2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
another series win.

Add wins up before june schedule. We still need a starter or two but this is fun. I love baseball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As bipolar as this team seems to be, only a game and a half out. Cano is missing out on what could turn out to be a special season.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Crizilla":2yfycd0z said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2yfycd0z said:
Crizilla":2yfycd0z said:
Hanny and Segura bailing out a bad line up. Dipoto > Servais.

That shitty manager has the Mariners 1.5 games out of first in the West and 1.5 games clear in the wildcard.

I never said he was "shitty". At times I criticize his decisions. Big whoop. Every day people get judged on their job. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens at the end. But from what I've seen so far I'd say Servais is on par with McLendon.

You show up only to criticize. Usually crickets when the team is doing well. Except, the team is doing well so now you are showing up to criticize how they are doing it.

Players need rest so a lineup will have reserve players. This is compounded by Cano missing. Seager is struggling and needs to step back a bit. Sometimes that is an entire day off, sometimes just to DH. Cruz is nursing a nagging foot injury so he will need intermittent rest.

You are quick to offer criticism, but cower when offering a solution. Not hindsight either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a Servais fan either, but he certainly has the team right in the mix. My beef with him is more how he handles the pitching staff. Oh well, I look forward to him continuing to prove me wrong :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":coxi28az said:
He's a young skipper, I remember we had one before, canned his ass and he ultimately became a pretty decent skipper, Bob Melvin.
The team has done that with quite a few players, too. :229031_shrug:

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1alqtxjs said:
I'm not a Servais fan either, but he certainly has the team right in the mix. My beef with him is more how he handles the pitching staff. Oh well, I look forward to him continuing to prove me wrong :irishdrinkers:

Catch 22 for him at times with the pitching staff. Paxton is about the only one that can go deep into games. That will stress the bullpen.

Guy lost a perennial all star from the lineup and haven't skipped a beat.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2yxefogg said:
Crizilla":2yxefogg said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2yxefogg said:
Crizilla":2yxefogg said:
Hanny and Segura bailing out a bad line up. Dipoto > Servais.

That shitty manager has the Mariners 1.5 games out of first in the West and 1.5 games clear in the wildcard.

I never said he was "shitty". At times I criticize his decisions. Big whoop. Every day people get judged on their job. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens at the end. But from what I've seen so far I'd say Servais is on par with McLendon.

You show up only to criticize. Usually crickets when the team is doing well. Except, the team is doing well so now you are showing up to criticize how they are doing it.

Players need rest so a lineup will have reserve players. This is compounded by Cano missing. Seager is struggling and needs to step back a bit. Sometimes that is an entire day off, sometimes just to DH. Cruz is nursing a nagging foot injury so he will need intermittent rest.

You are quick to offer criticism, but cower when offering a solution. Not hindsight either.
Ha Ha pretty much spot on..
But..I like it when he does the players because they come out and get hot after.
Every team has a few fans like this and the M's probaly have more than usual so
it doesn't bother me too much because can you really blame them?I have been
around from the start and trust me I have gotten upset many times but after a
couple times you learn to accept there are things you cannot control.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1bbuc9oy said:
TransGenderHawkFan":1bbuc9oy said:
Crizilla":1bbuc9oy said:
TransGenderHawkFan":1bbuc9oy said:

Ha Ha pretty much spot on..
But..I like it when he does the players because they come out and get hot after.
Every team has a few fans like this and the M's probaly have more than usual so
it doesn't bother me too much because can you really blame them?I have been
around from the start and trust me I have gotten upset many times but after a
couple times you learn to accept there are things you cannot control.

I have always had an issue with the, "Not happy, unless I'm not happy," crowd. It is an endless cycle of somebody else's fault with a dash of hindsight so they can never be wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic is very realistic for M's fans. 17 years and counting w/playoffs. But, I do have a good feeling about this team, and they have a real shot at playoffs. IF they can keep healthy. Would like to see them get another solid starter to add to the rotation. And Nicasio scares that crap out of me when he's out there. I just feel like Servais leaves guys in there way too long. Hopefully he'll improve on that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Man the Mariners just can't catch a break. I had a weird feeling about Dee after seeing him limp around a bit during Sunday's game. It doesn't sound like he will be out all that long. If he were to miss games through the all-star break I think we'd possibly look at adding an outfielder or second baseman. Even with losing some position guys, I still think the biggest need is starting pitching. The usual names will come up around the deadline like Chris Archer and Cole Hamels. I would really like to see us go after a guy who we can either rent for the rest of the season or a guy that can come on board and play for multiple years. I think we are still kicking ourselves for not going after Verlander. Not only has he been the best pitcher in baseball, but he went within our divison. Kind of like Otahni, double whammy.

I'm all for our great offense, but I don't see how we can stack up against other elite teams in a playoff series. After Paxton, we will be outmatched in the rotation. As great as Paxton is, not sure I'd take him over aces like Sale, Verlander, Gerrit Cole or Severino. The great part of the playoffs is you don't need five great starting pitchers, just three. If we do add an arm to the rotation, it will be interesting to see who gets bumped out.

By the way, has anyone been following Tampa Bay? They started their bullpen guy Sergio Romo two consecutive days in a row. I think he pitched just about an inning both games, and then handed the ball off to the starter the remainder of the game. I'm curious if this will change baseball.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
We need a starter over position player imho. I agree with hawk. We are outgunned minus paxton. Probably need two more.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Haniger was hit by a pitch on the wrist. X-ray's came back negative so he's going to be day to day.

I for one am sick of teams pitching inside on us so comfortably and hitting our guys. How many times do we have to lose guys like Cruz and Haniger before they grow a pair and start punishing teams with a little baseball justice?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":14dcdj3y said:
Haniger was hit by a pitch on the wrist. X-ray's came back negative so he's going to be day to day.

I for one am sick of teams pitching inside on us so comfortably and hitting our guys. How many times do we have to lose guys like Cruz and Haniger before they grow a pair and start punishing teams with a little baseball justice?
Yep, they need to start “pitching inside” to other teams at opportune times.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seattle is the #1 most "hit by pitch" team in the American league, and only second in baseball to the Cubs this year. That's after being 4th in baseball last year and 3rd the year before that. SMH

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They were discussing that very situation on the Radio.. even thought they should let Paxton blow some inside.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great come from behind win again. Hopefully Segura is okay, got shaken up on his slide home.

That foul ball there was close to being a homer.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
DJrmb":2fb8gaji said:

We beaned a player the next inning.