Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Seahaaaawks wrote:Hey Ramirez your pitching great... now take a seat! 79 pitches 3 hits and Servais yanks him. Kids in the LLWS are throwing 85 pitches... professional athletes getting pulled after 5 innings 79 pitches is just stupid.

I could be wrong but I think it's his first start in awhile which is probably the reason for the low pitch count. Either way I have no problem with Servis pulling him it's not like Ramirez is Clayton Kershaw, he's bound to blow up at any minute.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Haniger with a CLUTCH whack to the left field corner. Good god, Dee Gordon has some wheels on him. Scored all the way from first!
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• M's get the sweep!

Edwin Diaz is freaking amazing.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:Hey Ramirez your pitching great... now take a seat! 79 pitches 3 hits and Servais yanks him. Kids in the LLWS are throwing 85 pitches... professional athletes getting pulled after 5 innings 79 pitches is just stupid.

I actually thought Servais managed well today. You usually don't want a guys pitch count to be up in his first start from having time off. For starters at least. Sale just came off the DL and had a limited pitch count. I have no issue with Ramirez being on on around a 80 pitch limit. Pitching all around was solid the entire series.

Also looks like Servais' move to place Haniger in the lead off spot is paying off big time.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• That was really important to finish off the sweep. If you win the series 3 games to 1 then you only pick up 2 games on the Astros. By sweeping them you pick up 4 games so it is a big difference. Glad to see them pull that out.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• Huge series sweep. Idc to hear injury excuse for Houston. Ms have had it in prior yrs. No mercy.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Guys would complain if you were hung with a new rope.

Ramirez was in his first start in the bigs since April. IIRC they said he only threw 80 or so in his last minors start. He had a bases loaded jam in the bottom of the 5th. Sure, he pitched out of it, but did anybody really want to send him out there in the 6th? I didn't.

In a lot of ways we got lucky. Yeah, they were missing some big bats from their lineup, and yeah we got some bounces, but the M's stepped up and took 4 from the 'Stros in their house. They easily could have folded when the 'Stros took the lead in the 8th, but they didn't. They came back and tied it up and won it in 10.

Hell, coming into the series I figured we'd be lucky to win 1 game. We swept. Part of the M's problem is the mental game, that "same old Mariners" feeling when the ball bounces wrong or the other guys get a clutch hit. They didn't let that happen this weekend. This series had a playoff atmosphere. Loving it! :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I’ve never been a fan of H-ram, but that guy pitched his ass off today. Diaz was cash money, Haniger, Healy, and Gordon coming up Big!
    Great sweep, but it doesn’t mean diddly if you don’t smoke the A’s for a couple of games.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:I’ve never been a fan of H-ram, but that guy pitched his ass off today. Diaz was cash money, Haniger, Healy, and Gordon coming up Big!
    Great sweep, but it doesn’t mean diddly if you don’t smoke the A’s for a couple of games.

Yeah, hoping they can keep the momentum going. It's a great opportunity to make up some ground on the A's.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• This team makes no sense :lol:
    Even though the Stros are missing some very good players, a sweep on the road is impressive.
    Their inconsistency is maddening though.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:This team makes no sense :lol:
    Even though the Stros are missing some very good players, a sweep on the road is impressive.
    Their inconsistency is maddening though.

Ever since they rejiggered the batting order, they've been winning games. August is a great time for them to be getting hot.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• A lot of missing players from Houston, but the M's got their business done. This A's series is MASSIVE
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Some Edwin Diaz stats for you all to munch on...

Saves - 46 of 49 attempts
    ERA - 1.98
    Strikeouts - 100 (better than two per inning average!)
    Hits against - 31
    Home runs - 3

That, folks, is as elite a closer as one can realistically hope for.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Game and a half back of Oakland, with 3 to play this series. Could take over our spot in the standings this week.

:2thumbs:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:Game and a half back of Oakland, with 3 to play this series. Could take over our spot in the standings this week.

Indeed!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• sutz wrote:Game and a half back of Oakland, with 3 to play this series. Could take over our spot in the standings this week.

