Does Throwdowns favorite return to Cleveland?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • There is big rumblings going on that point to James returning to Cleveland..PBT says his inner circle including his wife want him to go back...They are all from Akron,OH which is very close by..His kids are enrolled for School there this year from what my wife says..(She's from Akron herself) she knows people that know things ...It may be a backup thing so it's not set in stone of course ..If he does return I'll be a fan of his again.I thought before was a" chicken bleep" move..A lot of people wonder why he'd go back besides family and I'm going to use part of a post where the stats seem to show this might be a great move..[b]All of your post are vastly underestimating Lebron James & the Cavs current roster.

Kyire Irving is a straight up star. Is he good enough to carry a team into the playoffs year by year? Meybe not, but guess what…there’s only about 5 players in the entire league who can.

Lebron won 50 games & got to the Finals in 2007 with nothing but scrubs. In 2010 he won 61 games with Mo Williams as his second best player….lemme let that sink for a minute….MO WILLIAMS.

That same team with the only significant t departure being James won 19 games….19!

Now you’re trying to convince everyone that in an even weaker Eastern Conference than the won he played against with the Cavs that Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Andrew Wiggins & Dion Waiters plus James CANNOT compete for a title next season??? That theory is just completely void of logic man.

I haven’t even touched on the fact that they also have a great shot at trading for Kevin Love as well.

Here’s the WORST possible starting lineup for the Cavs with Lebron:

Varejao 8.4 ppg 9.7 rbs
    Thompson 11.7 ppg 9.2 rbs
    James 27.1 ppg 6.9 rbs
    Waiters 15.9 ppg 3.0 ast (or #1 pick Wiggins)
    Kyrie Irving 20.8 ppg 6.1 ast

That’s talent, size & youth. The Heat won 21 more games than the Cavs this past season. LBJ is good for 20 more wins on any team in this league.

Aside from all those factors you seem to be missing the biggest issue…the Heat. Simply put, they can’t put together a better team going forward than the Cavs can. It’s really not that hard to see…unless you’re a Heat “fan” of course[/b]
    Last edited by IndyHawk on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I dont get the bold. I think its a wait and see on Bosh really. If he goes to Houston its over. Bron bails.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I hope so, Miami is done. Wade is broken down, they don't have much of a supporting cast. It'd be the smart thing to leave IMO.

Cleveland has a very young and very good team. But Irving has had injury problems and an unproven guy in Wiggins, but Wiggins is a good player and a pretty dedicated defensive player, if his offensive game doesn't shine like I think it will (in time, it needs to develop), he's still going to be one the leagues best defenders.

There's also rumblings that Cleveland is trying to land Kevin Love in a trade, so it wouldn't surprise me to see guys like Waiters, and Thompson in Minnesota if it happens.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:I dont get the bold. I think its a wait and see on Bosh really. If he goes to Houston its over. Bron bails.

Got rid of the bold..Hope the color works better...If the Cavs get Love I'd say it's happening...Bosh can sign somewhere else for his overated contract and 1 leg Wade I think,just screwed himself...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• As bad as the original decision was, I really have to wonder how I could play for an owner who basically called me a coward and a worthless POS. Sure, as mature men we could sit at the table and work out our differences, but the Cavaliers just finally had the NBA purge the copy of the owner's rant from the Cavs website. I would be leery of the owner. Sometimes it is better to just leave things as they are.

People now willing to flop back if he comes back, what happens when he decides that in the end he isn't willing to go to Cleveland? Will they burn the remainder of the scorched jerseys they are breaking out now? This may be worse than the first time, to raise the Cavs fans hopes again, only to reject them a second time. I would imagine the death threats will rise again on LeBron.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• ^ He might be playing with fire. He will say he had no part in this but he isnt doing anything to squash it.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Chris Sheridan is reporting its a 90% chance of it happening, who knows with these sources though.

and while LeBron and Gilbert have a lot to iron out, its been said that LBJ's agent still has a good relationship with Gilbert.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I would like it if he did.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• drdiags wrote:As bad as the original decision was, I really have to wonder how I could play for an owner who basically called me a coward and a worthless POS. Sure, as mature men we could sit at the table and work out our differences, but the Cavaliers just finally had the NBA purge the copy of the owner's rant from the Cavs website. I would be leery of the owner. Sometimes it is better to just leave things as they are.

