Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Virginia vs. UMBC

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Virginia vs. UMBC
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:13 pm
  • Holy crap. Are we witnessing history?
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Virginia vs. UMBC
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Holy $#!+. UMBC upsets #1 Virginia 74-54. First 16 seed to ever win a tournament game outside of the play-in round.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm
  • That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

I think it is the biggest upset in college basketball history, and possibly in all of sports.

UVA only has one style of play, and they just weren't built to come from behind. Kentucky has to be feeling great, they have a nice path in the bracket.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 pm
  • Incredible, turned into a blowout. I wish it was some other team than Virginia. Like Duke or UNC. I have always really liked Tony Bennet.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

I think it is the biggest upset in college basketball history, and possibly in all of sports.

UVA only has one style of play, and they just weren't built to come from behind. Kentucky has to be feeling great, they have a nice path in the bracket.

Agreed on all points. I love love love march madness.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:Incredible, turned into a blowout. I wish it was some other team than Virginia. Like Duke or UNC. I have always really liked Tony Bennet.

He went full blown Coog tonight. I like him too, unfortunate it happened to him and that program.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:12 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

its arguably the biggest upset in the NCAA tourney but in all of sports? lolz no
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:26 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

its arguably the biggest upset in the NCAA tourney but in all of sports? lolz no

It depends on how you define the greatest upset. Today's upset is definitely up there on the list. The likely answer is Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also got the miracle on ice. Appalachian State beating Michigan, but that was a preseason game. Giants beating the undefeated Pats was big because it was the SB, but the odds on them probably aren't comparable to the other examples.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:That was awesome. This is why no sporting event is better than this tourney.

It depends on how you define the greatest upset. Today's upset is definitely up there on the list. The likely answer is Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also got the miracle on ice. Appalachian State beating Michigan, but that was a preseason game. Giants beating the undefeated Pats was big because it was the SB, but the odds on them probably aren't comparable to the other examples.

The Miracle on ice is the biggest..You had a team of true non pro players that beat a team of
    pros..That just doesn't happen but it did that day.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:10 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:

App State beating Michigan was the first game of the reg season....nobody would have really cared about the upset if it was preseason
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:37 am
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:

App State beating Michigan was the first game of the reg season....nobody would have really cared about the upset if it was preseason

Obviously there are not preseason cfb games, but tonight's game was bigger than an opening day college football game. I'm pretty sure App State won the fcs championship that season and te one before.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am
  • Reminds me of when the #8 seed Dikembe Mutombo-led Nuggets beat our #1 seed SuperSonics.

Too soon?
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 am
  • How many times in a row had a 16 seed list to a 1? Like 140?

If it’s not the biggest upset in sports it’s in the top 3
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:20 am
  • Harvard beat Standford as a 16 seed in 1998 so this has happened before.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:Harvard beat Standford as a 16 seed in 1998 so this has happened before.

Yeah in the women's tourney.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:22 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:How many times in a row had a 16 seed list to a 1? Like 140?

If it’s not the biggest upset in sports it’s in the top 3

135, since expansion to 64 in 1985.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am
  • Madrid Hawk wrote:Reminds me of when the #8 seed Dikembe Mutombo-led Nuggets beat our #1 seed SuperSonics.

Too soon?

You shut up.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information