US Open at Oakmont

Tical21

Reaction score
Just crazy so far with being so far off-schedule, and it really has damaged the viewing experience. Does anybody expect Lowry or Landry to shoot under 75 tomorrow? Who ya got?

What do you think of the course? I love difficult US Opens, but the greens are slightly too fast. At some point, putting isn't putting anymore. Also too many folks got penalized for awesome shots. Impossible isn't fair. Hooefully 17 is gettable tomorrow, could really make things fun.

Not crazy about anyone in the top few, so I guess I'll take Day to shoot 65 and win.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Dustin Johnson breaks thru tomorrow to get his first major.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Course is supposed to affect all of your game. So far I see it affecting most of the game. Still some parts of the game are more important than others and Lowry is working them pretty well. DJ may have a chance tho. Personal guess...Go Ireland.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This will get no publicity with game 7 of te finals.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":8lipkhqm said:

They have promoted Game 7 of something else during this program's broadcast. They also promoted STAR TREK during this program. I think I appreciate one of them..... :mrgreen:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Interesting: http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/1634 ... ke-penalty

How bad would that be if he lost because of this. Rory Mcllroy, Speith and some other golfers have already expressed their displeasure on twitter regarding the USGA and the possibly that DJ may get penalized.

I'm pulling for DJ, he is more than due.

Just saw the replay of it, I don't even see the ball moving, let alone DJ causing the ball to move.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3qnonn3q said:
Interesting: http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/1634 ... ke-penalty

How bad would that be if he lost because of this. Rory Mcllroy, Speith and some other golfers have already expressed their displeasure on twitter regarding the USGA and the possibly that DJ may get penalized.

I'm pulling for DJ, he is more than due.

Just saw the replay of it, I don't even see the ball moving, let alone DJ causing the ball to move.

Upon further close up of by camera, the ball moves backward towards the putter. But I dont think the putter or anything else DJ did had an effect on it. I think it is gonna be a no call. USGA....a joke. :sarcasm_on: Wonder if the refs want someone else to win. :sarcasm_off:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Looked like a great finish to that tournament. In the open, it is preferred that the course be set up for the end scores be around par or a few under. Looks like they got what they wanted in toughness on the course. Congrats to Johnson for the win.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Poor Dustin Johnson. He finally wins a major and gets almost no recognition because of the NBA game 7. Congrats to DJ.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":318fgcjm said:

I had Sportscenter and Mike and Mike on for almost an hour this morning getting ready for work, and it was all NBA talk.

I'm happy for Johnson, he deserved it after the last couple of big collapses...........plus when he wins we get to see Paulina.

Ee8ee77a2cc573c94e6cd0f8026f3735

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ieaet7d1 said:
Hawk-Lock":ieaet7d1 said:

I had Sportscenter and Mike and Mike on for almost an hour this morning getting ready for work, and it was all NBA talk.

I'm happy for Johnson, he deserved it after the last couple of big collapses...........plus when he wins we get to see Paulina.

Ee8ee77a2cc573c94e6cd0f8026f3735
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hawker

Reaction score
Paulina's dress almost outshined DJ's win. And I have no problem with that. Have always rooted for him, but he is kind of a dick to fans (or has been), maybe this win will change his attitude in that regard.

I picked Day in my one-n-done league, his opening round +6 was his undoing. So was his double-bogey/bogey finish on Sunday to drop him from sole 2nd place to T8 (bummer).

Really impressed with Furyk. Finally a good story about a guy coming back from injury & playing well. Might pick him this week @ Colonial.

USGA sucks. What they did to Chamber's last year ultimately cost that course a 2nd go-round as host in 2024. That nod went to Oakmont (again, bummer).

Fox had better coverage this year, fortunately. Shot-tracer on every hole was awesome. But aside from Curtis Strange, the announcers were awful, just... awful.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawker":255n65rr said:
Paulina's dress almost outshined DJ's win. And I have no problem with that. Have always rooted for him, but he is kind of a dick to fans (or has been), maybe this win will change his attitude in that regard.

I picked Day in my one-n-done league, his opening round +6 was his undoing. So was his double-bogey/bogey finish on Sunday to drop him from sole 2nd place to T8 (bummer).

Really impressed with Furyk. Finally a good story about a guy coming back from injury & playing well. Might pick him this week @ Colonial.

USGA sucks. What they did to Chamber's last year ultimately cost that course a 2nd go-round as host in 2024. That nod went to Oakmont (again, bummer).

Fox had better coverage this year, fortunately. Shot-tracer on every hole was awesome. But aside from Curtis Strange, the announcers were awful, just... awful.

Joe Buck calling golf is about as painful as it gets................and there has been numerous interviews with John Ladenburg, former Pierce County exec who spearheaded the US Open coming to Chambers. He said what's going on has nothing to do with the USGA liking Chambers after last year. They LOVE the course and region.

What's going on is all the political BS like counties and cities arguing over who get's the revenue, King and Thurston don't want to help pay for police and security, traffic, etc even though they share in the bump in tourism revenue. Crap like that, that has to be settled before the USGA commits to coming again.