Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NHL Seattle Hockey club

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: NHL Seattle Hockey club
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm
  • Brett wrote:I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

So name them after our buses, and have same color scheme too?

Guys, our buses aren't that great!! :D :2thumbs:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Brett wrote:I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

I was not saying that the Metro's was my favorite choice, just that out of the concept art that I have seen for that name I liked this one the best. The idea was more to spark some conversation rather than debate the team name lol.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm
  • Green is just such a neutral color, just blah.. just like brown.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm
  • Brett wrote:I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

I love that color scheme and wouldn't mind seeing it.

But personally, I hope they are inspired by these colors for the new team, just to pay homage to the Metros :

Another color scheme I like is from the Minnesota White Bears concept:

Also, if they go Evergeens, I'd hope they would be inspired by the Toronto St. Pats (green/white is my favorite color combo). Perhaps these colors on a New York Islanders Brooklyn alternate type design:
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Brett wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Brett wrote:I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

SuperSonic's colors.

I'll call em the sonics if I want to thx .... :)

With those colors it was SuperSonics :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:09 pm
  • Brett wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

I was not saying that the Metro's was my favorite choice, just that out of the concept art that I have seen for that name I liked this one the best. The idea was more to spark some conversation rather than debate the team name lol.

I agree, the colors are better than the old Christmas colors scheme. I thought it was just a funny coincidence that they picked the same colors as our common Metro buses, while being named like our buses.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:15 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Brett wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

I agree, the colors are better than the old Christmas colors scheme. I thought it was just a funny coincidence that they picked the same colors as our common Metro buses, while being named like our buses.

That is pretty funny, almost as funny as the naming of the South Lake Union Transit...Aka SLUT.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 am
  • seaky12 wrote:

But personally, I hope they are inspired by these colors for the new team, just to pay homage to the Metros :

Also, if they go Evergeens, I'd hope they would be inspired by the Toronto St. Pats (green/white is my favorite color combo). Perhaps these colors on a New York Islanders Brooklyn alternate type design:

I am not a fan of the Christmas colors at all man lol, but to each his own. I do like the green and white and honestly my favorite choice right now would be to steal the WHL team name of the Thunderbirds... Even though I was a Tacoma Rockets fan and cheering for the T-birds was bad joojoo lol.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 am
  • Wouldn't shock me knowing this city council if they called the hockey team Supersonics then claimed they brought the Sonics back :lol:
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 am
  • The Minnesota Wild have the color scheme that would be perfect for Seattle.

But I wouldn't be opposed to adopting the old Minnesota North Stars colors now that Dallas has dropped the gold/yellow from their look.

The Hartford Whalers colors would be a good fit too, but perhaps too close to the Canucks/T-Birds.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am
  • I am just glad we are discussing it, I am tired of looking at the NHL to Seattle site and seeing nothing new lol.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Wouldn't shock me knowing this city council if they called the hockey team Supersonics then claimed they brought the Sonics back :lol:

Maybe we can just call them the Spacers... how appropriate would that be?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm
  • Maybe Ice Poets, that's what they said could keep the Key in business after the Sonics left, Ice Capades and Poetry readings :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:32 pm
  • Brett wrote:
    seaky12 wrote:

I am not a fan of the Christmas colors at all man lol, but to each his own. I do like the green and white and honestly my favorite choice right now would be to steal the WHL team name of the Thunderbirds... Even though I was a Tacoma Rockets fan and cheering for the T-birds was bad joojoo lol.

But we could be the jolliest bunch of a-holes this side of the nut house!

To each their own bro lol. The Christmas colors could look boss if not overdone. But if I'm being completely honest, they would be best served as a throwback rather than the primary scheme. That way the team can start anew and establish its own identity while respecting the past. If I'm not mistaken, I think that is what the Minnesota Wild was going for when they changed the team name and colors rather than readopting the North Stars moniker and colors.

