Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

chris98251

Reaction score
Ahhh are we concerned the other team in Duck Dynasty is going to be challenged now also.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3aq7gfcf said:
Ahhh are we concerned the other team in Duck Dynasty is going to be challenged now also.

Oregon's basketball team sucks this year.

At least so far. Altman's teams usually get a lot better as the year progresses.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Huskies played Kansas?........tonight?.............who knew?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":3u4vrwkq said:
The Huskies played Kansas?........tonight?.............who knew?

Was a pretty big story on ESPN

Husky basketball now 7-2. Are they legit? Anyone following them

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hopkins has the team playing together and unselfishly. They look like they have enough talent to actually be legit and dare I say make the tourney...

Jaylen Nowell is a really gifted player, and Noah Dickerson deciding to stay was huge. Their starting 5-6 guys are going to be solid all year however what might hurt this team is the lack of depth.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a game yesterday, that was one of the best game plans I've seen in college basketball in a while. Hopkins basically said we are not giving up three's and dunks. They basically allowed Kansas to throw the ball to the guy in the middle of the zone and shoot those little mid range jumpers. That win came out of nowhere, I was expecting a blowout loss for us.

I follow them pretty closely. There is no doubt they look better than last years team. They are a well coached group with a mix of younger and older players. The 2-3 zone looks better than any defense Lorenzo ran the past few years. Nowell looks like the real deal, he is the type of player this program needs assuming he doesn't bolt for the NBA. I don't think his game translates all that great to the NBA, so he should be here for at least another year or two at the least.

Great start to the Mike Hopkins era.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Everyone knows no way Romar wins that game. So glad that bum is gone

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Another really great win for the Huskies men's basketball team. They opened conference play on the road against a really talented USC team. USC was a preseason top 25 team but haven't played up to their ability, I think by the end of the season USC will be in the top 25.

The Kansas win and the win yesterday might be the two best wins for this team in the last 5 years.

Romar will awlays be one of my all time favorites, but they don't even compare when it comes to coaching. Hopkins is going to be a great coach, and it looks like it is coming sooner than most thought.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2e6dyskk said:
Another really great win for the Huskies men's basketball team. They opened conference play on the road against a really talented USC team. USC was a preseason top 25 team but haven't played up to their ability, I think by the end of the season USC will be in the top 25.

The Kansas win and the win yesterday might be the two best wins for this team in the last 5 years.

Romar will awlays be one of my all time favorites, but they don't even compare when it comes to coaching. Hopkins is going to be a great coach, and it looks like it is coming sooner than most thought.

They are playing team ball. It’s nice to see. Having Cameron Dollar back on the coaching staff has helped tremendously. He was on Romar’s staff during his good years too. You can tell the guys are getting better each game. Some of those guys weren’t playing well last year... difference in Thybulle is an example of this. David Crisp is better too. Hopkins is a good coach but culture change that he brought is just awesome and is paying dividends.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":70f0g85f said:

Really good win against a very talented USC. They (USC) had also been dealing with a ton of injuries recently (contributing to their falling in ranking) and were just about back up to full strength vs the Huskies which makes the win that much better. They got destroyed against Gonzaga and then got written off by some but really this UW team is a solid team. As I said before the only big flaw is depth, and specifically big man depth. If this team can stay healthy I fully believe they will make the dance. I expect Dickerson and Timmins to keep growing and getting better at playing without fouling out. If they can find 1 more big man inside to help with rebounds that would help a ton but I don't see anyone on the team currently that will be able to step up into that role as a solid 3rd so they'll have to make due.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Huskies played really well in the first half against UCLA and then the exact opposite in the second half. Either way they should be happy about a split. Take care of business against a weak Cougars team this weekend in Pullman and then they return home for a couple very winnable games against Cal and Stanford. I think a 4-1 start in conference play is very realistic. Other than the two Arizona schools, no one in the Pac-12 looks that great. It's definitely a down season for the Pac-12, and the more I look at it I think UW can finish at least in the middle of the conference. I really like what I've seen form this team and Mike Hopkins, I may actually try to go to some games this season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A really nice win in Pullman for the Huskies.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
So what's the chances of making the tournament? How many more wins? I take it they would need to win a game or 2 in the pac 12 tournament too?

No matter what its an impressive year for a team in transition and rebuilding. Wait till the recruiting classes start coming in.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3a3k7t6s said:
So what's the chances of making the tournament? How many more wins? I take it they would need to win a game or 2 in the pac 12 tournament too?

No matter what its an impressive year for a team in transition and rebuilding. Wait till the recruiting classes start coming in.

It's way too early to predict anything. It would be like trying to predict if the Seahawks will make the playoffs after week 4. But if they keep up this pace, they will definitely have a chance of making the tournament. I think they need to probably finish somewhere in the top 5 of the conference to make it, which is very possible. They already have two really strong road wins against Kansas and USC on their resume. Most importantly, they've avoided bad losses, the only being the blowout at MSG to Virginia Tech.

Dawgs are 9 point favorites tonight against Cal. I'm hoping they can sweep the series this weekend to get some momentum going. For whatever reason, the city rarely gets behind Husky Basketball, so I am hoping a great start will get people to support the team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Quietly in third place in the Pac-12, after being picked nearly last in most preseason polls. Looks like Seattle has another great coach in Mike Hopkins. Nice little sweep in the hoops Apple Cup this season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2dbo0qy7 said:
Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.
What a great win tonight! I love how together Hopkins has this team playing. Thybulle has to be defensive player of the year at this point.