Zags 2017/2018

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Never though I'd see the day Leonard Hamilton would beat Mark Few. No Tillie might have cost them the game. Either way they played really poorly.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Tillie would have helped but I haven't seen the Zags shoot that poorly in 2 years.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":11aiosh6 said:
Tillie would have helped but I haven't seen the Zags shoot that poorly in 2 years.

Agreed. Couldn't hit shots, turned the ball over and didn't share the ball. Only 7 assists, that's not Zag basketball. They'll be back next season, this was never their season. Probably their least talented team in a while, which shows how dominant they've been lately.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Had we had Tillie that was a win. I have no doubt in my mind. Tillie created problems on the high pick and roll that gave this team open looks from three and easy buckets underneath.
This team was never a really great team. JW3 is all right but he is a turnover prone back to tha basket player that took forever to make his move and when he got the ball the offense completely stalled. On top of that he couldn't hit threes or free throws. Melson was a decent defender that hit occasional threes(he was terrible last night).
Perkins is a decent point guard that has trouble creating off the dribble so when a team like FSU plays in your face defense he will struggle when there is no Tillie giving high picks that he and Tillie can roll off and hit threes off of.
They should have could have been in the elite eight, maybe even the final four but I am not too upset about it. Its probably Fews greatest year of coaching imo. He did a great job with what was there.
They have three really good players in Tillie, RUI, and Zach, to build around next year with a solid point guard in Perkins and a solid wing in Kispert.
Brandon Clarke (6-8 post player) will be eligible next year and he has been getting rave reviews. Plus they have Filip Petrusev (6-10 euro) coming in and he is expected to contribute right away as well.

However Tillie is rumored to be leaving and there have been rumors Perkins may leave for Europe as well. Rui I expect to be back. Should Perkins leave we have a redshirt player named Joel Ayayi a 6-5 spindly guard. Super quick Euro guard that needs to add strength. They say his defense is very very good.
We will see how it all shakes out but I am confident this team will be good next year. In fact depending on who returns I see us getting better next year.
The two seniors we lose just were not that good.

Latest posts