Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I think you guys are overvaluing the bunt. Sabermetrics show that sac bunts don't help. Very few situations are they helpful. The first link explains why bunting isn't being used in MLB anymore. The second link shows win expectancy for different situations. In that table, down 1, with runners on first and second with no outs is almost the same as down 1, with runners on second and third with 1 out. It also says that you are better off having a runner on first with no outs than a runner on second with 1 out. These are stats.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/163 ... todays-mlb

http://www.tangotiger.net/welist.html
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• I know he's been kicked around a lot in this thread, but can we give some props to Felix? Seven innings, 2 ER, and 6 strikeouts against one of the best offenses in the AL.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Rw just spiked the first pitch. Go Ms!
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Wow somebody make a freaking play, what happend to the defense
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• and now the M's decide to play the worse defense of the season. 4 errors in first 3 innings.

Make that 5 errors now.

And just like that a 6 spot for Boston.

M's getting a wake up call "hey if youre going to compete for titles better make sure you're there 100% mentally".
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• No quit in these guys. Just need Diaz to close it out.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• SPAN!!!

Dipoto is out general managing Servais' managing.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• 18 M's remind me of the 2k1 M's.. somehow, you know they are just going to win it.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Wow, what a comeback win. These games are huge for this Mariners team too because it's giving them a little taste of what's to come. Character building win tonight.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Pretty amazing win. :snack:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Seriously, what are DiPoto and Servais putting in this team's Wheaties?
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:With that shift, it would be gravy for him to lay down a bunt imo

I remember seeing him try once or twice, but like was said, he sucks at it.

The modern game is all about stats and homers. It seems like not many players are interested in the team aspect. M's players talk about it in interviews, "moving the chain" they call it. But when push comes to shove, they get over agressive and swing for the fences, and strike out looking bad. Oh well.

Until hitters start laying down bunts and going with the pitch to the opposite field, the shift will continue, and I hate the switch. I know the numbers support it, but only because too many hitters are trying to pull the ball for power instead of getting safe hits and advancing runners. So many times it seems that they're getting safe hits on us right through spots where a player would be in a normal set.

Bunting is all about practice and the desire to do it.
    If your heart isn’t into it your not going to get that bunt down.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Cray! Zee! Ass! Game!!!!!!!

Man, this game was all sorts of wild! I thought Pax showed up well and for some inexplicable reason or another, the M's defense decided to crap the bed in the top 3rd. FOUR friggen errors!!! At one point, they had Pax's final line as 6 runs-allowed but only 1 run earned. They later took the error on Mitch away and that resulted in Pax giving up 5 earned runs. Yikes. I genuinely felt bad for Pax and based on his facial expression as he walked off the field, he was pretty pissed off.

I'm kinda glad that it turned out this way for a few reasons:
    1) The M's have been getting national attention for the last week now, and the spotlight is squarely upon them this weekend. Say what you will, but the hype does make the players play more tightly and since this is our first game against a "big, bad team", biggest fan turnout of the year, with the whole baseball world paying attention, I think it got to some of our players. You can see them somewhat folded for a couple of innings after the top 3rd. Which leads to...

2) After that shell shocked of a 3rd inning, the players kinda settled down and got out of their mental blocks of the big stage and simply started playing their style of ball again. That diving stop by Dee to get out of the top 7th was pure Superman-esque. They started becoming the scrappy, never-say-die M's that we're so used to. They get on base, scratch out hits, then come through at the end with a clutch double by Span!

3) Diaz got a taste of high pressure, high leverage situation against a top team, on a big stage, vs the heart of the order...and he got out of it. He was wild coming into the game, but settled down....basically a microcosm of what the entire team did in this game and this series.

I think this game could've been the catalyst for either one of two scenarios: the team getting bitch-slapped back to reality by the Sox and people start calling us pretenders or not good enough, thus spiraling down into a .500 season the rest of the way. Or (the way it turned out) the team realizing that they ARE good enough to hang with and beat the best teams in baseball with the spotlight shining squarely on them.

I have a feeling the team wih build on this game and it will catapult us into the rest of the season playing like we belong and hopefully make some history.

P.S. Seager is atrocious at the plate. He looks clueless at times, swings at bad pitches, or just takes stuff right down the middle for strikes. I've been waiting for him to snap out of his usual early-season slump, but I think this year is the year where we see "bad" Seager full time. And his error at 3rd today led to 3 more runs. Terrible.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• Excellent comeback win! Give Servais credit for pinch hitting Span there, turned out to be the game winning move.

Gawd that “bad news bears” 3rd inning made me want punch walls though.

Thank goodness they came back, as this loss might have been a momentum changer be wrong way.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• avengerboater wrote:Cray! Zee! Ass! Game!!!!!!!

Man, this game was all sorts of wild! I thought Pax showed up well and for some inexplicable reason or another, the M's defense decided to crap the bed in the top 3rd. FOUR friggen errors!!! At one point, they had Pax's final line as 6 runs-allowed but only 1 run earned. They later took the error on Mitch away and that resulted in Pax giving up 5 earned runs. Yikes. I genuinely felt bad for Pax and based on his facial expression as he walked off the field, he was pretty pissed off.

I'm kinda glad that it turned out this way for a few reasons:
    1) The M's have been getting national attention for the last week now, and the spotlight is squarely upon them this weekend. Say what you will, but the hype does make the players play more tightly and since this is our first game against a "big, bad team", biggest fan turnout of the year, with the whole baseball world paying attention, I think it got to some of our players. You can see them somewhat folded for a couple of innings after the top 3rd. Which leads to...

2) After that shell shocked of a 3rd inning, the players kinda settled down and got out of their mental blocks of the big stage and simply started playing their style of ball again. That diving stop by Dee to get out of the top 7th was pure Superman-esque. They started becoming the scrappy, never-say-die M's that we're so used to. They get on base, scratch out hits, then come through at the end with a clutch double by Span!

3) Diaz got a taste of high pressure, high leverage situation against a top team, on a big stage, vs the heart of the order...and he got out of it. He was wild coming into the game, but settled down....basically a microcosm of what the entire team did in this game and this series.

I think this game could've been the catalyst for either one of two scenarios: the team getting bitch-slapped back to reality by the Sox and people start calling us pretenders or not good enough, thus spiraling down into a .500 season the rest of the way. Or (the way it turned out) the team realizing that they ARE good enough to hang with and beat the best teams in baseball with the spotlight shining squarely on them.

I have a feeling the team wih build on this game and it will catapult us into the rest of the season playing like we belong and hopefully make some history.

P.S. Seager is atrocious at the plate. He looks clueless at times, swings at bad pitches, or just takes stuff right down the middle for strikes. I've been waiting for him to snap out of his usual early-season slump, but I think this year is the year where we see "bad" Seager full time. And his error at 3rd today led to 3 more runs. Terrible.

I can’t argue with your Seager rant, he does play great defense most of the time. He has 41 rbis which I find amazing as crappy as he’s looked at the plate. He needs to want to adjust to the shift and hit the ball the other way. He needs to get away from the dead pull every pitch mentality.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Whata the dance song they play in the mornings on 710 after the m's win?

Also has the trident been removed now since it was called out in preseason?
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Whata the dance song they play in the mornings on 710 after the m's win?

Also has the trident been removed now since it was called out in preseason?

Don’t know the song, but I think the trident hat is mainly a spring training hat.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    I can’t argue with your Seager rant, he does play great defense most of the time. He has 41 rbis which I find amazing as crappy as he’s looked at the plate. He needs to want to adjust to the shift and hit the ball the other way. He needs to get away from the dead pull every pitch mentality.

It's due to his HR's. His OPS is actually 2nd worst in the lineup at .695, behind only Dee (.664), which is terrible if you factor in the fact that Dee never hits home-runs or much more than singles and the games he's missed this year. Take those into account and Seager is statistically THE worst hitter in our everyday lineup. Yet, he's batting 5th and guys like Heredia, Gamel, Healy, Span, and even Zunino (.724 OPS) are batting way behind him.

There's been quite a few clutch situations this year where Seager has come up not only empty, but looking completely baffled at the plate.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

It's due to his HR's. His OPS is actually 2nd worst in the lineup at .695, behind only Dee (.664), which is terrible if you factor in the fact that Dee never hits home-runs or much more than singles and the games he's missed this year. Take those into account and Seager is statistically THE worst hitter in our everyday lineup. Yet, he's batting 5th and guys like Heredia, Gamel, Healy, Span, and even Zunino (.724 OPS) are batting way behind him.

There's been quite a few clutch situations this year where Seager has come up not only empty, but looking completely baffled at the plate.

I’m all for dropping him in the lineup until he learns to hit the ball the other way.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Crizilla wrote:SPAN!!!

Servais put span in. Servais is loved by the players.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I’m all for dropping him in the lineup until he learns to hit the ball the other way.

Unfortunately, we have no better option at 3rd base. The drop off between him and Romine is astronomical. Too bad they let Taylor Motter go, he could've probably been serviceable at 3rd, has speed, and could at least bunt guys over.

I just realized something: the error by Kyle in top 3rd inning directly led to the Sox' next FIVE runs. It was bases loaded at the time, if he had fielded that ground ball cleanly, he could've stepped on 3rd and threw to 1st for an inning-ending double play. But instead, 2 runs scored, then next up BOOM----3 run home run to make it 6-3 Sox.

In all my life, I've never seen one error resulting in 5 runs before. Yikes.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:SPAN!!!

Servais put span in. Servais is loved by the players.

He's a likable guy for sure I just think Dipoto is the brains behind this team. Anyone catch how pissed Dipoto was during the 3rd inning? He was talking to Dave and Mike and pretty much just got up and left. Seemed like he had enough of all the craziness and was just like "ok this is unacceptable I can't talk friendly with you guys while our team is crapping themselves". I wonder what he went and did after that. Maybe relayed a message to Scott? Thought about making another deal or trade? He's always up to something.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Unfortunately, we have no better option at 3rd base. The drop off between him and Romine is astronomical. Too bad they let Taylor Motter go, he could've probably been serviceable at 3rd, has speed, and could at least bunt guys over.

I just realized something: the error by Kyle in top 3rd inning directly led to the Sox' next FIVE runs. It was bases loaded at the time, if he had fielded that ground ball cleanly, he could've stepped on 3rd and threw to 1st for an inning-ending double play. But instead, 2 runs scored, then next up BOOM----3 run home run to make it 6-3 Sox.

Twylor was a cancer. Glad he is gone.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Kyle Seagar with end up with the same numbers he always does at the end of the year. He's just a real hot and cold kind of player.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    avengerboater wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I"m really hoping they convert that White kid they drafted to 3rd base, I think he'd be awesome, he knows defense.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Third inning was a disaster. Never interview Dipoto again lol! They kept interviewing him as the team basically melted down. I give him props for staying calm and answering questions during that inning.

Span is clutch, I think he is a .400 pinch hitter. He is exactly what a playoff team needs.

Paxton's bad line doesn't reflect how he pitched. Most pitchers can't overcome that many blunders.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• I seem to recall a year or two ago beating BoSox (I think it was) in a game only to face a very pissed off team the next day who proceeded to dictate and dominate the rest of the series. That ring a bell? In any case, the Ms have a chance to finish the series as a defining "we have arrived" moment -- similar to when Seahawks beat Bears in OT 23-17 in Chicago back in 2012. Thus, I'm kind of hoping we come out all pissed off and dictate and dominate things. Use anything as motivation. Yesterday's ugly third inning, MLB putting Houston in the AL West, Ms long playoff drought... there are plenty of things.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

• Don't forget. Game today is at 5:00pm on Fox, not root. :irishdrinkers:

One of the funnest things about last night was seeing Ryan Roland-Smith get run out of the Maple Grove. Apparently the fans thought he was bad mojo. :laugh:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but with expectations growing, why not go after the WS this season. The window is small and who knows if we can replicate this 3-4 years from now. Going into the season expectations were low. A month ago expectations were to make the WC. With expectations higher than ever, I would love to see the team set their sights on the WS.

To do that, I think we need to add a big time arm, similar to what Houston did last year at the deadline by acquiring Verlander. As much as I love Paxton, if you measure him against all of the AL playoff teams #1 pitchers, he probably ranks at the bottom. Personally, I'd take Kluber, Severino, Verlander, and Sale over him. Not sure we can add an ace to the staff, but if we could get a 1B to compliment Paxton I think it could put us over the top. Got to think guys like Hamels, Archer, Fulmer, or any of the Giants pitchers (Cueto, MadBum) will be available. I look at our pitching staff, and it looks great for a long regular season, but not sure it's built for a playoff series.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but with expectations growing, why not go after the WS this season. The window is small and who knows if we can replicate this 3-4 years from now. Going into the season expectations were low. A month ago expectations were to make the WC. With expectations higher than ever, I would love to see the team set their sights on the WS.

To do that, I think we need to add a big time arm, similar to what Houston did last year at the deadline by acquiring Verlander. As much as I love Paxton, if you measure him against all of the AL playoff teams #1 pitchers, he probably ranks at the bottom. Personally, I'd take Kluber, Severino, Verlander, and Sale over him. Not sure we can add an ace to the staff, but if we could get a 1B to compliment Paxton I think it could put us over the top. Got to think guys like Hamels, Archer, Fulmer, or any of the Giants pitchers (Cueto, MadBum) will be available. I look at our pitching staff, and it looks great for a long regular season, but not sure it's built for a playoff series.

This was my exact sentiment a couple weeks ago. Everyone on Twitter was saying "Oh, if we go .500 the rest of the season we'll have 88/89/90 wins...etc" and we'll make the WC! I said, why settle for the WC where 1 game can determine your playoff fate? As we can see from yesterday's game, anything can happen in one flukey inning that can throw the entire game out of whack. Why not go for the Division? We can hang with Houston and who knows what happens down the stretch? Forget hoping to "go .500" the rest of the season, let's keep racking up wins and get deep into the playoffs!

But then, that's when our rotation's flaws comes into play. Everyone knows all you really need to succeed in the playoffs is a strong 1-3 guy in the rotation. If you have a good 4 and 5 guy, that would be tremendous help. I have no confidence trotting out Pax, Gonzales, Felix vs the All-World rotation from Houston, and the Red Sox' rotation is pretty damn good too. NYY can use another starting arm, but their offense more than makes up for it.

I agree that we definitely need another ace-quality arm if we are to seriously contend in the playoffs. Problem is, we have next to nothing to offer those teams who are selling at the trade deadline. Depending on where we are in the standings at that time, I'm not sure if we can compete with the likes of NYY, Cleveland, BoSox in acquiring a starting pitcher. I was surprised that we were able to get Colome and Span, but apparently the Rays wanted to dump salary with Span and Colome was struggling at the time. Maybe we can get Archer from the Rays since he's somewhat injured right now and the M's and Rays are like the Hawks and Vikings when it comes to acquiring former players. Hamels is another possibility, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and would want a long term contract. The M's are one of the teams NOT on his 20-team no-trade clause list, though.

Maybe we can package Seager, Leake, a bullpen arm, and whoever else they want in our depleted farm for one of those arms plus a 3rd baseman. Maybe even throw Cano in there, LOL.

I really do hope we make it deep into the playoffs so Felix can experience pitching in the playoffs before he is no longer with the M's.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• I love how seattle is and the state is backing mariners again. Its fun!
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:I love how seattle is and the state is backing mariners again. Its fun!

Winning is much funner than losing! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• avengerboater wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but with expectations growing, why not go after the WS this season. The window is small and who knows if we can replicate this 3-4 years from now. Going into the season expectations were low. A month ago expectations were to make the WC. With expectations higher than ever, I would love to see the team set their sights on the WS.

This was my exact sentiment a couple weeks ago. Everyone on Twitter was saying "Oh, if we go .500 the rest of the season we'll have 88/89/90 wins...etc" and we'll make the WC! I said, why settle for the WC where 1 game can determine your playoff fate? As we can see from yesterday's game, anything can happen in one flukey inning that can throw the entire game out of whack. Why not go for the Division? We can hang with Houston and who knows what happens down the stretch? Forget hoping to "go .500" the rest of the season, let's keep racking up wins and get deep into the playoffs!

But then, that's when our rotation's flaws comes into play. Everyone knows all you really need to succeed in the playoffs is a strong 1-3 guy in the rotation. If you have a good 4 and 5 guy, that would be tremendous help. I have no confidence trotting out Pax, Gonzales, Felix vs the All-World rotation from Houston, and the Red Sox' rotation is pretty damn good too. NYY can use another starting arm, but their offense more than makes up for it.

I agree that we definitely need another ace-quality arm if we are to seriously contend in the playoffs. Problem is, we have next to nothing to offer those teams who are selling at the trade deadline. Depending on where we are in the standings at that time, I'm not sure if we can compete with the likes of NYY, Cleveland, BoSox in acquiring a starting pitcher. I was surprised that we were able to get Colome and Span, but apparently the Rays wanted to dump salary with Span and Colome was struggling at the time. Maybe we can get Archer from the Rays since he's somewhat injured right now and the M's and Rays are like the Hawks and Vikings when it comes to acquiring former players. Hamels is another possibility, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and would want a long term contract. The M's are one of the teams NOT on his 20-team no-trade clause list, though.

Maybe we can package Seager, Leake, a bullpen arm, and whoever else they want in our depleted farm for one of those arms plus a 3rd baseman. Maybe even throw Cano in there, LOL.

