Lebron and his intensity set for playoffs

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • He says it's set now to make a playoff push..
    Why just now?That's the difference between him and MJ right there.
    You never heard.."I'm going to turn it up now"The great ones bring
    it every night!

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2604 ... aturephone
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4622
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • I love Lebron.

    Off the court he is twice the superstar MJ is/was. Man is amazing in what he gives.

    On the court... MJ just has that undefinable "edge"

    1a and 1b for me.

    Lebrons legacy though will be far more than basketball
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15511
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:I love Lebron.

    Off the court he is twice the superstar MJ is/was. Man is amazing in what he gives.

    On the court... MJ just has that undefinable "edge"

    1a and 1b for me.

    Lebrons legacy though will be far more than basketball

    It does seem like Lebron does more offcourt
    like starting a school ect..I'll give him that.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4622
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • Lebron is one of the single most overrated athletes of our time. The dude should be 1 and 9 in the finals and people are comparing him to MJ... he's not even on Kareem's level yet. I'm not even sure if he's the best player of his era.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2008
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


  • knownone wrote:Lebron is one of the single most overrated athletes of our time. The dude should be 1 and 9 in the finals and people are comparing him to MJ... he's not even on Kareem's level yet. I'm not even sure if he's the best player of his era.

    Lebron has gotten to the finals,you can give him that but
    MJ is unbeaten and three peated twice.Had he not retired he
    wins 8-9 in a row..
    Scottie Pippen says it best "Lebron doesn't have the clutch gene".
    That means taking it over and wanting the ball in highest pressure
    situations..MJ turned it on when it was needed..
    Lebron's waiting till the season almost over?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4622
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • We are still comparing LeBron to MJ? They are two entirely different players, who played different games in two completely different eras.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4132
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:We are still comparing LeBron to MJ? They are two entirely different players, who played different games in two completely different eras.

    True,true and true..
    It's the media and younger ones who don't get it
    or do not want to..
    The only thing I'm comparing is what Lebron said
    about turning it up..How it relates to winning..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4622
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:We are still comparing LeBron to MJ? They are two entirely different players, who played different games in two completely different eras.

    True,true and true..
    It's the media and younger ones who don't get it
    or do not want to..
    The only thing I'm comparing is what Lebron said
    about turning it up..How it relates to winning..


    Eventhough he may not have said it i'm willing to bet that MJ took his game to another level come playoff time.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3397
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


  • getnasty wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:We are still comparing LeBron to MJ? They are two entirely different players, who played different games in two completely different eras.

    True,true and true..
    It's the media and younger ones who don't get it
    or do not want to..
    The only thing I'm comparing is what Lebron said
    about turning it up..How it relates to winning..


    Eventhough he may not have said it i'm willing to bet that MJ took his game to another level come playoff time.

    I'm guessing you never got to see MJ play?
    He took it to another level whenever it was needed..
    You got the best he had every night..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4622
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:I love Lebron.

    Off the court he is twice the superstar MJ is/was. Man is amazing in what he gives.

    On the court... MJ just has that undefinable "edge"

    1a and 1b for me.

    Lebrons legacy though will be far more than basketball



    LeBron the GM will tarnish his basketball legacy. I do agree with you that he will be a superstar long after he stops playing.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2449
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 am


  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I love Lebron.

    Off the court he is twice the superstar MJ is/was. Man is amazing in what he gives.

    On the court... MJ just has that undefinable "edge"

    1a and 1b for me.

    Lebrons legacy though will be far more than basketball



    LeBron the GM will tarnish his basketball legacy. I do agree with you that he will be a superstar long after he stops playing.


    It is interesting that he seems to be challenging the NBA owners and asking his fellow players to be more invested in the decision making processes about free agency. See what hes doing AD and Ben Simmons.

    What that looks like on the court for him we may never know. But what it means for the future is intriguing
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15511
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:We are still comparing LeBron to MJ? They are two entirely different players, who played different games in two completely different eras.

    True,true and true..
    It's the media and younger ones who don't get it
    or do not want to..
    The only thing I'm comparing is what Lebron said
    about turning it up..How it relates to winning..


    Eventhough he may not have said it i'm willing to bet that MJ took his game to another level come playoff time.

    I'm guessing you never got to see MJ play?
    He took it to another level whenever it was needed..
    You got the best he had every night..


    Yeah and people will look back and say that Lebron gave his best every night. I've seen MJ play and thinks he's the greatest of all time but i still think teams turned it up a notch back then.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3397
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


  • Of course MJ found another level in bigger games. Id imagine most athletes do, simply as a way of managing themselves over an entire season.

    MJ hitting up the Knicks for 55 at MSG wasnt an accident. It was MSG.

    The Warriors arent showing up every night with something to prove. When they do though... you see the difference
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15511
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • I don’t think history will be kind to LeBron unless he finds a way to win in LA. He played nearly a decade where he and his teammates were the only all-nba players in the eastern conference. Think about that for a second, 20 of the 25 best players in the league played in the west, and of those players only LeBron, Dwade, and Kyrie were top 15 players.

    Here’s where it gets worse, LeBron said he was going to finish his career in Cleveland, then he holds them over the fire signing one year contracts completely hampering their ability to build a team around him. Cleveland had a deal lined up to land Paul George but LeBron’s inability to commit long term made them back out of the trade. He then uses the teams lack of a competitiveness as an excuse to leave town to “further his media ventures”.

    Now he’s desperately trying to land another superstar because he’s in a tougher conference where he alone can not carry a team to a top 5 finish. So he’s using his agent to tamper, breaking NBA rules trying to force teams to trade their star players to LA to play with him, and it’s back fired spectacularly.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2008
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am




It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: CPHawk and 9 guests