Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Next step will be Hansen negotiating with the SCC to work towards their requests. Hopefully they meet somewhere in the middle, get a vote, and it passes. From there it'd go back to KCC for approval of the new MOU that features the KCC and SCC amendments. I'd be surprised if any of today's yes votes flip when it comes back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
Any additional amendments will only sweeten the deal for any revote by the County.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2633
Location: Arlington, Washington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4u8OBtqFl4

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
Is it safe to start getting excited?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
-The Glove- wrote:
Is it safe to start getting excited?

Quarter-way, not full boner.

It was already expected to pass through the KCC, as the county doesn't have a lot of skin in the game. We've still got the biggest challenge ahead, and that's dealing with the SCC. Heard it described on KJR as not the time to jump up and scream, but a silent fist bump is reasonable.

Long ways to go, though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
pinksheets wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
Is it safe to start getting excited?

Quarter-way, not full boner.

It was already expected to pass through the KCC, as the county doesn't have a lot of skin in the game. We've still got the biggest challenge ahead, and that's dealing with the SCC. Heard it described on KJR as not the time to jump up and scream, but a silent fist bump is reasonable.

Long ways to go, though.

Alright, okay...still keeping my hopes up


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Definitely a day to be happy. Go ahead and crack open a cold beer, let's just keep the champagne on ice for a bit longer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
City Council has a dilemma, they took money from Bennett to pay down the maintenence costs thinking that someone would fix it up and all would be good, they never believed Hansen existed, they now have a Arena made for 1964 that is out of date old and in the center of the city that can't be easliy renovated to something else. They felt it would be able to host concerts and other events to keep revenue coming in. They bombed there as well, Casinos, Kent, and Evertt as well as the Tacoma Dome take possible engagements away from them.

The shortfalls of the Key have been preached and re preached since the Ackerly days yet the council is to short sighted and stubbourn to understand or admit them. Now they want a bail out from Hansen, I'm betting a long term bail out, not just the time it would take to build the new arena. They also want additional highway revenue to be paid into a the city coffers from the new Arenas income. Again someone to pay for the short sightedness of the Council in area development. Hansen already said he would work to improve the area around the Sodo area, I'm betting the city wants him to pay for improvements around the Key. They also want the Key to be a viable venue for other events, another bill to be paid by Hansen that had they not the long term vision to see coming.

I'm hoping that Hansen has a back up plan or an Ace up his sleeve. This amendment in full would be millions in additional contributions by the ownership proposal group.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 3589
Location: Bellingham, WA
I'm not arguing with you, Chris, but that's just stupid. By the council. Key Arena isn't really a good venue for anything - not a good NBA arena, a poor concert venue, not profitable even without the new arena, etc. Once the new arena is built, why keep it around? Find another use for that land or find a way for Key Arena to support itself. Hansen is going to pump money in to make the Key better in the short term, it'll have every chance to succeed (or, more likely, fail). Fund the Storm? It's small change so I don't see why not, but what a petty move.

I've heard of stronger language to protect the city vs overruns, protect the city's loan, make the team truly stuck in Seattle, etc. That stuff is reasonable, it wouldn't be right for professional negotiators to take the first offer on a huge investment. But some of these demands I'm hearing sound like they're trying to provoke Hansen into taking the deal off the table or at least going to Bellevue.

_________________
Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
Well I didn't add that the city wants to see all the finacials of all the investment group members as well as the business plan and what they plan to use the profits for as well how much they expect them to be etc.

I thought Hansen already provided all the information finacially that was required, I think the city wants to be considered a participating partner as one of the group. Not as a entity securing bonds that they will get paid back on plus the property and upgrades at the end of the lease.

No wonder Ackerley, Schultz and then Bennett threw there hands in the air and either sold or moved out.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=714 ... um=twitter

Debate between Salk, O'Brien, Steinbreuck, and Albro will be streaming here. Right now it looks like things are moving late and you can spy on people eating dinner.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:13 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 am
Posts: 917
Location: Toronto Canada
damn i can't get the feed to work im in canada helllllppppp

_________________
God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10541
Location: Pasco, WA
BlueThunder wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4u8OBtqFl4


Thats great!

Goosebumps.........

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
Smurf wrote:
So what does this mean now?!


