NBA Playoffs Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
NBA Playoffs Thread
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:10 pm
  • NBA playoffs start this weekend. East is wide open. Warriors will likely come out of the West but this is probably the weakest they have been in a few years. If you don't like the NBA, no need to respond, feel like that happens a lot on here.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:57 pm
  • I hope a bunch of Seattleites get into the Rose Garden and create a distinctly anti-Thunder atmosphere.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm
  • I hope Rodney Hood plasters himself all over Paul George.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:NBA playoffs start this weekend. East is wide open. Warriors will likely come out of the West but this is probably the weakest they have been in a few years. If you don't like the NBA, no need to respond, feel like that happens a lot on here.

It's not like there isn't a good reason for that..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 pm
  • Kanter Blocks a shot! Thats defense! Gets O rebound downtown and scores! Blazer shoot 60 percent in the first!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:27 pm
  • Dame was absolutely launching 3's. Fun game, much better than the celtics/pacers. That series will be a snooze, Pacers are garbage without Oladipo. Can see Pacers stealing 1 game cause Celts looked so uninterested first half.

Giannis is also unreal. Love watching that Bucks team play.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Dame was absolutely launching 3's. Fun game, much better than the celtics/pacers. That series will be a snooze, Pacers are garbage without Oladipo. Can see Pacers stealing 1 game cause Celts looked so uninterested first half.

Giannis is also unreal. Love watching that Bucks team play.

Is Danny Ainge still calling the shots? I dont even know who the Celtics are! hahahah
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 am
  • Blah blah blah blah three-pointer blah blah blah Drymon suspended blah blah blah Warriors win.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:58 pm
  • Or Lebron, Shaq, Jordon.........

Portland's team is not mercenary. It is a as fun as the nba gets.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 am
  • What a comeback by the Clippers last night. I turned the game off and then turned it back on with about 5 minutes left. The Clippers are a very scrappy team. Still would be surprised if they won another game, but that was a great finish.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 pm
  • People actually still watch the nba?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:People actually still watch the nba?

Of course they do. I saw some fans at the games.

Everyone is different. NBA is probably the second most popular sport after NFL. All the biggest stars are in the NBA, even more than NFL. While the product isn't what it used to be, it is still very entertaining to watch.

I understand people in Seattle are upset at the NBA, but I don't get the people that boycott the NBA but will watch Mariners, one of the worst sports franchises. You can also make a case for the Sounders, MLS isn't even a top 5 soccer league.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:What a comeback by the Clippers last night. I turned the game off and then turned it back on with about 5 minutes left. The Clippers are a very scrappy team. Still would be surprised if they won another game, but that was a great finish.

It was incredible to watch. The Clipper just play well together. They send Tobis Harris away it looked like they were giving up on the season and the guys they got just clicked.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:04 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:People actually still watch the nba?

Everyone is different. NBA is probably the second most popular sport after NFL. All the biggest stars are in the NBA, even more than NFL. While the product isn't what it used to be, it is still very entertaining to watch.

I understand people in Seattle are upset at the NBA, but I don't get the people that boycott the NBA but will watch Mariners, one of the worst sports franchises. You can also make a case for the Sounders, MLS isn't even a top 5 soccer league.

How the hell does boycotting the NBA have anything to do with watching the Mariners or the Sounders?

I watch the Mariners because I am a fan of the Mariners.

I watch the Sounders because I am a fan of the Sounders.

I watch the Seahawks because I am a fan of the Seahawks.

I don't watch the NBA because the team that I was a life long fan of no longer exists. Since I have no rooting interest I don't care what happens or who wins which makes watching boring and pointless.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:People actually still watch the nba?

How the hell does boycotting the NBA have anything to do with watching the Mariners or the Sounders?

I watch the Mariners because I am a fan of the Mariners.

I watch the Sounders because I am a fan of the Sounders.

I watch the Seahawks because I am a fan of the Seahawks.

I don't watch the NBA because the team that I was a life long fan of no longer exists. Since I have no rooting interest I don't care what happens or who wins which makes watching boring and pointless.

My point was that everyone has their own reasons for watching or not watching a sport or league. I totally agree with what you said. I watch the Mariners because I'm a fan of the team. But I also watch the NBA because I'm a fan of the game of basketball.