Speaking of Minnesota, am I alone in thinking that not going with the Northern Lights for a new franchise was a huge missed opportunity?

Northern Lights concept:

Twin Cities Northern Lights (junior hockey team). Check out this sweet knockoff logo:
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 am
  • kobebryant wrote:The Minnesota Wild have the color scheme that would be perfect for Seattle.

But I wouldn't be opposed to adopting the old Minnesota North Stars colors now that Dallas has dropped the gold/yellow from their look.

The Hartford Whalers colors would be a good fit too, but perhaps too close to the Canucks/T-Birds.

I'd be ecstatic if we went with any of those color schemes. Green/gold would be fantastic since there is no other team is currently using it. Aside from the Minnesota North Stars and California Golden Seals, has any other NHL team used the scheme? Looks like I have some googling to do!
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am
  • Thats a payment of 10 with 640 more due when approved.
    They want to see how many people buy season tickets before final ok.
    It's a start though and wish I could buy some.
    On the colors,I like the green/white..Sonic ones too
    The Sonics are dead so why not use them..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 am
  • It's great to be around from the start of a franchise!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:56 am
  • I think the goal will be the same as it was for Las Vegas..10K season ticket apps.

Wonder if that's doable.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:I think the goal will be the same as it was for Las Vegas..10K season ticket apps.

Wonder if that's doable.

Will be interesting to see what kind of packages they offer on the ticket pre-sale.

If they want full season ticket packages? Probably not for me, hopefully they have 3, 5, 10 game packages, etc.

I'm sure that news will be coming shortly.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am
  • The NHL came out with a statement today that said the Seattle application has been received, but there is no finite timeline as to approval.

Which makes sense, until there are shovels in the ground the NHL is not going to commit to an expansion placement year.

If I had to guess assuming the Key renovation project goes as promised, 2020 or 2021 would be a safe bet.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 am
  • Said on the radio today they expect to tear down/Gut key arena minus the roof starting October/November. Depends on the environmental impact assessment and city council approval of it, which I imagine are formalities (they'll completely overlook the mercer mess and lack of parking).

Also concern there may be a lock out in 2020 meaning we may not start till 2021.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I think the goal will be the same as it was for Las Vegas..10K season ticket apps.

Wonder if that's doable.

Will be interesting to see what kind of packages they offer on the ticket pre-sale.

If they want full season ticket packages? Probably not for me, hopefully they have 3, 5, 10 game packages, etc.

I don't think we'll have a problem hitting that number. Vegas hit 5k within the first few days and 9k in the first month.
    Also, season ticket drives almost never fail. The only one i can think of was the failed relocation from Hartford to Norfolk, Virginia.

Vegas offered 11 and 22 game packages in addition to full season tickets, so hopefully this franchise will do something similar.

Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Said on the radio today they expect to tear down/Gut key arena minus the roof starting October/November. Depends on the environmental impact assessment and city council approval of it, which I imagine are formalities (they'll completely overlook the mercer mess and lack of parking).

Also concern there may be a lock out in 2020 meaning we may not start till 2021.

Most people seem to think that an expansion team arriving in 2020 with $650 Million in the owners pockets will incentivize getting a deal done. A lockout during a franchise's inaugural season would be shooting themselves in the foot pretty bad entering a new market.

Overall this is huge news. OVG would not have submitted an application and spent 10m without being confident the NHL would grant it. The only things that could prevent this from happening are:

The season ticket drive bombing (highly unlikely)
    Something halts Key arena rebuild (EIS issue, unforseen political issue, etc.)

Now, the wait for the season ticket drive announcement begins.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am
  • KK84 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I think the goal will be the same as it was for Las Vegas..10K season ticket apps.

Wonder if that's doable.

I don't think we'll have a problem hitting that number. Vegas hit 5k within the first few days and 9k in the first month.
    Also, season ticket drives almost never fail. The only one i can think of was the failed relocation from Hartford to Norfolk, Virginia.