Means we've won one battle, now the city council is the 2nd battle, the third and probably easiest battle is acquiring a team. Then we're on our way! But a lot can change between these battles so we'll have to wait and see.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
If yesterday's letter from the city council scared the crap out of you (and I don't blame you), read Mike Salk's article. Really level-headed analysis.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/714895/Counc ... supporters

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
SeaTown81 wrote:
If yesterday's letter from the city council scared the crap out of you (and I don't blame you), read Mike Salk's article. Really level-headed analysis.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/714895/Counc ... supporters


I still don't get it, IMO this is horrible. This has the Ports finger prints all over it.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
Hansen is on with Brock and Salk RIGHT NOW!

But if you miss it, he'll be on with Softy afterwards

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:53 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Chris said today exactly what I expected of him. He is going to be reasonable in negotiations. But not going to be taken advantage of or bullied.

We need to contact the city council members and let them know that we are watching closely! That we support them negotiating for the best deal, but to not push it too far. Fair is fair. It’s fair that the SCC tries to negotiate the best deal they can get, and for their members to spin it as a political win for them. But it’s also fair that they are reasonable in negotiations and do this the right way.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/thank-you

Quote:
After the County vote I hopped on the ferry back home, grabbed a Corona, stretched my legs out, sat on the deck with the sun on my face, and took a quiet, peaceful moment to reflect on the day. This was a very big step, and I just hope all of our supporters appreciate that. There is a long way to go, and I am in no way trying to imply that this is a done deal yet... just that the struggle for things you hold dear is what life is really about. All the letters you wrote and the heartfelt testimony you provided was heard. And it mattered. You should all take a deep breath, smile and appreciate the significance of this day.

— Chris Hansen

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
SeaTown how was the atmosphere of the debate? The awful audio quality didn't give much but a few jeers towards Steinbreuck. I wasn't impressed with the "moderators" personally, felt they pretty much only asked the opposition to react to supposed problems with the project and asked the pro-arena representatives to react to supposed problems with the project. There was also something very humorous about declaring this an "adult discussion" while also taking timeouts to hold Ichiro bobblehead trivia contests.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Last night was a ton of fun. I sat with the guys from SonicsGate. If you watched the debate online, you likely heard us yelling a time or two. The atmosphere was cool. It was mostly pro-arena. Max Vekich and his wife were sitting up front and being loud and obnoxious. But other than them and a couple other Port people, it was mostly supportive. Cheers for Mike Salk ripping Tom Albro and Peter Steinbrueck. At times raucous jeers for Steinbrueck.

Mike Salk was on FIRE. Love that dude. He absolutely killed Albro and Steinbrueck on separate occasions. Steinbrueck was exactly what he is, a sniveling weasel playing his baseless fear-mongering game. Going off about how the deal was made in secret (which did nothing but set up Salk to call him out for his relationship with the Port and hidden discussions that took place prior. Albro was the politician he is, looking out for his company’s interests. Said a bunch of whatever. And Mike O’Brien really was great. Super cool, very smart. Played the role of peacemaker as opposed to Salk’s rabid bulldog. All in all, a good conversation, IMO. It once again hammered home the fact that the Port does nothing but repeat it's rhetoric and try to scare everyone. Salk and O'Brien were CLEARLY the two smartest guys on that panel, and it showed.

They took written questions from the audience. Was disappointed they only asked a couple. But got mine chosen. Brought up the fact that the Port gets about $75 million a year in public subsidy from property taxes, so why can’t the Port team with the city and Hansen on the needed infrastructure improvements. He went on to give a very political answer about how the Port already does that and looks out for the environment, blah blah. Mainly, I just wanted it reiterated that the Port gets public money, and them crying with their hand out constantly is disingenuous.

As for the moderators. I was split. I don't know their names. But I thought the guy did a fairly decent job being even-handed. The girl, Erica, I think, she was exactly what you said, Pink. Set up the Port to make their tired old claims, and put the hard questions on the pro guys. She said something ridiculous at one point about will people with strollers want to walk a mile to the arena. In actuality her stupid questions only set up Salk and O'Brien that much better. Like I said before, they were both on point. Felt really good about how they came off as opposed to Steinbrueck and Albro.