Could take over, but could also fall out if we get swept. I'm hoping to take two from them, but we can't afford to get swept. I'm fine falling 2.5 back of them, we can't afford to fall 4.5 back. I like how our rotation sets up for this series with Marco, Pax and Leake. Lets be the ones to cool of Oakland and gain some momentum for Cano's return tomorrow.

We need Marco to bounce back, he's been off his last two starts. I wonder if the innings are starting to catch up to him. Hopefully we can have a big lead because Diaz won't be pitching tonight. Got a feeling with how taxed the bullpen has been that we may see Felix today.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Marco has been nibbling. He's throwing to avoid contact. Gave up 4 so far. :34853_doh:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I don't care that they just swept Houston, good things never last with this team. How in the world can Servais and Dipoto justify keeping Casey Lawrence around this long? I just keep thinking how Servais was hardcore preaching "this is a results driven league" and so on around the time Festa was called up. Obviously results don't matter to Scott because he keeps proven losers on this squad. I'm sick of his bull hockey, man. Guys like Lawrence, Nicasio (on the DL, I know), Romine, just to name a few, may be experienced, but that doesn't make them good. Open your eyes, Scott!
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Insult to injury. They just ran Pagan out there. :34853_doh:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:Insult to injury. They just ran Pagan out there. :34853_doh:

I'm still bummed they gave Pagan away. He was really becoming dominant for the pen last year. Healy is nice, but it sure would be nice to have Pagan this year. Really wish they could've put together a different package to get Healy.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Top 9, down 1. 2 out. 2 on. Cruz at the plate.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• ....and Cruz whiffs.

:(

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:Top 9, down 1. 2 out. 2 on. Cruz at the plate.

IMHO Seattle ties the game if Cruz doesn’t swing at the low breaking ball on the 2nd pitch.
    Changed and KILLED the AB.

Almost cameback!

Pax tomorrow.....

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'll agree bringing in Lawrence was dumb. Probably cost us the game now that we scored some late runs. I thought they would bring in Felix. Cano is back tomorrow so hopefully that means no more Andrew Romine
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• I really thought we were going to win the game there at the end. Never should have brought Casey Lawrence in. Whenever a game gets out of hand, Casey Lawrence basically comes in for scrub duty. Unfortunately today that cost us, because we were able to put up runs late.

I still don't see how we make the playoffs. We aren't catching the Yanks, and I don't see us passing Houston or Oakland. Oakland is just too hot and have made major upgrades the past month (Fiers, Shawn Kelly, Fernando Rodney, Familia) and even though we swept Houston, they are the defending WS champs and we are the team with the longest playoff drought in MLB. The Yanks are reeling but they have a decent lead on us and will get healthy soon. If I had to guess, we miss the playoffs by a few games and we try this all over again next season. It sucks because if we were in the NL we would be playing for home field. I do have some reason for optimism with Nicasio and Felix all but gone and the return of Cano. Everyone got excited about the sweep against Houston, but people forget that Oakland isn't losing much.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Welp. Kiss this game goodbye.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• If Pax is out for an extended period of time, you can kiss the season goodbye. He is our most important player to this team. We need Paxton as this team doesn't have anything that is close to an ace. Looks like Felix will probably get his starting job back. Pax looked like he was in a lot of pain. Hopefully he doesn't miss more than a start.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Paxton has a chance to be great but he's seems like a giant puss to me. Looks like Felix might be back in the rotation quicker then he thought.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• X-rays on Pax negative. A contusion.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• getnasty wrote:Paxton has a chance to be great but he's seems like a giant puss to me. Looks like Felix might be back in the rotation quicker then he thought.

lol I was thinking the same thing... looked like it hit him in the meat of the forearm. I’ve seen Gordon and Segura get hit by a lot worse and keep playing. Im sure it was precautionary, but he could have at least tried throwing a pitch or two....
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Paxton is soft imo. That tho wasnt soft. That would hurt any pitcher. Paxton isnt a true ace to me. He is a 1B. He was like 28th best era for a "#1 pitcher".