There are different reasons for watching a particular sport or team. But I know there are a lot of people who don't watch the NBA because of what happened in Seattle, and that's totally fine. I just gave other reasoning for not watching other sports and leagues.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm
  • I just watched Lilliard guard Westbrook into a slapp happy frenzie. I hate Westbrook. Tie game at the half. A chippy affair. That is black velcro on Paul George to rub players raw. Ive never seen a shoulder brace that is not a brace. Ridiculous cheater.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm
  • Impressive win by Portland last night. I think they are simply the better team. I think a lot of people expected OKC to win just because of Westbrook and George, but their supporting cast is really weak. Blazers have much better role players than OKC. I used to think Westbrook was a great player, but the more I watch him the more I think he is a stats guy. So far Lillard has owned him, his deep pull up three was great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Impressive win by Portland last night. I think they are simply the better team. I think a lot of people expected OKC to win just because of Westbrook and George, but their supporting cast is really weak. Blazers have much better role players than OKC. I used to think Westbrook was a great player, but the more I watch him the more I think he is a stats guy. So far Lillard has owned him, his deep pull up three was great.

Everybody is buying into playing defense. The Blazers are doing a great job there. When Lilliard totally stopped Westbrooke he nearly fell over with the ball. I didnt expect this.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 am
  • Expect OKC to take one at home but Blazers are clearly a better and deeper team. Westbrook and George will get theirs no matter what, Blazers doing a great job not letting anyone else step up.

Surprising game with Pacers/Celtics, talk about a meltdown in the 4th. Kyrie proving he's one of the best in the league, Celtics team has waaay too much talent to look as average as they have been, they're lucky Olapido is hurt.

Pistons made game 2 a little more interesting but the Bucks are quite the team.

Don't really have a team I'm rooting for overall, just enjoy watching competitive basketball. College game pulled way ahead for me but the NBA product is getting better. Emergence of these young guys across the league plus some actual defense being played is helping.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:51 pm
  • I wouldn't be surprised if OKC won the next two games at home. Kind of feels like a series where the home team could win each game.

Kyrie was pretty amazing last night, put the team on his back. Nate McMillanis an awesome coach, but they just don't have the talent to compete with Boston.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:NBA playoffs start this weekend. East is wide open. Warriors will likely come out of the West but this is probably the weakest they have been in a few years. If you don't like the NBA, no need to respond, feel like that happens a lot on here.

I don't give a crap about the NBA, but I'll be back here in a few days to shit on the Thunder when they've been eliminated yet again. Because you-know-what the Thunder.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if OKC won the next two games at home. Kind of feels like a series where the home team could win each game.

Kyrie was pretty amazing last night, put the team on his back. Nate McMillanis an awesome coach, but they just don't have the talent to compete with Boston.

Im only watching one series. between Seahawk news, the Ms and Blazers..........The 5th Gen Camaro forum. Jeez. I need a life.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:21 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Expect OKC to take one at home but Blazers are clearly a better and deeper team. Westbrook and George will get theirs no matter what, Blazers doing a great job not letting anyone else step up.

Surprising game with Pacers/Celtics, talk about a meltdown in the 4th. Kyrie proving he's one of the best in the league, Celtics team has waaay too much talent to look as average as they have been, they're lucky Olapido is hurt.

Pistons made game 2 a little more interesting but the Bucks are quite the team.

Don't really have a team I'm rooting for overall, just enjoy watching competitive basketball. College game pulled way ahead for me but the NBA product is getting better. Emergence of these young guys across the league plus some actual defense being played is helping.

OKC hasn't played particularly well so far, but if they start making shots, it could be a different series. Westbrook has looked like a disaster though. Portland is daring him to shoot 3s and he can't hit anything.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:46 pm
  • The Blazers and Lilliard are a second half team. I look for us to win game 4. getting the early fouls on George was huge.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 pm
  • Heck, yeah. Thunder are down 3-1 against the Blazers!
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 pm
  • Wow! Best game of the playoffs. OKC chokes a big lead and Lillard hits the deep three at the buzzer.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 pm
  • What an epic long range three by Lillard
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:35 am
  • mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 am
  • From 37 feet. That sure is a Toxic OK City team. Its like Donovan mirrors the personality of their players. They should not have upset Lilliard and he wouldnt have been so determined!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 am
  • Atradees wrote:From 37 feet. That sure is a Toxic OK City team. Its like Donovan mirrors the personality of their players. They should not have upset Lilliard and he wouldnt have been so determined!

