard back....
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:33 am
  • I sent them something along the same lines. And as long as the ownership that doesn't give a damn is there, and the two clowns in Howie and Chuckie continue to run that organization, I won't be spending a dime. On top of that, I would be rooting for every team they play until they change their stance/ownership. They sent me a "Thank you for your input" spiel. Go figure. I just cannot fathom how they thought this was a good idea.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am
  • They're so stupid, this is going to be a PR nightmare for them.

Seahawks took the right approach, "We want the Sonics back!" Then they silently went away and never said another word.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 am
  • Bahahaha, not only did they pay for it, they are owning up to it as if it's some sort of badge of honor. Screw that franchise, they are dead to me.
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am
  • The little respect I had for the M's has just gone out the window.......screw ownership, get someone else to run them!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 am
  • I told them I'd be rooting for any team they play to beat them, and my fandom would not return until an owner who cared actually came in (cares enough to actually attend a game for once in his ownership) and the two clowns (Howie and Chuckie) running the team are gone.
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm
  • I think Picketing Safeco Field and having signs that ask if the Mariners are going to pay for the Arena if the don't want Hansen to.

Or

The Mariners are so bad and afraid of competition that there afraid of a basketball team.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 am
  • sounds like some good news from Mitch Levy's twitter page, between that and Brian Robinsons twitter page for ArenaSolutions thanking people, I can't help but feel good right now.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 am
  • Can you share us the tweets?
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am
  • mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch
    Arena Alert: Just heard that negotiations are ongoing between Chris Hansen and Seattle Council. And - while slow - progress being made.
    mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Consensus is that we are getting close to an agreement on adjustments to the MOU.
    mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

If a deal is struck shortly, a Seattle Council vote would happen when they reconvene in September and then go back to County for vote.
    mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Almost zero RT @Dawgfan1974 what are the chances they "strike a deal" and the city then votes it down?
    mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Before return RT @Reignman206 If not today, do you think a deal is announced over two week break or silent until they return in Sept?
    mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Yes RT @Reignman206: @kjrmitch one last one. Should I assume that if deal okay with city that county vote would be formality?
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 am
  • ArenaSolution.org ‏@ArenaSolution
    Thank you to @DuffMcKagan for being such a champion. Lets stay focused

ArenaSolution.org ‏@ArenaSolution
    Thank you to @jrcelski for sharing our message at a critical time #SonicsArena #Coalition

Thank you @Macklemore @BlueScholars @Grynch206 @Wizdom80 @Jason Finn and others for good times @SonicsArena Rally! #Coalition!

Thank you @MayorMcGinn, @dsfrockt @repJKohlWelles @BruceHarrell CMMikeObrien @CityAttyPeteH for being leaders from the start.

Thank you fans and supporters! Lets keep this momentum up and get it done! @SonicsGate @BringBackSonics @sonicsarena
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 am
  • Woohoo! :0190l: :fam:

Still have to keep our heads cool though until it officially passes.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:36 am
  • Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

I can't wait to just be a fan again.
    Russell Wilson and Chris Hansen. My man crushes.
    Yakima Hawkster
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:37 am
  • Yep, especially important to turn the heat up to an inferno during the recess, where it's likely we'll have an agreement in principle that'll cause the Portly Bunch to throw every last smear they can in what will likely be a last ditch effort to derail this thing.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:09 am
  • Yakima Hawkster wrote:Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

Haha. Same here. I too have been a bit less keyed in on the Hawks due to the arena fight. Getting back more into it now with actual games. But I totally get you.

And yes, Pinksheets is dead on. The closer this thing gets, the more desperate and ridiculous the Port and it's cronies will get. We have to stay diligent. Key calling and emailing the Seattle City Council, and keep fighting the good fight on Twitter. Can't get complacent or let up now.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    Yakima Hawkster wrote:Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

Haha. Same here. I too have been a bit less keyed in on the Hawks due to the arena fight. Getting back more into it now with actual games. But I totally get you.

And yes, Pinksheets is dead on. The closer this thing gets, the more desperate and ridiculous the Port and it's cronies will get. We have to stay diligent. Key calling and emailing the Seattle City Council, and keep fighting the good fight on Twitter. Can't get complacent or let up now.