Ms must win tomorrow.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Getting drilled in the forearm by a ball going almost 100 mph makes him a puss? um.............ok
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Getting drilled in the forearm by ball going almost 100 mph makes him a puss? um.............ok

Yeah, easy to say from your couch. :34853_doh:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Oh look, we are in the 11th, 2 guys on and of course.........Seagar leaves them stranded. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Gordon goes yard. M’s up 2-0 bottom of 12.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That was HUGE. They could have easily swept this series. I like the fight, I just get so tired of them leaving guys on base :D
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Guess nobody saw that one coming. :mrgreen:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Should the Astros sweeps the A's? Or should we not care now?
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• raisethe3 wrote:Should the Astros sweeps the A's? Or should we not care now?

Its who you think we have a better chance passing.

Houston has lock down starting pitching. Oakland has bullpen. I give offense to houston.

I prefer Houston sweeping oakland. I still think Oakland regresses.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Not worried about 'Stros/A's. Nothing we can do about it. M's dropped the ball in Oakland. I'm glad we won the getaway game, at least, but that was pretty pathetic.

Maybe we need a little Jobu action... :twisted:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• "I should have brought a live Chicken."
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• sutz wrote:Not worried about 'Stros/A's. Nothing we can do about it. M's dropped the ball in Oakland. I'm glad we won the getaway game, at least, but that was pretty pathetic.

I guess I don't really see how that was pathetic. The A's have been the best team in baseball over the past 50 games or so, a pretty large sample size, and both games that we lost were by 1 run. It's not like they went down there and just got embarrassed. They were in each of the 3 games until the end and if any little thing goes differently here or there the results could have been different (like for instance our best pitcher not getting knocked out of the game in the 1st inning). Yeah, it's a bummer they didn't get another win, but pathetic? I'm not seeing that at all.

I wonder if A's fans are calling their team pathetic today? They didn't even score a run in 12 full innings yesterday.

On a different note, Dee Gordon has quickly become one of favorite players. The guy has probably the best attitude I've ever seen. Just always having fun out there and you can tell that it's infectious to the other guys in the dugout. I can't remember the last time I've seen a pro team looking like they are having so much fun playing the game. Also doesn't hurt that he's a pretty damn good player.

Go M's!
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Love Dee, total team guy and he's just out there having fun. And a hell of a player too. On another note, anyone else getting really tired of Seagar choking at the plate?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah I'm fine with the results from the Oakland series. They are the hottest team in baseball for well over a month now. We weren't going to go into their house and push them around. We just couldn't afford to get swept.

Mike Leake has quietly become the most consistent pitcher on this team. It seems like nearly every time he takes the mound he gives us a quality start.

Big home stand coming up, hoping we can break even. We just need to try to stay alive during this tough stretch of the schedule. Seven of our final ten games of the season are against the Rangers, need to take advantage of that. We are in the final stretch with only 40 games remaining. I think we probably need at least 93 wins to have a shot at the wild card, which means going 23-17 to finish the season. With how the A's are playing and assuming Houston eventually gets healthy, 95 wins may be more realistic, which would mean going 25-15, not sure how realistic that is though.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I'm fine with the results from the Oakland series. They are the hottest team in baseball for well over a month now. We weren't going to go into their house and push them around. We just couldn't afford to get swept.

Mike Leake has quietly become the most consistent pitcher on this team. It seems like nearly every time he takes the mound he gives us a quality start.

Big home stand coming up, hoping we can break even. We just need to try to stay alive during this tough stretch of the schedule. Seven of our final ten games of the season are against the Rangers, need to take advantage of that. We are in the final stretch with only 40 games remaining. I think we probably need at least 93 wins to have a shot at the wild card, which means going 23-17 to finish the season. With how the A's are playing and assuming Houston eventually gets healthy, 95 wins may be more realistic, which would mean going 25-15, not sure how realistic that is though.

I agree. 95 wins is what we need. I still think Oakland will falter but maybe im wrong.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• I'd be delighted with 95 wins. I mean come on, when was the last time we reached 90+ wins in a season?! A very long time if you ask me.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Dodgers up 11-1

M's gave up after that 3rd inning where they failed to score with bases loaded 1 out. It's pathetic seeing 60 and 70 loss teams with more runs scored than the M's. This offense is BAD.
    Last edited by Crizilla on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Looks like the whole team is on paternity leave, good gawd!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Whenever this team plays an important game at home in front of a big crowd they don’t even show up.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information