Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:46 pm
  • With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25421
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:13 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.


    Yeah it will be great once they start Kraken the Whip !!!
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27772
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.


    Yeah it will be great once they start Kraken the Whip !!!

    Heard that name was already out of the running.
    Got a feeling it’s going to be Totems, Sockeye, or Metropolitans.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25421
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.


    Yeah it will be great once they start Kraken the Whip !!!

    Heard that name was already out of the running.
    Got a feeling it’s going to be Totems, Sockeye, or Metropolitans.


    They revealed salmon pink as a team color, I think. I expect it's Sockeye.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5467
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:33 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.


    Yeah it will be great once they start Kraken the Whip !!!

    Heard that name was already out of the running.
    Got a feeling it’s going to be Totems, Sockeye, or Metropolitans.


    They revealed salmon pink as a team color, I think. I expect it's Sockeye.

    Not sure they have. It’s the color of their website along with a light teal color.
    They’ve also used red and black for the Seatttle NHL logo. I think they like to keep us guessing.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25421
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:50 am
  • I'm no hockey expert, but from listening to NHL guys being interviewed on the radio they had nothing but good things to say about Francis.

    They said he was one of the most respected players when he played, that he played hockey the right way.......and he was one of the first GM's to really use metrics in hockey, which helped the Hurricanes become a competitive club, even though they were a small market low revenue/budget club.

    So you know with the Bonderman ownership group being a Paul Allen type ownership group giving Francis all the resources and budget he needs? Should be a really good marriage.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15330
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:42 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I'm no hockey expert, but from listening to NHL guys being interviewed on the radio they had nothing but good things to say about Francis.

    They said he was one of the most respected players when he played, that he played hockey the right way.......and he was one of the first GM's to really use metrics in hockey, which helped the Hurricanes become a competitive club, even though they were a small market low revenue/budget club.

    So you know with the Bonderman ownership group being a Paul Allen type ownership group giving Francis all the resources and budget he needs? Should be a really good marriage.


    Exactly.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25421
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 pm
  • This is my favorite hockey forum site. This is the Seattle page. There is thread about possible GMs whos title has been recently changed to reflect the official hiring. Interesting reading the older posts. Reaction to the hiring has been very positive, especially Carolina fans who had him as GM for 4 years.

    Shy

    https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/seattle.275/
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm
    Location: Caprica City, Caprica


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm
  • ShyCheetah wrote:This is my favorite hockey forum site. This is the Seattle page. There is thread about possible GMs whos title has been recently changed to reflect the official hiring. Interesting reading the older posts. Reaction to the hiring has been very positive, especially Carolina fans who had him as GM for 4 years.

    Shy

    https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/seattle.275/

    Already there. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25421
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:55 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    ShyCheetah wrote:This is my favorite hockey forum site. This is the Seattle page. There is thread about possible GMs whos title has been recently changed to reflect the official hiring. Interesting reading the older posts. Reaction to the hiring has been very positive, especially Carolina fans who had him as GM for 4 years.

    Shy

    https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/seattle.275/

    Already there. :2thumbs:



    Bro, you joined this site the day before i did! I love hockeys future.

    Shy
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm
    Location: Caprica City, Caprica




It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: CPHawk, Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests