Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

US Mens Soccer

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm
  • Thanks Seatown
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:42 am
  • The U-17s crash out in the quarters, losing 4-1 to England.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 am
  • If you're like me and have a definite interest in the future of the USMNT but don't really have a clue about the possible player pool, allow me to recommend the following. Reddit user putcoolusernamehere has been posting player pool breakdowns by position over at r/ussoccer. So far he's done goalkeeper, right back, and center back. Links are below.

goalkeepers
    right backs
    center backs
    left backs
    central midfield
    CAM
    wingers
    strikers
    Last edited by SeatownJay on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm
  • Fantastic Seatown. Will you add the other positions to your list as they become available?

I’ve coached against 6 of the guys on those lists
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Fantastic Seatown. Will you add the other positions to your list as they become available?

I’ve coached against 6 of the guys on those lists

Yep. Just edited it to add left backs, which he posted today.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am
  • Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

Player (club, caps/goals)
    Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge; 1/0)

Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham; 26/1), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United; 48/0)

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town; 22/2)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen; 0/0)

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 am
  • A youth movement, an expansion of the pool to see more players and a well deserved rest for some of the regulars who are key parts of their foreign club teams.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge; 1/0)

Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham; 26/1), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United; 48/0)

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town; 22/2)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen; 0/0)

Interesting that they didn't include Pulisic and Bobby Wood. Couple of young guys that should be in mix. Honestly, I'd rather them play than Juan Agudelo or Sapong (he's 29 yrs old).
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:46 pm
  • I've added central midfield to the list of positional breakdowns.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Here's the roster for next week's friendly at Portugal. Definitely a youth movement.

Interesting that they didn't include Pulisic and Bobby Wood. Couple of young guys that should be in mix. Honestly, I'd rather them play than Juan Agudelo or Sapong (he's 29 yrs old).

Meaningless friendlies at this point so giving two of your young stars a break from club and country makes sense
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I've added central midfield to the list of positional breakdowns.

This is a list with a lot of hope and promise. So many young players mixed with international clubs and in MLS.

Keep an eye on Jackson Yuell, San Jose.

Minnesota kid.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm
  • Been out of town for a few days but I've updated the breakdown list with CAMs and wingers.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:

And apparently USSoccer is now looking into the possibility of hosting Italy, Chile, Ghana, and others for a series of friendlies next Summer before the World Cup.

Whoever is doing the list does a great job

CAMs: ugh. Bleak list. Encouraging that so many players are challenging themselves outside MLS
    Wingers: little better. Lots of talented players spread out across the world

4 more kids I’ve had the chance to coach against (including 2 15 year olds).
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    I'm not losing my mind over this. I obviously wanted them to qualify. I also hoped that Arenas would submit a resignation today either way so the program, free of the concerns over qualification, could move forward in the way Klinsmann saw. Hoping the results finally spur that along anyways.

My guess is Gulati is forced out first, then the search will begin for the next manager.

No way in hell either stays, or at least they shouldn't. This is Gulati's failure first, he should be the first to go.

The question is do we replace Arena quickly? Or wait until after the WC so we can go after a higher profile more successful manager? That usually means someone who's in the middle of managing another country in the WC.

Arenas will be the first to go, and there should be no hurry to replace him. However, what should take place is an overhaul at the younger age groups. Start promoting top, young American coaches (Caleb Porter) and move them into positions of greater influence. .

So Caleb Porter just out of nowhere resigned as coach of the Timbers. Any chance he's getting the National coach job?

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index ... ut_as.html
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 am
  • Decent chance. But I don’t think the national team is doing anything there until at least after the election in February and maybe not even until after the World Cup. I still the US is looking for a bigger name (right ow wrong, I don’t know I like Porter though. Would be a big move for a 42 year old)

So if Porter did resign for a post with the National team it could mean its not the first team job. He may be eyeing up something in Europe, but hard to say with all those leagues in mid-season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    So Caleb Porter just out of nowhere resigned as coach of the Timbers. Any chance he's getting the National coach job?

As much as Klinsmann was kinda a pain in the ass within the US Soccer Federation, IMO that's the kind of manager they'll go after, a big foreign manager that's not going to play favorites like a stateside manager might and whip this program into shape.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

As much as Klinsmann was kinda a pain in the ass within the US Soccer Federation, IMO that's the kind of manager they'll go after, a big foreign manager that's not going to play favorites like a stateside manager might and whip this program into shape.

That's possibly what they should do. But if Gulati is still president it is not what they will do. the USSF and its partners have made it quite clear the primary objective is making money.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm
  • Updated the player pool breakdown post with the last position group, strikers.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information