NBA

Gio

Reaction score
Whats your predictions for NBA 2015/2016 ??
I believe Finals will be Cavs vs Spurs or Thunders and i believe Cavs will be winners

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the Spurs are just too loaded this year.

Spurs over Cavs.

The Warriors will definitely be in the mix too though.

Atradees

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vif3r1l said:
Blazers and some sacrificial lamb from the eastern conference.

:13:

Blazers had a 21 point lead on Sacramento. There is hope in that for the rebuild.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nategreat":1bd1mx51 said:
Go Sonics.

Agreed..

But, there appears to be some life in the Wolves this season. May pay some attention to that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cavs will come out of the East. There is no real competition for them in that conference. The Bulls are probably the second best team in that conference, but I'm not sure they finish in the top 5 or 6 if they were in the West.

The West is absolutely stacked. The Thunder may have their best roster since they had Harden. The Spurs, Clippers and Warriors are all improved as well. I really have no idea who comes out the West, but it will be one of those 4 teams.

Blazers should compete for a top 3 pick this year.

TravTex

Reaction score
Thunder are likely to do the usual and wear out Durant and Westbrook. Think they just ran 'em like 47 and 53 minutes in an early season OT game, to get an idea of New Coach Plans for them.

I'm in San Antonio so I have to play homer, but the Spurs really ARE stacked to an unfair degree this year. Kawhi's adding 20ppg to his continued ridiculous defense. LMA hasn't fully figured out what to do with himself in the system, yet. Tony Parker is still crap, but it hasn't mattered much yet.

So yeah, Spurs vs Whoever, Spurs #6.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
TravTex":y06xzfe1 said:
Thunder are likely to do the usual and wear out Durant and Westbrook. Think they just ran 'em like 47 and 53 minutes in an early season OT game, to get an idea of New Coach Plans for them.

I'm in San Antonio so I have to play homer, but the Spurs really ARE stacked to an unfair degree this year. Kawhi's adding 20ppg to his continued ridiculous defense. LMA hasn't fully figured out what to do with himself in the system, yet. Tony Parker is still crap, but it hasn't mattered much yet.

Surprised to hear you say that about Parker. Is he not well liked down there? I've always thought of him as underrated.

TravTex

Reaction score
JSeahawks":vchk86gu said:
TravTex":vchk86gu said:

Surprised to hear you say that about Parker. Is he not well liked down there? I've always thought of him as underrated.

I'm being a bit glib about TP. (Spurstalk probably refers to him more often as Enrique Porker ... )

More seriously, I'd agree that he's spent most of his career underrated but I don't think he's great value at this point. He's been outstanding at times, though has had a pretty sharp drop off. Lots of injury time last season, and was downright terrible in the playoffs (Something like 11pts/3.5assists in the postseason). His defense is rough. Although he looks to have embraced a lesser role so far this season, which helps, last year he'd fallen into a dribble dribble dribble brick pattern that would drive me almost as crazy as Manu's 'Flail about and fling the ball out of bounds' moments.

We're only 4 games in, but he's still sitting at around 10ppg with 2.8 assists. That's just not wonderful production from your 12.5 million dollar starting PG. Patty Mills is pretty close to his line per 36m, for a quarter the cost. BUT, it's working for now, so ... :th2thumbs:

Not like Pop's going to trade the dude. Hell, we're still clinging to Matt Bonner. :lol:

Edit to Add: Just looked at NBA Point Guards by PER. Tony's #43. Gaaaaaah... Mills #28

TravTex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gkubbnqi said:
nategreat":gkubbnqi said:
Go Sonics.

Agreed..

But, there appears to be some life in the Wolves this season. May pay some attention to that.

Wolves have some ridiculous potential. If Rubio's finally learned how to score, NICE. Towns is a beast. Wiggins, LaVine, just young talent everywhere.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
TravTex":1oclh3fj said:
Uncle Si":1oclh3fj said:
nategreat":1oclh3fj said:
Go Sonics.

Agreed..

Wolves have some ridiculous potential. If Rubio's finally learned how to score, NICE. Towns is a beast. Wiggins, LaVine, just young talent everywhere.

I'm a Lakers fan so I watched the first game against the Wolves and like you said, they definitely have some talent. Being a Lakers fan these past few years hasn't been fun and it appears this season is picking up right where the last one left off, but at least Julius Randle made it more than one game this year.

And Steph Curry is the most fun player for me to watch in the NBA. He has absolutely tore it up the first week of the season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/provenself/status/661417386445172736[/tweet]