A team name for the Seattle NHL team

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:23 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:my first choice is still Metropolitans


    Those are boring names that have no color and don't represent anything about their host cities or region.


    Lots of the native tribes in seattle area wore red and painted in red, and green is already a good color to represent the area. If anything don't root for blue or lime green because the M's, Seahawks, and Sounders already use those colors.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:56 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:my first choice is still Metropolitans


    Those are boring names that have no color and don't represent anything about their host cities or region.


    Lots of the native tribes in seattle area wore red and painted in red, and green is already a good color to represent the area. If anything don't root for blue or lime green because the M's, Seahawks, and Sounders already use those colors.


    I don't literally mean color. I mean the name sounds like a business, not a sports team.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 am
  • Well maulbert, you guys are probably closer to the real name then the rest of us.

    Seattle skipper's

    Seattle Sailor's

    Seattle Cyclone's

    Seattle Sawyer's
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:14 pm
  • Chawker wrote:Well maulbert, you guys are probably closer to the real name then the rest of us.

    Seattle skipper's

    Seattle Sailor's

    Seattle Cyclone's

    Seattle Sawyer's


    Seattle Sailors? I could support that name.

    Image
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22674
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 pm
  • One thing this is Seattle and has a majority of Women on the council and a female Mayor, this is what you would get.
    Image
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27795
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 am
  • Ughhh!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/home

    I hope this is wrong.

    First part of 2020?????

    IMHO they are botching the name/colors/logo/jersey thing by dragging this out.

    They could already be starting to get cash flow into the organization by selling team gear/merch, now.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25437
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 am
  • Is there supposed to be a link to an actual story here? Mobile twitter doesn't help.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 6110
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Is there supposed to be a link to an actual story here? Mobile twitter doesn't help.

    It works when I click on the link.
    I didn’t know how to embed it.


    NHLtoSeattle
    @NHLtoSeattle
    Here is the latest on the timeline for naming the team from the
    @cotsonika
    article: "It's my understanding we'll hopefully get a name out the first part of 2020, and hopefully with that will be some colors as well"
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25437
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:02 am


  • Just click on the tweet button, then put the link you want in between the two with no spaces. So it would look like this with no space in there.

    [tweet] https://twitter.com/NHLtoSeattle/status ... 3193661440 [/tweet]
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 6110
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:03 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

    Just click on the tweet button, then put the link you want in between the two with no spaces. So it would look like this with no space in there.

    [tweet] https://twitter.com/NHLtoSeattle/status ... 3193661440 [/tweet]

    Cool, thank you sir. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25437
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 am
  • The Seattle Swashbucklers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:One thing this is Seattle and has a majority of Women on the council and a female Mayor, this is what you would get.
    Image


    The Seattle Stewardesses?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3151
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:00 pm
  • "Seattle Ice Wizards"

    "Seattle Ice Kings"

    "Seattle Bone Blades"

    I was reading up on some Norse god of skating. Ullr and he tied a evergreen branch to his skates.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 am
  • Chawker wrote:"Seattle Ice Wizards"

    "Seattle Ice Kings"

    "Seattle Bone Blades"

    I was reading up on some Norse god of skating. Ullr and he tied a evergreen branch to his skates.


    Sounds like an idea for a team mascot.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2064
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: A team name for the Seattle NHL team
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:28 pm
  • Scariest of them all and a local.

    Seattle Ice Queens

    Image
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27795
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Previous


It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests