Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Mayweather vs McGregor August 26

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Mayweather vs McGregor August 26
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:TKO in the 10th ?

I just saw an alert.

Did anybody here watch the fight?

How was it?

Report please :{)

I didnt watch, just following along online. Sounds like Floyd basically sat back to get a read on him for the first 3 rounds. Then completely picked him apart after that until an exhausted Conor basically couldnt go on. ACcording to most it seems at was at least more entertaining then Floyd vs Paquio... which isnt saying much.

I watched and this is pretty much what happen, at no point was Floyd even close to being in trouble.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:39 pm
  • Connor did very well but may weather pretty much threw few punches till the fourth. For all I know the whole thing could have been scripted or Mayweather very much outclassed him. Floyd was classy about it said it was part of the plan to wait for connor to be gassed. Connor was tkoed. They stopped the fight. Connor wished he was allowed to fight more.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:TKO in the 10th ?

I just saw an alert.

Did anybody here watch the fight?

How was it?

Report please :{)

Admittedly my boxing knowledge is limited to the first four Rocky movies and video games, but if Mike Tyson's Punch-Out has taught me anything, a TKO comes from knocking a down three times in one round. That sounds exciting.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 am
  • He was completely exhausted and wasn't throwing any punches or defending himself. Even in MMA that's cause for a TKO call. He would have went down in a matter of moments and there was still quite a bit of time left in the round. There's no way he was making it out of the 10th, and he was losing on points anyway.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4 ... 99f1ce36b5
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 am
  • There were some things that would have helped Connor.

He didnt have a defensive clinch. So when he got rocked-his inexperience showed. Connor is a champ and he wanted to keep fighting. He was never knocked down. Mc Gregors counter punching was very good to great. It wasnt sour grapes........he is a gamer. Maybe if he didn't start boxing with one of the best ever boxers.....He can clear 100million on this fight. Good for McGregor.

This fight went 10 rounds. Connor didnt get creamed like many boxing fans hoped. he made a good show of it. The entire fight card was guys fighting and less of the defensive albatross that has turned the boxing fans to the MMA.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:13 am
  • I thought it was a pretty good fight. Of all the Mayweather fights I've seen, this was one of the more entertaining ones. Definitely better than the Pacman fight that is for sure.

I was impressed with McGreor, but Floyd simply had the better plan. Sit back until the middle rounds and then go at Conor when he gets tired.

As a boxing fan I'm glad this fight is over with, so many better matches to look forward to. GGG-Canelo in a few weeks should be great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 pm
  • Well at least it led up to hype. Heard that it paid Pay Per View up to $1B a historic record.
    December to Remember!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:37 pm
  • Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:42 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

Mayweather may have "rope a doped" him a bit ala Ali v Foreman. But McGregor showed well for himself. At the end of the day the best boxer pound for pound ever pounced and won.

Good stoppage. Connor couldn't defend himself anymore.

Over all pretty entertaining. Worth my buddies 100 bucks. lol
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:20 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

We'll never know but my guess is that if Floyd had wanted to end it in the 1st or 2nd round he could have.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

We'll never know but my guess is that if Floyd had wanted to end it in the 1st or 2nd round he could have.

I don't think thats the case. That would of been a really poor strategy for Floyd. In order to ko him early he would of had to come out aggressive and potentially opening him up to counter punch. Floyd is not an aggressive fighter. Connor has the power and counter ability.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:48 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

I don't think thats the case. That would of been a really poor strategy for Floyd. In order to ko him early he would of had to come out aggressive and potentially opening him up to counter punch. Floyd is not an aggressive fighter. Connor has the power and counter ability.

The one good uppercut McGregor got in was off a counter. I think Floyd did it exactly right - don't open yourself up to luck and let McGregors inexperience take over and tire him out.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information