They’ll be posting the audio later. I suggest listening if you didn’t watch last night. It was a hoot.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10541
Location: Pasco, WA
SeaTown81 wrote:
Last night was a ton of fun. I sat with the guys from SonicsGate. If you watched the debate online, you likely heard us yelling a time or two. The atmosphere was cool. It was mostly pro-arena. Max Vekich and his wife were sitting up front and being loud and obnoxious. But other than them and a couple other Port people, it was mostly supportive. Cheers for Mike Salk ripping Tom Albro and Peter Steinbrueck. At times raucous jeers for Steinbrueck.

Mike Salk was on FIRE. Love that dude. He absolutely killed Albro and Steinbrueck on separate occasions. Steinbrueck was exactly what he is, a sniveling weasel playing his baseless fear-mongering game. Going off about how the deal was made in secret (which did nothing but set up Salk to call him out for his relationship with the Port and hidden discussions that took place prior. Albro was the politician he is, looking out for his company’s interests. Said a bunch of whatever. And Mike O’Brien really was great. Super cool, very smart. Played the role of peacemaker as opposed to Salk’s rabid bulldog. All in all, a good conversation, IMO. It once again hammered home the fact that the Port does nothing but repeat it's rhetoric and try to scare everyone. Salk and O'Brien were CLEARLY the two smartest guys on that panel, and it showed.

They took written questions from the audience. Was disappointed they only asked a couple. But got mine chosen. Brought up the fact that the Port gets about $75 million a year in public subsidy from property taxes, so why can’t the Port team with the city and Hansen on the needed infrastructure improvements. He went on to give a very political answer about how the Port already does that and looks out for the environment, blah blah. Mainly, I just wanted it reiterated that the Port gets public money, and them crying with their hand out constantly is disingenuous.

As for the moderators. I was split. I don't know their names. But I thought the guy did a fairly decent job being even-handed. The girl, Erica, I think, she was exactly what you said, Pink. Set up the Port to make their tired old claims, and put the hard questions on the pro guys. She said something ridiculous at one point about will people with strollers want to walk a mile to the arena. In actuality her stupid questions only set up Salk and O'Brien that much better. Like I said before, they were both on point. Felt really good about how they came off as opposed to Steinbrueck and Albro.

They’ll be posting the audio later. I suggest listening if you didn’t watch last night. It was a hoot.


Thanks for the insight Seatown, you have really helped me through this process by breaking down all the happenings, it is greatly appreciated!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
No problem. My pleasure.

One thing I wanted to add to my comments above regarding the Publicola debate. Mike Salk said it on the radio today and I totally agree with him. Mike O’Brien was really impressive. He’s clearly a smart guy and understands all the complicated aspects of the deal, while also is able to explain them to people who don’t or are trying to sensationalize the facts. While Salk played the role of rabid bulldog, O’Brien was the peacemaker explaining the merit’s of the deal, along with the fact the city council is trying to make it a win-win. He was very cool and collected.

Which leads me to my point. When I first saw O’Brien’s name on the letter yesterday, I was bothered. He has been supportive up to this point. So why jump in on the big mean letter? O’Brien spoke with Sally Clark and Tim Burgess at the press conference yesterday regarding the letter. That to me was key in believing Clark and Burgess when they say they are trying to work towards a yes. O’Brien clearly is supportive on this. I just think he understands the reality of the situation. He’s doing everything he can to make sure his fellow council members do not follow Richard Conlin off to the dark side. By participating in the letter and working along side Burgess and Clark, he’s doing a lot to help the negotiations run smoothly and hopefully fairly, IMO. That’s the vibe I’m getting after hearing O’Brien speak at the debate last night. Sure hope I’m right. Because if Sally Clark and Tim Burgess are telling us the truth that they want to make this happen and are willing to be fair, I see absolutely no way this can’t and won’t pass.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
If passed, how long do you guys think it would take to construct the arena, ready for play?

Would it be using the Safeco garage for parking, or would another parking facility for the arena need to be built? Not sure how much real estate is involved is why I'm asking...

Hope this gets done!!! :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:18 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 373
Location: Tacoma, WA
SeaTown you are definitely an extremely needed breath of fresh air and great source during all this

Thank you


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:41 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
If passed, how long do you guys think it would take to construct the arena, ready for play?

