Drew Magary

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Drew Magary
Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 am

Re: Drew Magary
Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm
  • As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm
  • Threedee wrote:As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.

I imagine it would be easy to. Read his stuff. The Romo Peter King stuff was epic.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Sat May 18, 2019 7:50 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:
    Threedee wrote:As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.

I imagine it would be easy to. Read his stuff. The Romo Peter King stuff was epic.

Funny thing is, right after I posted that, I clicked on the link and read his account. Pretty effed-up thing to have to experience. Don't know if his condition means he has to lay off alcohol, otherwise, I reccommend the brain hemorrhage shot to him whenever he's feeling festive again.

Granted, Deadspin is basically all about being cynical, edgy, and downright douchy. It would be refreshing to read some of Magary in a non-WYTS environment.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2019 6:03 pm
  • Threedee wrote:
    acer1240 wrote:
    Threedee wrote:As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.

Funny thing is, right after I posted that, I clicked on the link and read his account. Pretty effed-up thing to have to experience. Don't know if his condition means he has to lay off alcohol, otherwise, I reccommend the brain hemorrhage shot to him whenever he's feeling festive again.

Granted, Deadspin is basically all about being cynical, edgy, and downright douchy. It would be refreshing to read some of Magary in a non-WYTS environment.

He also writes for GQ.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed May 22, 2019 7:39 am
  • Drew is a terrific writer. He's funny with a sharp wit. Plays off himself and is very self aware. He's also incredibly smart and fearless about what he writes about.

Deadspin is my go-to website for everything pop culture and sports. It also has links to other sites who take on a wide variety of other topics. It's far from "douchey" (that would be Barstool sports) in that its very aware of how invasive and ridiculous sports are and so never takes it or itself seriously.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Drew is a terrific writer. He's funny with a sharp wit. Plays off himself and is very self aware. He's also incredibly smart and fearless about what he writes about.

Deadspin is my go-to website for everything pop culture and sports. It also has links to other sites who take on a wide variety of other topics. It's far from "douchey" (that would be Barstool sports) in that its very aware of how invasive and ridiculous sports are and so never takes it or itself seriously.

Same!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:53 pm
  • Magery is my spirit animal, dude's a bad ass writer.

Also check out his books, most are quite a departure from his usual sports-centric style of writing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=drew+ma ... e&ie=UTF-8

Thankfully Drew's recovering nicely and is back to writing. We've already lost Bordain, we can't lose Magery as well. We won't!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pm
  • I feel sorry for him, but I despise that entire family of blogs. The only thing I enjoy from there is WYTS. I do hope he gets better, that sounds utterly miserable.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I feel sorry for him, but I despise that entire family of blogs. The only thing I enjoy from there is WYTS. I do hope he gets better, that sounds utterly miserable.

Drew writes a Jambaroo every Thursday during the season as well as funbags every Tuesday. I'd encourage you to check them out.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 am
  • Peter King (now at NBC) and the crew he created at MMBQ are the teacher's pets.

Barstool are the meathead bullies.

Bill Simmons and The Ringer staff are the AP kids.

Deadspin are the smart alecks throwing spitballs from the back of the room.

Drew hangs with the smart alecks and resents the pets, bullies, and the AP kids (while also being smarter than all of them).
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Peter King (now at NBC) and the crew he created at MMBQ are the teacher's pets.

Barstool are the meathead bullies.

Bill Simmons and The Ringer staff are the AP kids.

Deadspin are the smart alecks throwing spitballs from the back of the room.

Drew hangs with the smart alecks and resents the pets, bullies, and the AP kids (while also being smarter than all of them).

More than anything they show how up their own asses the rest of sports media is. Greg Easterbrook Haughty $h!t of the Week!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information