That you EJ?
    Paul
    Russell Wilson and Chris Hansen. My man crushes.
    Yakima Hawkster
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am
  • Reports are coming out that the Maloofs would like to move the Kings to Virginia, which makes no sense to me because hasn't there been a belief that if they move, they want to move where they still have quick access to Las Vegas?
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am
  • -shrug- I wasn't worried about the Kings anyway, it seems to me with the way Hansen talks and looking at the Bucks situation that they are the team in the crosshairs of Hansen if this happens.

Maloofs still have to get back in the good graces of the NBA for them to approve the move anyway.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm
  • Yeah the last Pro team there did so well, and thats with these dudes playing there.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:52 pm
  • Yakima Hawkster wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Yakima Hawkster wrote:Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

That you EJ?
    Paul

Hey, Paul! What's up!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Yeah the last Pro team there did so well, and thats with these dudes playing there.

that might be the greatest logo of all time. i didnt know they could ball back then.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:09 pm
  • Hearing any noise or whispers on the arena deal..... Seatown or anyone else????
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 am
  • Council Member Bruce Harrell is going to be on with Softy at 10:30
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 am
  • Vote will happen on the 17th at the latest, and things sound very very very very very positive, i'm sure someone will link the podcast later on today when I'm sleeping for work.

Harrell ALMOST guaranteed it passing.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Vote will happen on the 17th at the latest, and things sound very very very very very positive, i'm sure someone will link the podcast later on today when I'm sleeping for work.

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm
  • When it passes can we all dance in the street while the "Space Jam" theme blasts out of some giant speakers?
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Vote will happen on the 17th at the latest, and things sound very very very very very positive, i'm sure someone will link the podcast later on today when I'm sleeping for work.

Get er' done!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:When it passes can we all dance in the street while the "Space Jam" theme blasts out of some giant speakers?

I'm down
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 pm
  • Thanks for the update fellas, sounds positive.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:51 am
  • Special Finance Commitee meeting scheduled for the 13th. Arena plans gotta be outta their hands before a vote can happen.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm
  • :D

we're almost there!!!!!!!!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:http://publicola.com/2012/09/06/ready-to-green-light-the-arena-deal/

We’ll file this under the “gossip” portion of “Caffeinated News & Gossip,” but city council sources tell us they’ve heard there are five votes lining up to green light the arena deal. (The council needs five votes to approve the deal.)

Hell yeah baby! :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm
  • So excited for basketball to come back!

Thanks for all the updates!
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 am
  • Seattle Arena Plan
    ‏@ArenaSeattle
    Reports say that city council has reached deal with Hansen's group. Stay turned for more details, official announcement may come today.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 am
  • :pray: :bitenails: :pray: :bitenails: :pray:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:21 am
  • This is the point where you hope they have all the bases covered, we don't want no Pre mature exhilaration to happen and some group step up and want additional clauses thrown in.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Seattle Arena Plan
    ‏@ArenaSeattle
    Reports say that city council has reached deal with Hansen's group. Stay turned for more details, official announcement may come today.

Just want to point out that this isn't the official Hansen group twitter & instead just a deceiving fan account. It annoys me that whoever runs it doesn't go out of their way to make it more obvious. Pointing this out so people don't get confused like before.

What's happened is that Mitch today said on his show that he's hearing that a deal is basically agreed upon. That they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's. That an announcement could come as soon as today, but more likely sometime next week. Hansen and the City both have said today that nothing has been agreed upon. But all signs are looking good. Mitch has been on point on this thing. So I take it to mean something. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like we're getting real close. We can't let up though. Keep emailing & calling the city council members! It's the final minutes of the 4th qtr. Close out time!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 am
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:Seattle Arena Plan
    ‏@ArenaSeattle

Just want to point out that this isn't the official Hansen group twitter & instead just a deceiving fan account. It annoys me that whoever runs it doesn't go out of their way to make it more obvious. Pointing this out so people don't get confused like before.

What's happened is that Mitch today said on his show that he's hearing that a deal is basically agreed upon. That they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's. That an announcement could come as soon as today, but more likely sometime next week. Hansen and the City both have said today that nothing has been agreed upon. But all signs are looking good. Mitch has been on point on this thing. So I take it to mean something. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like we're getting real close. We can't let up though. Keep emailing & calling the city council members! It's the final minutes of the 4th qtr. Close out time!

Get er done!!!! :179422:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information