Lillard was on another level last night. The Blazers are going to play in the Western Conference finals.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 am
  • That would be sweet. Denver or San Antonio next up.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am
  • One of my favorite days of the year, when the Blunder get eliminated! :0190l: :0190l:

Zombie sonics curse lives!

With Kevin Calabro calling it.....

twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm
  • Chokelahoma Shitty Blunder eliminated as usual. Good times. :179417:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:25 pm
  • Nurkic came on the court to root on the team. He put his crutches down. On march 26th he had a double leg bone fracture poke thru the skin.. He is already walking. Kanter separated his shoulder and played out the string. Portland has to keep both of these guys.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat May 04, 2019 6:48 am
  • What a game last night!!! Go Blazers!!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sat May 04, 2019 12:06 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:What a game last night!!! Go Blazers!!

That did Rock! Rodney Hood and Kanter have added to this team big time. We refused to lose.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm
  • One of the Griffin brothers was sitting courtside, but I couldn't figure out which one.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun May 05, 2019 7:32 am

• This was a fun synopsis
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun May 05, 2019 7:43 pm
  • Did it feel like the Blazers were playing against the refs for the entire third quarter tonight?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2019 6:05 am
  • Threedee wrote:Did it feel like the Blazers were playing against the refs for the entire third quarter tonight?

Pretty much...Denver was tough down the stretch..Its now a three game series. The refs wont be any better with the next round and the Mercenary team of the ages.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2019 10:13 am
  • I thought Blazers won the 4 OT game because Stotts went to his bench and Malone didn't. Harkless getting hurt made Stotts put Hood in, which really helped them win that game. Neither coach went to the bench in the OT's, basically playing guys for close to 30 minutes straight. Obviously keep your stars like CJ and Dame in, but thought he should have rotated Aminu, Harkless and Kanter throughout the OT. On the other side, Malone should have rested Jokic in the OT's, he could barely give them productive minutes.

As for last nights game, Blazers didn't get a lot of calls but I think they were fair. The refs are letting them play. Denver has the physical guards to keep Dame in check. Portland has to work a lot harder for easy looks than Denver. Portland really has no answer for Jokic, whereas the Nuggets can throw a number of guys at Dame. I think the winner of last nights game wins the series, so I don't see Portland moving on. The big issue with Portland is that when they run that three guard lineup with Curry, all those guys are so small they can't really defend. Whereas the Nuggets have big physical guards that can play both ways.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2019 6:06 pm
  • Nicely done, Blazers.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2019 7:08 pm
  • Toronto Raptors advance to the Eastrrn finals. First time in 18 years.

Go Raptors!
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

Mon May 13, 2019 6:30 am
  • Raptors 76ers ending was insane. One hell of a series!
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Raptors 76ers ending was insane. One hell of a series!

Don't you guys know, basketball is boring now. Don't tell the players, they should be the last to know ;)
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Raptors 76ers ending was insane. One hell of a series!

Don't you guys know, basketball is boring now. Don't tell the players, they should be the last to know ;)

Man, the double bounce and ball freezing on the rim for a full second is literally a Hollywood movie :lol: Should be another great series.

Big shoutout to Embiid too. Played one hell of a game and shouldered the blame for the loss even though he didn't need to. Lot different than watching Kyrie talk about it not being a big deal for the Celtics or taking accountability for the worst 4 game stretch of his career.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm
  • Somewhere, Paul Allen is smiling today.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm
  • Unfortunately, Portlandia doesn't seem to want it enough. That blown lead and the general inability to clean up the errant passes/dribbles/etc that lead to silly turnovers.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 18, 2019 1:38 pm
  • Giannis is the best basketball player I've seen since Michael Jordan. He can play the 4 like Kevin Garnett and attack the rim like LeBron. The Warriors are the more talented team, but it would not shock me if the Bucks beat them in 6. Giannis is just that impactful all over the court.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information