Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

US Mens Soccer

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm
  • Thanks Seatown
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:42 am
  • The U-17s crash out in the quarters, losing 4-1 to England.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 am
  • If you're like me and have a definite interest in the future of the USMNT but don't really have a clue about the possible player pool, allow me to recommend the following. Reddit user putcoolusernamehere has been posting player pool breakdowns by position over at r/ussoccer. So far he's done goalkeeper, right back, and center back. Links are below.

    goalkeepers
    right backs
    center backs
    left backs
    central midfield
    CAM
    wingers
    strikers
    Last edited by SeatownJay on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm
  • Fantastic Seatown. Will you add the other positions to your list as they become available?

    I’ve coached against 6 of the guys on those lists
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Fantastic Seatown. Will you add the other positions to your list as they become available?

    I’ve coached against 6 of the guys on those lists

    Yep. Just edited it to add left backs, which he posted today.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am
  • Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

    Player (club, caps/goals)
    Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge; 1/0)

    Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham; 26/1), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United; 48/0)

    Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town; 22/2)

    Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen; 0/0)
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 am
  • A youth movement, an expansion of the pool to see more players and a well deserved rest for some of the regulars who are key parts of their foreign club teams.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

    Player (club, caps/goals)
    Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge; 1/0)

    Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham; 26/1), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United; 48/0)

    Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town; 22/2)

    Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen; 0/0)


    Interesting that they didn't include Pulisic and Bobby Wood. Couple of young guys that should be in mix. Honestly, I'd rather them play than Juan Agudelo or Sapong (he's 29 yrs old).
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7298
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:46 pm
  • I've added central midfield to the list of positional breakdowns.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

    Player (club, caps/goals)
    Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge; 1/0)

    Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham; 26/1), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United; 48/0)

    Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town; 22/2)

    Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen; 0/0)


    Interesting that they didn't include Pulisic and Bobby Wood. Couple of young guys that should be in mix. Honestly, I'd rather them play than Juan Agudelo or Sapong (he's 29 yrs old).


    Meaningless friendlies at this point so giving two of your young stars a break from club and country makes sense
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I've added central midfield to the list of positional breakdowns.


    This is a list with a lot of hope and promise. So many young players mixed with international clubs and in MLS.

    Keep an eye on Jackson Yuell, San Jose.

    Minnesota kid.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm
  • Been out of town for a few days but I've updated the breakdown list with CAMs and wingers.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:

    And apparently USSoccer is now looking into the possibility of hosting Italy, Chile, Ghana, and others for a series of friendlies next Summer before the World Cup.



    Whoever is doing the list does a great job

    CAMs: ugh. Bleak list. Encouraging that so many players are challenging themselves outside MLS
    Wingers: little better. Lots of talented players spread out across the world

    4 more kids I’ve had the chance to coach against (including 2 15 year olds).
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    I'm not losing my mind over this. I obviously wanted them to qualify. I also hoped that Arenas would submit a resignation today either way so the program, free of the concerns over qualification, could move forward in the way Klinsmann saw. Hoping the results finally spur that along anyways.


    My guess is Gulati is forced out first, then the search will begin for the next manager.

    No way in hell either stays, or at least they shouldn't. This is Gulati's failure first, he should be the first to go.

    The question is do we replace Arena quickly? Or wait until after the WC so we can go after a higher profile more successful manager? That usually means someone who's in the middle of managing another country in the WC.


    Arenas will be the first to go, and there should be no hurry to replace him. However, what should take place is an overhaul at the younger age groups. Start promoting top, young American coaches (Caleb Porter) and move them into positions of greater influence. .