I really do hope we make it deep into the playoffs so Felix can experience pitching in the playoffs before he is no longer with the M's.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Our rotation is strong because the back end of our rotation is better than most, but when playoffs start it is all about 1-3. Like I mentioned before, Paxton likely ranks last among the AL playoff aces. As bad as Seager has been, moving him isn't happening. We don't have an adequate backup 3B. We don't have a lot of trade chips, but I'm fine dealing any of our starting pitchers not named Paxton or Marco. The farm system is already depleted, I'm fine totally gutting it if we have to. Dealing one of the OF's not named Haniger is also an option. If someone is willing to take Cano, go ahead, but doubt anyone will want him after the PED's, not to mention his contract is absurd.

Playoffs is all about pitching, just not sure we have the rotation to compete with a team like the Astros or Red Sox. We need a really great pitcher to slot right behind Paxton.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Our rotation is strong because the back end of our rotation is better than most, but when playoffs start it is all about 1-3. Like I mentioned before, Paxton likely ranks last among the AL playoff aces. As bad as Seager has been, moving him isn't happening. We don't have an adequate backup 3B. We don't have a lot of trade chips, but I'm fine dealing any of our starting pitchers not named Paxton or Marco. The farm system is already depleted, I'm fine totally gutting it if we have to. Dealing one of the OF's not named Haniger is also an option. If someone is willing to take Cano, go ahead, but doubt anyone will want him after the PED's, not to mention his contract is absurd.

Playoffs is all about pitching, just not sure we have the rotation to compete with a team like the Astros or Red Sox. We need a really great pitcher to slot right behind Paxton.

:ditto:

I feel you on the Paxton isn't a legit #1 shut-down ace. I think he's more of a "1b" compared to the other aces in the MLB. He is no where near as dominant as Felix back in his prime, but few pitchers are.

I'm kinda having the same thoughts of going "all in" on this season if we're still in contention come July 31st. Maybe we can offer to pay part of Cano's salary as an incentive? Haha.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• Rather enjoying the junkball duel at the moment. LeBlanc is an icy cool dude.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Is LeBlanc the real deal? I keep waiting for him to regress but he hasn't. I think they just said he has now retired the last 17 batters.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Let him finish the inning Servais... he is pitching a gem...
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• 21 games over .500 for the first time in 15 YEARS.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Something is happening here you guys.... Something is happening.

Is this the real life....?
    Attachments
    is-this-the-real-life-is-this-justifantasy-19319222.png
    is-this-the-real-life-is-this-justifantasy-19319222.png (94.88 KiB) Viewed 521 times
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• WHAT A GAME!

WHAT A SERIES!

WHAT A TEAM!
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• We are scaring the Astros so much they went on a 10 game win streak
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Unbelievable win. One day its the offense, one day its the pitching.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Is LeBlanc the real deal? I keep waiting for him to regress but he hasn't. I think they just said he has now retired the last 17 batters.

He was making one of the best hitting teams in baseball look completely silly at the plate, with 75 mile per hour changeups. Laser tight command, really knew where he was putting that ball every single pitch.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:We are scaring the Astros so much they went on a 10 game win streak

Well, nothing we can do about that except try to keep up until we play them again.

Great game, and a great win on national TV! Maybe that'll help some of the guys with the all-star voting. ;)

Great effort by Wade, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.
    Last edited by sutz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:We are scaring the Astros so much they went on a 10 game win streak

Well, nothing we can do about that except try to keep up until we play them again.

Great game, and a great win on national TV! Maybe that'll help some of the guys with the all-star voting. ;)

Great effort by Marco, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.

Not Marco Gonzalez, it was Wade LeBlanc.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:We are scaring the Astros so much they went on a 10 game win streak

Great effort by Marco, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.

Not Marco Gonzalez, it was Wade LeBlanc.

:34853_doh: Ooops. My bad. :179419: :laugh:

Great game, anyway.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• LeBlanc is starting to remind me a lot of Jamie Moyer.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:LeBlanc is starting to remind me a lot of Jamie Moyer.

Lot of similarities. Leftie, throws a lot of off-speed stuff. Pin-point accuracy. Mixes his pitches well. Generally maintains his poise and keeps emotions from affecting his throws. Liking what I'm seeing.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Hawk-Lock wrote:LeBlanc is starting to remind me a lot of Jamie Moyer.

LeBlanc just shut down one of the league’s best offenses with that gem yesterday.
    Not bad for a guy that was picked up off the scrap heep.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information