Would it be using the Safeco garage for parking, or would another parking facility for the arena need to be built? Not sure how much real estate is involved is why I'm asking...

Hope this gets done!!! :th2thumbs:


It will take a couple years to build. Conventional wisdom is they'd have to play at Key Arena for a couple seasons. Not sure about how parking is going to work. Hansen's land is going to involve more than just an arena. Details not exactly known yet.

Image

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
Awesome recap Seatown! Thanks for keeping us informed! :)

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 4163
Location: Pacific Ocean
Awesome stuff. Love that we have so many vested Sonic fans on this board.

_________________
"Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
Good news to go with the onslaught of stupidity from the anti-arena clownshoes. I get so irritated watching anything on this because it's such a great plan, well thought out, well proposed, and still the chuckleheads do everything they can to oppose it. They're like a bad movie villain, whose only role is to thwart and defeat the good guys by whatever means necessary, even if it means their very lives. Pathetic.

Also who's the muttonchopped dude in Sonics gear I keep seeing at all the meetings and on the news. The one that looks a little like Werewolf in London. He's hardcore Sonics, that's for sure! Anyone here?

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Good news to go with the onslaught of stupidity from the anti-arena clownshoes. I get so irritated watching anything on this because it's such a great plan, well thought out, well proposed, and still the chuckleheads do everything they can to oppose it. They're like a bad movie villain, whose only role is to thwart and defeat the good guys by whatever means necessary, even if it means their very lives. Pathetic.

Also who's the muttonchopped dude in Sonics gear I keep seeing at all the meetings and on the news. The one that looks a little like Werewolf in London. He's hardcore Sonics, that's for sure! Anyone here?

You talking about Sonics Guy? He's from Tacoma, but he's always at Sonics events in his fan gear. I ran the Sound to Narrows and he was there with a couple other Sonics fans waving his big Sonics flags and spreading the word.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
Yep, that's the guy.

Image

I was secretly hoping it was Seatown81.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
It's actually peaches...

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:01 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
His name is Kris Brannon. He's a passionate dude.

There's a lot of others I've seen who have attended all of these rallies and meetings. It's really an incredible community effort and awesome seeing the fans come together. The rally at Pioneer Square was the most community pride I've felt since the Hawks went to the Super Bowl. Going to make all of this that much more special when it's all said and done.

Not to count our chickens, though. Lots of work left to do. Now is the time to hound each and every Seattle City Council member! Let them know you're watching their every move closely.

City Council Group Message
council@seattle.gov

Sally J. Clark, Council President
sally.clark@seattle.gov
@sallyjclark
206-684-8802

Sally Bagshaw
sally.bagshaw@seattle.gov
@sallybagshaw
206-684-8801

Tim Burgess
tim.burgess@seattle.gov
@CouncilmanTim
206-684-8806

Richard Conlin
richard.conlin@seattle.gov
@cmconlin
206-684-8805

Jean Godden
jean.godden@seattle.gov
@SeattleScribe
206-684-8807

Bruce A. Harrell
bruce.harrell@seattle.gov
@bruceharrell
206-684-8804

Nick Licata
nick.licata@seattle.gov
@nicklicata
206-684-8803

Mike O'Brien
mike.obrien@seattle.gov
@CMMikeOBrien
206-684-8800

Tom Rasmussen
tom.rasmussen@seattle.gov
@CityhallTom
206-684-8808

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
SeaTown81 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
If passed, how long do you guys think it would take to construct the arena, ready for play?

Would it be using the Safeco garage for parking, or would another parking facility for the arena need to be built? Not sure how much real estate is involved is why I'm asking...

Hope this gets done!!! :th2thumbs:


It will take a couple years to build. Conventional wisdom is they'd have to play at Key Arena for a couple seasons. Not sure about how parking is going to work. Hansen's land is going to involve more than just an arena. Details not exactly known yet.

Image


THank you sir. I like that aerial shot; first time I ever noticed the skew of Safeco and it's roof, too :)

I'd suppose a parking garage would probably go with it, since the other two facilities have their own garages.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
What the hell does "Z" on a compass mean?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10244
Location: Helm's Deep
Throwdown wrote:
It's actually peaches...


Damn. Thanks for blowing my cover, throw....

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10541
Location: Pasco, WA
AbsolutNET wrote:
What the hell does "Z" on a compass mean?


