UW Husky Men's Basketball Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: UW Husky Men's Basketball Thread
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:Horrible offense is what I saw..
    It's all long shots and if you miss keep shooting..
    Skills and fundamentals of the game are lacking.
    No wonder the NBA is a 3pt parade :pukeface:
    I give that one guy on UW knows how to play D.
    I'm done with any men's basketball.
    I saw so much better till the last 8 yrs or so on
    all levels.
    I'll just watch women since they can play the
    way the game is meant to be played.

Have fun with that.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I agree they were easy, but credit to UNC for attacking us there. If you go back and watch our upset against Kansas, we gave up that FT line area all game. I remember Fran Fraschilla continually saying that Legerald Vick could score 40 points in that area because Hop was willing to give that up.

We just don’t have a rim protector, zone will look a bit different with Stewart there next season.

That was thing. Seemed like the looks werent FT line area, but 6 footers. Huskies rarely stepped out to the pass and let the UNC big men turn and get a clean look.

UNC is a solid team, but Washington played poorly, especially in the first 10 of the 2nd half.

Will be interesting to see if the Pac-12 gets better next season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:08 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I agree they were easy, but credit to UNC for attacking us there. If you go back and watch our upset against Kansas, we gave up that FT line area all game. I remember Fran Fraschilla continually saying that Legerald Vick could score 40 points in that area because Hop was willing to give that up.

We just don’t have a rim protector, zone will look a bit different with Stewart there next season.

That was thing. Seemed like the looks werent FT line area, but 6 footers. Huskies rarely stepped out to the pass and let the UNC big men turn and get a clean look.

UNC is a solid team, but Washington played poorly, especially in the first 10 of the 2nd half.

Will be interesting to see if the Pac-12 gets better next season.

Agreed. I thought UW played really well in the first half. Difference was UNC made some three and UW didn’t. Second half the wheels cameoff with guys pressing to get back in the game. Pac-12 should be better because I can’t imagine getting any weaker. Word is Nowell is gone but McDaniels will join.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:38 pm
  • Think I saw a UW player yawning on the bench after he came out of the game. Yikes. UNC clearly the faster team and they spread out their offense much better than UW did. I thought UW should have switched to man to man pretty early in the game. UNC created the space they needed to...after that its all execution (knocking down shots) and they did that. UW missed 6 straight FT's at one point. UW is who we thought they were....good defense but inconsistent offense. I'm not a Ducks fan by any stretch of the imagination but I hope they make a deep run to represent the Pac12.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:11 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:Think I saw a UW player yawning on the bench after he came out of the game. Yikes. UNC clearly the faster team and they spread out their offense much better than UW did. I thought UW should have switched to man to man pretty early in the game. UNC created the space they needed to...after that its all execution (knocking down shots) and they did that. UW missed 6 straight FT's at one point. UW is who we thought they were....good defense but inconsistent offense. I'm not a Ducks fan by any stretch of the imagination but I hope they make a deep run to represent the Pac12.

I will just tell you now, as long as Hop is here, we won’t play man. We played zero man defense all season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:25 pm
  • Rebounding was the Achilles' heel for the Huskies all season. UNC destroyed the Huskies on the glass and got 3 or 4 chances when they missed shots. The Huskies on the other hand were one and done with their shots.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information