Vegas offered 11 and 22 game packages in addition to full season tickets, so hopefully this franchise will do something similar.

Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Said on the radio today they expect to tear down/Gut key arena minus the roof starting October/November. Depends on the environmental impact assessment and city council approval of it, which I imagine are formalities (they'll completely overlook the mercer mess and lack of parking).

Most people seem to think that an expansion team arriving in 2020 with $650 Million in the owners pockets will incentivize getting a deal done. A lockout during a franchise's inaugural season would be shooting themselves in the foot pretty bad entering a new market.

Overall this is huge news. OVG would not have submitted an application and spent 10m without being confident the NHL would grant it. The only things that could prevent this from happening are:

The season ticket drive bombing (highly unlikely)
    Something halts Key arena rebuild (EIS issue, unforseen political issue, etc.)

Now, the wait for the season ticket drive announcement begins.

I can't see the season ticket drive fail. There's a huge gap for winter sports here. Maybe if the Sonics were still here as competition. At the very least there's going to be a novelty factor and a lot of tech workers here are not short of cash for season tickets to see what the deal is in the inaugural season.

I do think Seattle is shooting themselves in the foot preserving the roof on the Key. It's ugly and severely limits what they can do with capacity etc. If you could tear it down then you could make the building higher and the rows steeper to increase attendance. Most places in Europe don't think twice about tearing down ugly 60's buildings. I understand the Space Needle being preserved, its iconic, maybe even the monorail, the Key is not though and no one associates it when they think of Seattle. I cringe that they want to preserve that roof but seem happy to build a big tower block at the entrance of Pike market, arguably the most historic part of the city. Here's hoping they don't find anything wrong in the impact studies or the council changes again in the next few years and drags their heels like what happened with Hansen.

Other fear is a recession, we're probably due one, although Seattle was relatively sheltered compared to elsewhere last time.
    Last edited by Glasgow Seahawk on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am
  • Seattle Chronic.

Put a fatty weed leaf right on the front.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 am
  • Blade Runners
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Seattle Chronic.

Put a fatty weed leaf right on the front.

:lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Blade Runners

Probably get sued by Warner Bros.
    "WHOA, NELLIE!"

RIP Keith Jackson, 1928-2018
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 am

This looks way too much like the Sonics design before they left. I hope they stick with the uni's they won the Stanley Cup in.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Blade Runners

Probably get sued by Warner Bros.

"Blades of Glory"

That name would be mind bottling.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:03 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Blade Runners

I assume the estate of Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott and Warner Brothers would have a problem with this...........but I betcha there are thousands of youth hockey teams with this name.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 am
  • It wouldn't surprise me if some of the season tickets were purchased by British Columbians, especially if the initial prices are reasonable relative to the Canucks prices.

A chance to see hockey on Friday,Saturday,Sunday at a more reasonable price than the Canucks; see/resell 4 additional Canucks games on the secondary market; see/resell the Oilers, Leafs, Canadiens, Caps, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins and other big draws (you could probably pay off your season tickets by just selling those games on the secondary market).

I have a feeling the ticket drive will exceed expectations in a huge way.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if some of the season tickets were purchased by British Columbians, especially if the initial prices are reasonable relative to the Canucks prices.

A chance to see hockey on Friday,Saturday,Sunday at a more reasonable price than the Canucks; see/resell 4 additional Canucks games on the secondary market; see/resell the Oilers, Leafs, Canadiens, Caps, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins and other big draws (you could probably pay off your season tickets by just selling those games on the secondary market).

I have a feeling the ticket drive will exceed expectations in a huge way.

Probably also a lot of Seattle/NW transplants living in BC that love hockey and want to come see matches.