    So Caleb Porter just out of nowhere resigned as coach of the Timbers. Any chance he's getting the National coach job?

    http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index ... ut_as.html
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23921
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 am
  • Decent chance. But I don’t think the national team is doing anything there until at least after the election in February and maybe not even until after the World Cup. I still the US is looking for a bigger name (right ow wrong, I don’t know I like Porter though. Would be a big move for a 42 year old)

    So if Porter did resign for a post with the National team it could mean its not the first team job. He may be eyeing up something in Europe, but hard to say with all those leagues in mid-season.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    So Caleb Porter just out of nowhere resigned as coach of the Timbers. Any chance he's getting the National coach job?

    http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index ... ut_as.html


    As much as Klinsmann was kinda a pain in the ass within the US Soccer Federation, IMO that's the kind of manager they'll go after, a big foreign manager that's not going to play favorites like a stateside manager might and whip this program into shape.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    So Caleb Porter just out of nowhere resigned as coach of the Timbers. Any chance he's getting the National coach job?

    http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index ... ut_as.html


    As much as Klinsmann was kinda a pain in the ass within the US Soccer Federation, IMO that's the kind of manager they'll go after, a big foreign manager that's not going to play favorites like a stateside manager might and whip this program into shape.


    That's possibly what they should do. But if Gulati is still president it is not what they will do. the USSF and its partners have made it quite clear the primary objective is making money.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm
  • Updated the player pool breakdown post with the last position group, strikers.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm
  • I don't know why it took so long, but the US is finally, for the first time, holding a youth national team camp that comprises all of the youth rosters, from U-16 through U-20. Hopefully this can become a regular thing. Full rosters are listed at the link.

    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/1 ... ingle-camp
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:30 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I don't know why it took so long, but the US is finally, for the first time, holding a youth national team camp that comprises all of the youth rosters, from U-16 through U-20. Hopefully this can become a regular thing. Full rosters are listed at the link.

    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/1 ... ingle-camp



    Good find. I imagine it has alot to do with the newly imposed winter breaks the DAs take (MLS idea).

    Side note, coached against 5 of those boys. Excited to see so many American kids playing abroad at a young age as well.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 am

Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Well, this is disappointing.

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-state ... ay-sources


    Yeah... the USMNT need players of his caliber in that position. It was handled poorly on their end.

    But... if they made the damned WC he would be in camp in January. That's more to do with it. As soon as he suits up for Mexico this summer his name will end up on transfer lists all over Europe
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 am
  • Speaking of the January camp, the roster was just announced.

    U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):
    GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 4/0), Cody Cropper (New England Revolution; 0/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 0/0)

    DEFENDERS (9): Danny Acosta (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Justin Morrow (Toronto FC/CAN; 3/0), Ike Opara (Sporting Kansas City; 0/0), Tim Parker (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN; 0/0), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire; 1/0), Walker Zimmerman (Los Angeles Football Club; 1/0)

    MIDFIELDERS (11): Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 1/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 15/2), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Marlon Hairston (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Ian Harkes (D.C. United; 0/0), Brooks Lennon (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 1/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 2/0), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy; 37/6)

    FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 27/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 4/2), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 24/5), Christian Ramirez (Minnesota United FC; 0/0), Rubio Rubin (Unattached; 4/0), CJ Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 3/0)

    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2018/0 ... nuary-camp
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm
  • basically the "who isn't playing in Europe" camp.

    Love to see Cropper's name up there though. Good on him
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 pm
  • U.S. loses Jonathan Gonzales to Mexico. Terrible news, one of the bright young stars that's spend his entire youth in the U.S. system.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soc ... 83421ac965

    But this is what happens when you clean house and don't have an expressed lined out direction on where the program is going, or who's going to lead it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:U.S. loses Jonathan Gonzales to Mexico. Terrible news, one of the bright young stars that's spend his entire youth in the U.S. system.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soc ... 83421ac965

    But this is what happens when you clean house and don't have an expressed lined out direction on where the program is going, or who's going to lead it.



    addressed up the thread a bit...

    He seems pretty bent out of shape over not being communicated with regarding the November call out. He was left off to continue his play with his club team (reasonable). The lack of communication is poor.

    I believe the USMNT has a direction, and is pretty aware of who will be leading it. National teams go through transitions like this all the time (how many England coaches have there been since you started watching the World cup? 4? 5? How about France? Brazil? Italy?)

    Gonzales chose Mexico for one of two reasons: a. he really was upset he wasnt informed as to why he wasn't being called up. 2. he is being told he will be with the big club this Summer.

