Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":263wi0x8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/paulsilvi/status/967505282862538752[/tweet]

Yikes. I feel terrible for Morris, he's been so snake bit with injuries, this is by far his worse.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
His contract is up after this season and there were rumors that he was interested in testing the European market. This injury pretty much kills any chance of him going overseas now.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hope this doesn't kill his speed. We already lost Zakuani's career to a bad injury.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Not really shocking news here.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavidKIRO7/status/968251667131940864[/tweet]

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Reminder: MLSSoccer.com is streaming all non-national, out-of-market games for free for the first part of the season as they transition from MLSLive to ESPN+.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Thought Torres just signed an extension?

Considering Torres gets hurt a lot of Marshall takes a lot of knocks i'm happy to have him in the squad. Hopefully the defender we drafted is good too.

We need another forward and or speedy winger though with Morris out. That's more than a season and a half we'll have been without Morris.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1yrnja11 said:
We need another forward and or speedy winger though with Morris out. That's more than a season and a half we'll have been without Morris.

Yep, probably changes the players we're targeting for the summer window.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11r81pmr said:
SeatownJay":11r81pmr said:
Sounders bolster their defense by signing South Korean international center back Kim Kee-Hee.

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2018/02 ... im-kee-hee

Saw this last night. Interesting signing considering it's probably the most set in stone position on the team, center back.

Think this means Torres is on his way out?
Torres just got his green card today so he no longer occupies an international slot.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle runs past Santa Tecla 4-0 to advance to the quarters of the CCL against Mexican club Chivas. First leg is next Tuesday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice play by the Sounders in the 2nd half of the match. Eikrem sparked the team when he entered.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Tecla was playing pretty dirty in the first half. The referee tried to temper the aggression, but he let a lot to as well. The forearm to the throat which should have been a straight red. There was also persistent infringement with the guys carrying yellows as well.

Sounders came out in the second half and opened the flood gates. Tecla was lost as the Rave green attacked relentlessly. I really thought that Schmetzer was going to bunker at 2-0

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here's the starting lineup for the season opener. Marshall's on the bench and Dempsey isn't even in the 18.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/970403636906881024[/tweet]

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention how much I hate basketball. The last 3 & a half minutes of this game have taken a half hour and counting to play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How Harry Shipp and Tony Alfaro are still on the Sounders is puzzling to me....both need to go. Their play is brutally awful.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Defense was shaky at times but Seattle got lots of opportunities on goal. Given that the team was without Dempsey and Morris that was promising. Now they need to beat Chivas on Tuesday. No MLS match next weekend so they can go all out.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That starting lineup was garbage, throwing away winnable points that may be needed at the end of the season for hfa. We done that at points last season and it pissed me off. Always feel you should have your strongest team for the first game. It screws the fans too.

LA weren't that great especially defensively. Vela was good for them and rossi. Good goal though.

We were unlucky second half with chances but why are guys like wolf not starting?

Just frustrated, I don't give an eff about concacaf CL and guys like wingo, alfaro and shipp aren't great. Maybe once the mexican teams care I may or they make changes to it but focus on bread and butter first. Dempsey makes too much money not to even be in the squad. Cameo role at least.

The boy who came on and hit the bar looked promising. Hope our korean signing plays soon and we don't see anymore of Alfaro.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":36yiv3mj said:
That starting lineup was garbage, throwing away winnable points that may be needed at the end of the season for hfa. We done that at points last season and it pissed me off. Always feel you should have your strongest team for the first game. It screws the fans too.

LA weren't that great especially defensively. Vela was good for them and rossi. Good goal though.

We were unlucky second half with chances but why are guys like wolf not starting?

Just frustrated, I don't give an eff about concacaf CL and guys like wingo, alfaro and shipp aren't great. Maybe once the mexican teams care I may or they make changes to it but focus on bread and butter first. Dempsey makes too much money not to even be in the squad. Cameo role at least.

The boy who came on and hit the bar looked promising. Hope our korean signing plays soon and we don't see anymore of Alfaro.

I mostly agree, but I have mixed feelings about the CL vs league match debate.

It's the MLS, other than it being opening night, which granted is a big deal I would have done exactly what Schmetzer did, put more emphasis on these CL matches over one of 37 matches against a weak opponent.

I know we lost, but we dominated possession and chances, just bad luck we couldn't put one in.