Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm
  • I know there's a lot of opposition to anything fish, but if you look at the Ryan Muraro 2011 Seattle Sockeyes mock-up (several posts prior to this), I love the colors and the sockeye looks badass. But again, the colors -- they are BOLD and AGGRESSIVE.

Kraken would be an interesting name, but if you compare Muraro's reddish-orange, green, and blue Sockeyes kit mock-up to Josh Crookston's blue/green/white Kraken kit mock-up, I think you'll readily see that the latter looks incredibly tame in comparison.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 pm
  • Ruminator wrote:I know there's a lot of opposition to anything fish, but if you look at the Ryan Muraro 2011 Seattle Sockeyes mock-up (several posts prior to this), I love the colors and the sockeye looks badass. But again, the colors -- they are BOLD and AGGRESSIVE.

Kraken would be an interesting name, but if you compare Muraro's reddish-orange, green, and blue Sockeyes kit mock-up to Josh Crookston's blue/green/white Kraken kit mock-up, I think you'll readily see that the latter looks incredibly tame in comparison.

Can we have a bold and aggressive uniform without using red? Red is just so not PNW to me. All the teams we route against and hate wear red (49ers, Cardinals, Texas Rangers, Angels). If anything red is Anti-Pacific Northwest...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 pm
  • The Sockeye mock-up does look good, but agree with the too much red.

Hard to get red into a team from the PNW. Maybe were just so used to blues, greens and greys.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The Sockeye mock-up does look good, but agree with the too much red.

Hard to get red into a team from the PNW. Maybe were just so used to blues, greens and greys.

Arn't spawning sockeye red?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:The Sockeye mock-up does look good, but agree with the too much red.

So then we'd be a pregnant fish? Uhh, no thanks...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The Sockeye mock-up does look good, but agree with the too much red.

The SuperSonics wore red uniforms in the 90s -

I'd like to see other colors being used.....I'm tried of everything pro sports being either green or blue. Another color mix would be nice.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:The Sockeye mock-up does look good, but agree with the too much red.

So then we'd be a pregnant fish? Uhh, no thanks...

Well.. they are not all pregy.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:01 am
  • I don't mind red. Why does everything in Seattle has to be blue or green? Those are kinda played out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:I don't mind red. Why does everything in Seattle has to be blue or green? Those are kinda played out to me.

[b][/b The only thing red in Seattle is when red tide happens.
    Red is for the Cardinals,Reds and Red Sox ect.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:29 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    DHawk wrote:Love the Aviators! Would like to see some different color schemes for it too. Wow!

Yeah I'd personally like to see the Action Green worked in a bit from the Seahawks/Sounders colors. Not a lot just enough as a statement of unity...

alright this is just awesome. But knowing Seattle they wouldn't want this particular guy as the logo
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:I don't mind red. Why does everything in Seattle has to be blue or green? Those are kinda played out to me.

[b][/b The only thing red in Seattle is when red tide happens.
    Red is for the Cardinals,Reds and Red Sox ect.
    idc that blue and green is played out.

dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm
  • you guys are so cute, you are going to spend 600m to gold plate a dumpster? has anyone committed to paying the expansion/application fee yet? :P
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:you guys are so cute, you are going to spend 600m to gold plate a dumpster? has anyone committed to paying the expansion/application fee yet? :P

Yea, the expansion application is for the David Bonderman and Jerry Bruckheimer ownership group. It's not an open application, its specifically for that group. So I assume they'll be paying it once awarded the expansion franchise.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Has the Seattle group payed the 10 million expansion application fee yet? I would love to see the NHL in the Northwest, I would prefer Portland :P but I would be a fan for either city, I just wonder how committed they really are
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm
  • I think they're 100% committed. They've been involved int he KeyArena renovation the whole time as well.

Its not a coincidence that once the city approved the MOU for the Key renovation, the next day the NHL announced they can fill out the expansion team application.

I think behind the scenes, this is all done and inevitable.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 pm
  • Can't they get it earlier and just play in Portland or BC for a year.. like some other franchises have done in the past?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Can't they get it earlier and just play in Portland or BC for a year.. like some other franchises have done in the past?

Have there been expansion franchises that have played in other states and countries?

I could see the Tacoma Dome, that holds 20k. But if you're the new ownership group, why rush it? Gotta lay the groundwork for your entire organizational structure, that can take years.

Head coach, GM, assistants, scouts, internal offices like marketing to start promoting, advertising and selling season tix, etc.

Anyway, no reason to rush this IMO. Let's do it right so we hit the ground running.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:you guys are so cute, you are going to spend 600m to gold plate a dumpster? has anyone committed to paying the expansion/application fee yet? :P

Yea, the expansion application is for the David Bonderman and Jerry Bruckheimer ownership group. It's not an open application, its specifically for that group. So I assume they'll be paying it once awarded the expansion franchise.

So the people in the state of Washington and King County taxpayers will not have to pay for anything but tickets to watch games correct?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:you guys are so cute, you are going to spend 600m to gold plate a dumpster? has anyone committed to paying the expansion/application fee yet? :P

So the people in the state of Washington and King County taxpayers will not have to pay for anything but tickets to watch games correct?

Yep, and tens of millions for traffic mitigation.

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local ... -473972650

As much as I was rooting for Hansen, give Lieweke and the OVG group credit. They understood the political situation, came in and kicked some serious ass to get this done.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

Yep, and tens of millions for traffic mitigation.

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local ... -473972650

As much as I was rooting for Hansen, give Lieweke and the OVG group credit. They understood the political situation, came in and kicked some serious ass to get this done.

Yep. IMHO CH was too nice, and the Seattle CC took advantage of that.
    Leiweke knew how to play the political game that’s why his plan succeeded.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 am
  • If anyone needed another reason Not to go with the "Seattle Sockeyes":

Davenport — a best-selling author based in Western Washington — has filed to trademark the name “Seattle Sockeyes,” as well as for another fictional football team she writes about, the “Seattle Steelheads.” She’s also written about a “Seattle Skookums” baseball team. But she has only filed to protect the name in her books — it won’t prevent a sports team from using the title.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/387801/seattle-sockeyes-romance/
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information