    Im leaning 2. Which is fair to him. He may have aspirations of being noticed and getting a job at a bigger club
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:U.S. loses Jonathan Gonzales to Mexico. Terrible news, one of the bright young stars that's spend his entire youth in the U.S. system.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soc ... 83421ac965

    But this is what happens when you clean house and don't have an expressed lined out direction on where the program is going, or who's going to lead it.



    addressed up the thread a bit...

    He seems pretty bent out of shape over not being communicated with regarding the November call out. He was left off to continue his play with his club team (reasonable). The lack of communication is poor.

    I believe the USMNT has a direction, and is pretty aware of who will be leading it. National teams go through transitions like this all the time (how many England coaches have there been since you started watching the World cup? 4? 5? How about France? Brazil? Italy?)

    Gonzales chose Mexico for one of two reasons: a. he really was upset he wasnt informed as to why he wasn't being called up. 2. he is being told he will be with the big club this Summer.

    Im leaning 2. Which is fair to him. He may have aspirations of being noticed and getting a job at a bigger club


    The lack of communication and frustration of Gonzales's non call up IS a microcosm of why he left. We're dragging our feet on the new manager until the president elections are finished.

    Which should be the way it goes, you always want your new president to be forefront in the manager search.......................but this is bad timing for the program moving forward a Mexico gets ready to go to the World Cup.

    And not sure how you can say the USMNT has a direction when there's no one at the controls right now, president or manager.

    This happens even when you're program is healthy, so it's not the end of days. Just frustrating to see a bright young talent that's spend his entire youth career in our system leave for our biggest rival.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm
  • Claudio Reyna and Tab Ramos have been directing the program for 6 years. The Senior team is its own entity. You’re throwing way too much weight on the head coach. That’s not why this kid left and it’s not the issue with the program.

    These programs go through head coach and director changes all the time. Big countries and small. And players makes these changes all the time.

    You want to pin this on something.. it’s not having a World Cup. That’s frustrating as hell. Losing players because the senior squad sucks is frustrating. Hiring a crap manager who doesn't represent the vision the players are pushing is frustrating. I think exciting times are on the horizon. But without the tournament payout, players like this kid will be tough to keep.

    6 months and everyone is back at the same spot.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 am

Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Interesting and funny piece Deadspin did on Pulisic now being courted by EPL clubs.

    https://deadspin.com/manchester-united- ... 1821995062

    Haisley has a point don't you think?


    He would be an awful fit at Manchester United. He would be a great fit at Arsenal, Chelsea, City. He'd be a fantastic fit at Liverpool or Spurs.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 am
  • Spounge84 wrote:Carlos Cordeiro was elected as the next President of the USSF.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/10/spor ... ction.html

    I'm withholding judgment until I see who he hires to be the GMs of the men's and women's programs.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Spounge84 wrote:Carlos Cordeiro was elected as the next President of the USSF.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/10/spor ... ction.html

    I'm withholding judgment until I see who he hires to be the GMs of the men's and women's programs.


    Me too, but Cordeiro was the right hand man for Gulati, so I'm not overly confident that this is the monumental philosophical shift that a lot of people were looking for.

    But yes, we'll see.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm
  • This is no shift at all.

    The next coach will tell everything about the near future of the men’s program. However, the future will be left to the DAs a d affiliations.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:30 am

Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Re: US Mens Soccer
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:41 am
  • Here's the squad that's been named for the friendly against Paraguay on the 27th. Lots of youth here, but no Pulisic.

    U.S. squad by position (club; caps/goals)
    Goalkeepers: Alex Bono (Toronto FC; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 5/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 1/0)
    Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Ipswich Town; 1/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 4/1), Shaq Moore (Levante; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Kortrijk; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers; 0/0), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 15/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle; 49/0)
    Midfielders: Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 1/1), Darlington Nagbe (Atlanta United; 24/1), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 2/0), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht; 1/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 3/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; 0/0)
    Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Telstar; 0/0), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana; 4/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg; 36/10)
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed May 09, 2018 5:13 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:There is a report that the USMNT has been invited to play in the 2019 Copa America.

    https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/copa- ... 019-brazil

    Turns out that both Mexico and the US were invited to the 2019 Copa America and both squads turned it down to concentrate on the 2019 Gold Cup. Apparently both tournaments are scheduled at the same time and neither Mexico or the US felt comfortable sending a B team to Brazil.