Its actually an N, the compass is just positioned sideways.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
AbsolutNET wrote:
What the hell does "Z" on a compass mean?


That's awesome!

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Still lots of work left to do with this thing. But I thought I'd share a message from Brian Robinson of Arena Solution:

Quote:
Feedback from staffers and others continues to indicate good faith negotiations and intention to work out reasonable compromise on this deal by members of city council. #proudofpolitics


Part of this is the honest vibe going around, part also Brian keeping pressure on the city council to continue to negotiate in good faith. But it's definitely good news. Lot's better than hearing scuttlebutt that things are heading the other direction. Here's to the momentum continuing!

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Can you guys hurry up and get this done already? I'm tired of seeing a new post in the sports forum, hoping to find something actually about sports to read and then just seeing another update on this thread (or even worse the "summer transfers soccer thread")!!

(For the record, as a portlander I do really really hope that Seattle gets a team back, i'm just tired of hearing about it and want it over already... as i'm sure you guys do too!)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:40 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
J, I couldn't agree more. You don't have an idea how sick I am of emailing/calling politicians and attending political hearings. I was hanging out with the guys who made SonicsGate the other night. We were talking about how it's been so long, that we nearly can't remember not having to do this stuff. All agreed that we can't wait to get together to attend games instead of all this crap. Ever since Clay Bennett bought the team, supporting the Sonics has been an entirely different ordeal. From Save Our Sonics to all this nonsense. It's worth it though. I'd have been doing the same if I was old enough back when the M's and Hawks both nearly moved. And sorry for the inconvenience. But you know that if this thread didn't exist, those silly soccer ones would just continue to dominate. What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

PS - Is it, "Win Fast, The Hard, Day Finish" or "Fast Win, Hard The, Finish Day"?

PPS - The first thing I think of when I read "Fast, Hard, Finish" isn't football. Especially when we're talking about college. ;)

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SeaTown81 wrote:
What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

PS - Is it, "Win Fast, The Hard, Day Finish" or "Fast Win, Hard The, Finish Day"?

PPS - The first thing I think of when I read "Fast, Hard, Finish" isn't football. Especially when we're talking about college. ;)


Yes. More Duck threads would make the masses happy! Really though, I do admire the work and passion you have for bringing an arena and the NBA back to town. I'm just sick of the politics of sports and wish there was more actual sports to talk about. One more month til football starts...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:09 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
SeaTown81 wrote:
What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

PS - Is it, "Win Fast, The Hard, Day Finish" or "Fast Win, Hard The, Finish Day"?

PPS - The first thing I think of when I read "Fast, Hard, Finish" isn't football. Especially when we're talking about college. ;)


Yes. More Duck threads would make the masses happy! Really though, I do admire the work and passion you have for bringing an arena and the NBA back to town. I'm just sick of the politics of sports and wish there was more actual sports to talk about. One more month til football starts...


Hey, it beats the endlessly circular threads that go on over at the main board. Jeez. Unless it's a players transaction or news breaking, I can't read anything over there. Yes, I can't wait to the season starts and there's actually things to comment about besides what people's preconceived opinions of players are.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
JUST IN: Investor Chris Hansen closes a deal on more land for his #SeattleArena project. Deal worth $5.58m, total land acquired now $40m+ -- Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5)

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10541
Location: Pasco, WA
SeaTown81 wrote:
JUST IN: Investor Chris Hansen closes a deal on more land for his #SeattleArena project. Deal worth $5.58m, total land acquired now $40m+ -- Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5)


Coolio!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1588
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
Jesus, I'm nervous!

They've screwed up once before in 2008, redeem yourselves SCC!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Mitch said on his show today that good progress is being made between Hansen ans the city. That Hansen is in town, and if all goes well, that an agreement could possibly come within a week!

This is crunch time, guys. EVERYONE who wants this needs to email and call all of the city council this week. Multiple times, if you can. It's the 4th qtr! Time to step up and close this out!

That includes you too, J. You can help end this thread!

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
I just sent a new round of emails!

C'mon people, email, call, Facebook 'em, twitter! Keep the pressure on!

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA/NHL/ARENA in Seattle thread...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
I want this thread to go on forever just to piss off JSeahawks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AbsolutNET and 5 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.