I've said before, I have no doubt the season ticket drive will be a tremendous success.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 pm
  • Too bad we couldn't get this puck rolling sooner and perhaps just let the team play in BC until the arena is built.. wouldn't that be sweet.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Too bad we couldn't get this puck rolling sooner and perhaps just let the team play in BC until the arena is built.. wouldn't that be sweet.

I hear ya. But there is also something nice about launching your franchise in shiny new diggs. The Ottawa Senators first couple of seasons were under the grandstands of a football stadium, which while wonderfully quirky in a 90s nostalgia kinda way, isn't exactly how you want to start out.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:23 pm
  • KK84 wrote:An article with way too early GM candidates speculation

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/red-wings-ken-holland-among-possible-seattle-gm-candidates/

That is a good little find ! I would be very happy to get GM that has a good rep. I don't know much of the NHL staff or even players right now but I am looking forward to diving in once we have a franchise for sure.

On a side note I went with a buddy to the Tbirds game on Sunday and even though we lost it was a lot of fun and had been far too long since I got out to a game.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 am
  • Brett wrote:
    KK84 wrote:An article with way too early GM candidates speculation

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/red-wings-ken-holland-among-possible-seattle-gm-candidates/

That is a good little find ! I would be very happy to get GM that has a good rep. I don't know much of the NHL staff or even players right now but I am looking forward to diving in once we have a franchise for sure.

On a side note I went with a buddy to the Tbirds game on Sunday and even though we lost it was a lot of fun and had been far too long since I got out to a game.

Bonderman and Bruckheimer have been waiting a long time to get their hockey club, they're not going to mess around. I expect them to go after a big name GM and coach.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Brett wrote:
    KK84 wrote:An article with way too early GM candidates speculation

Bonderman and Bruckheimer have been waiting a long time to get their hockey club, they're not going to mess around. I expect them to go after a big name GM and coach.

I sure hope so, and I sure as hell hope they come up with a team name that does not suck!
    Brett
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 pm
  • Looks like OVG has a site up with a hype video, a mailing list sign up, a season ticket faq, and a timer counting down to March 1st.
    It's almost time to show the NHL they need to be here!

https://www.nhlseattle.com/
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm
  • KK84 wrote:Looks like OVG has a site up with a hype video, a mailing list sign up, a season ticket faq, and a timer counting down to March 1st.

That video has me so freaking pumped. I'm ready to start hammering people.

But after seeing deposit prices -- $500 per ticket for season tickets, $1,000 per ticket for club season tickets -- I'm gonna just opt to purchase tickets from someone.

Exciting stuff!
    GO HAWKS!
    seaky12
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm
  • seaky12 wrote:
    KK84 wrote:Looks like OVG has a site up with a hype video, a mailing list sign up, a season ticket faq, and a timer counting down to March 1st.

That video has me so freaking pumped. I'm ready to start hammering people.

But after seeing deposit prices -- $500 per ticket for season tickets, $1,000 per ticket for club season tickets -- I'm gonna just opt to purchase tickets from someone.

Exciting stuff!

Yeah $500 seems like a lot for a deposit, but I imagine it's the right price to make sure only people who are serious about getting season tix apply.

I predict Seattle smashes the 10k mark Vegas used as a barometer for fan interest.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Blade Runners

I assume the estate of Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott and Warner Brothers would have a problem with this...........but I betcha there are thousands of youth hockey teams with this name.

All those youth hockey team names will be lost in copyright lawsuits, like tears in rain.

Couldn't help myself.

Honestly I'm super pumped about this entire NHL to Seattle situation. I didn't grow up playing hockey or watching it much, but holy cow is it an awesome spectator sport. I went to a few Americans games as a kid and have been to dozens of Wenatchee Wild games (used to be NAHL, currently in the BCHL) since they came to town. Even watching these kids who are prepping for college/semi-pro level play is a blast.

Really interested to see how this continues. I'd love to put money down for a ticket package/season tickets, but it's likely to be a bit pricier than I can afford right now. $500 sounds about right for deposits.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information