    "We are obliged to send our A team to the Gold Cup because we belong to CONCACAF. They did not agree with the dates so with both tournaments to be played at the same time, our only option will be to send a B team without our main coaching staff to play Copa America," said a source from the Mexican Federation to ESPN.

    "You can imagine, if with our best players it's difficult to face Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, etc., with a B team without even being able to take the coach, that will be much more difficult. Also neither Liga MX, MLS nor the European leagues will lend us their players for two international tournaments in the summer. And I said it again, we are obliged to participate in the tournaments organised by our confederation with our best team".


    http://www.espn.com/soccer/copa-america ... can-squads
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sun May 20, 2018 8:02 am
  • USMNT has announced the roster for next week's friendly against Bolivia.

    Detailed Roster by Position (Club; Caps/Goals)
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0)
    DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 2/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 5/1), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City/ENG; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 16/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 2/0)
    MIDFIELDERS (9): Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/MEX; 20/3), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 3/0), Julian Green (Stuttgart/GER; 8/3), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana/MEX; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Keaton Parks (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/9), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 5/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 1/0)
    FORWARDS (2): Andrija Novakovich (Reading/ENG; 1/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 0/0)
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:USMNT has announced the roster for next week's friendly against Bolivia.

    Detailed Roster by Position (Club; Caps/Goals)
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0)
    DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 2/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 5/1), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City/ENG; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 16/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 2/0)
    MIDFIELDERS (9): Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/MEX; 20/3), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 3/0), Julian Green (Stuttgart/GER; 8/3), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana/MEX; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Keaton Parks (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/9), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 5/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 1/0)
    FORWARDS (2): Andrija Novakovich (Reading/ENG; 1/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 0/0)


    Gotta be the youngest roster we've ever run out right?

    I like it, out with the old and let's start the next chapter of USMNT.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed May 23, 2018 9:28 am
  • The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    also good to see all the players who are with, well, non-MLS teams. Understandably the MLS players are not available. But that's still a strong list of players contracted with some very good clubs
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed May 23, 2018 10:29 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    You don't think next Summer's Gold Cup is meaningful?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu May 24, 2018 3:11 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    You don't think next Summer's Gold Cup is meaningful?


    I think Workd Cup qualifying is the only thing that matters now. Anything is only prep and only interesting to see the new faces together.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu May 24, 2018 5:40 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    You don't think next Summer's Gold Cup is meaningful?


    I think Workd Cup qualifying is the only thing that matters now. Anything is only prep and only interesting to see the new faces together.

    I look at it a little differently. Winning the 2019 Gold Cup guarantees the US a spot in the 2021 Confederations Cup, which means more meaningful games against quality international sides before the 2022 World Cup.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10227
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu May 24, 2018 7:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    You don't think next Summer's Gold Cup is meaningful?


    I think Workd Cup qualifying is the only thing that matters now. Anything is only prep and only interesting to see the new faces together.



    Mostly agree. But when you're in the middle of a total rebuilt for a national program...........every tournament matters. For talent evaluation, high pressure situations to see how players respond together, and most importantly momentum.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu May 24, 2018 7:43 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The old is done. This group has 2 years to gel before they start playing meaningful games.

    You don't think next Summer's Gold Cup is meaningful?


    I think World Cup qualifying is the only thing that matters now. Anything is only prep and only interesting to see the new faces together.



    Mostly agree. But when you're in the middle of a total rebuilt for a national program...........every tournament matters. For talent evaluation, high pressure situations to see how players respond together, and most importantly momentum.


    yeah.. like i said... it's prep. i mean it matters as much as every training session they do does as well.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am
  • Other than Pulisic looking like he couldn't wait for his off season to start, first match couldn't have gone any better.

    Some great young players to get excited about. Loved the energy.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Other than Pulisic looking like he couldn't wait for his off season to start, first match couldn't have gone any better.

    Some great young players to get excited about. Loved the energy.



    Wasnt bad...

    now get all those kids back to their host clubs so they can keep getting better.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests