NHL Seattle Hockey club

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I've seen every level of hockey there is, from minor leagues to NHL, playoff games, and even Olympic hockey. It's a fantastic sport, and I can't wait for Seattle to get a team! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29812t6j said:
gowazzu02":29812t6j said:
Hockey, Im very excited for, It's a dirty secret of mine every year around June. I get sucked into the playoffs. I love the game. Honestly I hardly ever watch regular season hockey so interested to see that when we get a team. ...

NHL playoff hockey is incredible, probably the best playoff intensity and excitement sport of all the major sports.

Can't even imagine if we got a team how awesome the playoffs would be.

btw, anyone who isn't excited for the NHL?................all I ask is for them to see a match in person, it's a great spectator sport.

:ditto:

I've been watching hockey since 2014 due to the Olympics and the subsequent Stanley Cup Playoffs. It sounds pretty cliche when you hear people say that the Stanley Cup Playoffs is on a different level and watch that before forming an opinion... but it is every word the truth.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Playoff hockey is incredible. The emotions, intensity and feelings over a couple weeks is like the equivalent of if the NFC Championship vs the 49ers was a best of 3 or something, it's hard to quantify.

The expansion draft rules have really allowed Vegas to be competitive out the gate, too competitive to draft a superstar ironically.

I do disagree with those who don't think the NBA product is good right now. The parity isn't there, but the talent level has never been higher. You can turn on a random week night game and watch absolutely excellent wide open basketball with the best athletes the league has ever seen. The NBA right now is to be appreciated at the micro level and the ability to enjoy each game in a vacuum on it's own merits, as opposed to thinking macro level about championship implications. You can turn on a random Utah v Milwaukee or something and be thoroughly entertained.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kobebryant":vj3ofbk2 said:
Playoff hockey is incredible. The emotions, intensity and feelings over a couple weeks is like the equivalent of if the NFC Championship vs the 49ers was a best of 3 or something, it's hard to quantify.

The expansion draft rules have really allowed Vegas to be competitive out the gate, too competitive to draft a superstar ironically.

I do disagree with those who don't think the NBA product is good right now. The parity isn't there, but the talent level has never been higher. You can turn on a random week night game and watch absolutely excellent wide open basketball with the best athletes the league has ever seen. The NBA right now is to be appreciated at the micro level and the ability to enjoy each game in a vacuum on it's own merits, as opposed to thinking macro level about championship implications. You can turn on a random Utah v Milwaukee or something and be thoroughly entertained.
Parity and the decades old officiating problems plague the NBA product badly in my eyes. ....and Stern and Stern Jr (Silver) can go screw themselves!

I might be biased but the NHL will be a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch on a regular basis.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":x3fguajm said:
kobebryant":x3fguajm said:

Parity and the decades old officiating problems plague the NBA product badly in my eyes. ....and Stern and Stern Jr (Silver) can go screw themselves!

I might be biased but the NHL will be a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch on a regular basis.

Oh, absolutely the NHL is more enjoyable and I'd be way more pumped about a hockey team in Seattle rather than the NBA (probably because I'm a diehard Lakers fan).

NBA reffing is garbage absolutely, and I don't blame Seattle basketball fans one bit for bailing on the league because of the powers that be. But the on court talent and product is the best it has ever been, and these new dudes are so petty and sensitive that it almost adds some WWE drama to the product. As far as a parity, you can go back as far as the 80s to most individual seasons and know going in that the champs were going to be either the Celtics,Lakers,Pistons,Bulls,Spurs,Lakers,Heat,Warriors (aside from Hakeem's Rockets, Mavs, Cavs, Billups Pistons, KG's Celtics). So I'm not sure a lack of parity is anything new.

And really, is anyone going to be surprised if it's the Penguins again in the NHL?

Brett

Reaction score
So I just happened across this article on Facebook, it says that the OVG group registered 13 interenet domains yesterday I believe. Here are the names they listed followed by the link to the article.

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

https://www.detroithockey.net/news/2018 ... ns-kraken/

BRING THE NHL TO SEATTLE !!!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Brett":2ho45tb1 said:
So I just happened across this article on Facebook, it says that the OVG group registered 13 interenet domains yesterday I believe. Here are the names they listed followed by the link to the article.

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Some very cool options there, and some that will be dropped fairly quickly I'm sure.

How about add an 'r' to Whales and bring the name, colors, logo and brass bonanza in from Hartford.

Brett

Reaction score
kobebryant":35r6sjqp said:
Brett":35r6sjqp said:

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Some very cool options there, and some that will be dropped fairly quickly I'm sure.

How about add an 'r' to Whales and bring the name, colors, logo and brass bonanza in from Hartford.

I really like the idea of the "Thunderhawks" It kinda has the Thunderbirds and Seahawks combined.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Brett":10yajkm2 said:

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Whales shouldn't even be an option. There is already a team named the "Whalers" which makes "Whales" dumb for multiple reasons. If you're going to basically steal something from another team I would say just go with "Orcas" with a big F-U to the Canucks and their fans and get that rivalry started with a blast...

Man I'm actually really disappointed in that entire list overall. I really hope those are not the only names they are considering! :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DJrmb":iaqfb9m4 said:
Man I'm actually really disappointed in that entire list overall. I really hope those are not the only names they are considering! :pukeface:

Seals, Sockeyes and Totems are good............but the rest? Yikes.

Totems is my favorite if I had to pick.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DJrmb":37l4lksn said:
Brett":37l4lksn said:

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Whales shouldn't even be an option. There is already a team named the "Whalers" which makes "Whales" dumb for multiple reasons. If you're going to basically steal something from another team I would say just go with "Orcas" with a big F-U to the Canucks and their fans and get that rivalry started with a blast...

I'm pretty sure the rest of the names they like are already domain names that are taken and would have to be purchased.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Brett":3aw81bbg said:

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

I favor the Evergreens. It doesn't sound generic and rather unique. But some of these are flat-out awful and sounds like they were poached from the create a team mode in a video game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We just can't get away from the Blue and Green huh?

chris98251

Reaction score
It would have to be this image though, the City has changed since 1917.

popular-sayings-collection-1-009.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ues0qso said:
It would have to be the Seattle Metropolitans wouldn't it? I mean theres history already there.

No, it doesn't have to be.......and I hope it's not.

I get that there's history, but naming a team after another team from 100 years ago that won the Cup only because the other teams couldn't travel cause of the plague or something isn't a reason to go with the same name.

Plus everyone would call them the Mets, and that's a baseball team.

Totems
Steelhead
Sockeyes

Those are the leaders in the clubhouse. Also not sure bout the color scheme cause Vancouver already has this color scheme. Gonna have to change it up.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1k09t7kk said:
It would have to be the Seattle Metropolitans wouldn't it? I mean theres history already there.

Not much of a history.

Some team won a cup here a hundred years ago? Why are we tied to that? No one has a connection to that name or team anymore really. That team was only around for like 7 or 8 years I think.

Lets move on and name them something better, IMHO.

I've asked this before on Twitter, and no one seems to have an answer. In what way does 'Metropolitans' have a connection to Seattle or the PNW? What does that name even mean?

And do you really want to be called the Metros? :?