People now willing to flop back if he comes back, what happens when he decides that in the end he isn't willing to go to Cleveland? Will they burn the remainder of the scorched jerseys they are breaking out now? This may be worse than the first time, to raise the Cavs fans hopes again, only to reject them a second time. I would imagine the death threats will rise again on LeBron.

Fans have a short memory. Remember how Junior bent the Mariners over a barrell? Yet, the majority of fans welcomed him back with open arms.....plus LaBron still has plenty of game.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• Cleveland just dealt 3 contributors for nothing, IMO they don't make that without bron coming on board, or they're really really dumb.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Cleveland just dealt 3 contributors for nothing, IMO they don't make that without bron coming on board, or they're really really dumb.

Well, it IS Cleveland......................but yeah, I think he's going back.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I think he is going back and it will erase that blemish from before...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Looks like all signs are pointing to the return of the king to his kingdom.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Looks like all signs are pointing to the return of the king to his kingdom.

I see that 1 leg Wade is in Vegas trying to change James mind..I'm sure he only has 45 million reasons why..I can't wait to see what the Heat give Wade if anything,when the King of Cleveland returns...That was just stupid to opt out ..You got 1 leg and not getting younger..I just can't feel bad for the guy...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I really don't know wades reasoning for opting out, unless it was to take less to help keep James and Bosh. But in the event LeBron goes home and Bosh as a consequence ends up in Houston, what's the benefit to bringing back Wade? He's not healthy enough to be relied upon anymore.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Was reading the Deadspin article on Wade. They raise a point that Wade may have opted out to help the Heat bring back Bosh and LeBron, with some type of understanding that the Heat would sign Wade to a deal such that he gets $42M guaranteed only over more years. So he makes $10-$13M/yr for 4-5 years instead of $21M over the next two.

Otherwise, it made little sense for him to opt out with that amount of guaranteed money given up.

Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Makes sense, Wade was hanging with bron a lot yesterday, visited his basketball camp and then they flew back together to Miami, bron isn't stay though, he's going to Brazil here for the World Cup final, but we're gonna get the decision sometime this weekend they're saying.

From purely a basketball perspective, I don't see the benefit to staying in Miami. Wade's got maybe half a good knee, and being your teams only hope and prayer has gotta suck because the other "super star" can't stay on the court long enough to complete a quarter of play.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Bam! The king has returned!
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (79.35 KiB) Viewed 443 times
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• BOOM. Bosh to Rockets I hope.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:BOOM. Bosh to Rockets I hope.

Me too, it'd hopefully give fits to OKC... on paper help them vs the Spurs... On paper.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade rumors swirl about joining 'Bron on Cleveland, I don't think it'll happen, but I think there'll be some smoke.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Oh good. I really want Cleveland to be competitive again. I dont know though if titles will come with it though.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Nice !!The "King of Cleveland "is back...What happened when he left really pissed me off because I watched the kid when he was in High School..My wife went to the same school ect..We went to Cavs games before he got there..I kind of adopted the Cavs after the Sonics crap..Anyway He admited to his mistake(s) and the owner as well so everyone is happy including me...I can tear the freaking Lebron Heat fat boy down out of my boys room...I read the king wants Miller to join him.I believe Allen isn't far behind and Love trade talks are a go..If they get Love I like the Cavs chances already..With these posts I guess my NBA ban is over..I have to root for my adopted team with Throwdown's favorite player..Go Cavs!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Rumors are Kevin Love to Cleve.

Bosh now thinking about staying put. :-(
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Good for all involved. Good to hear the owner and LeBron let past deeds stay in the past. The Cleveland Cavs fans, though justifiably pissed when he left hopefully can come to grips with some of their past vitriol against him as well. I personally didn't think this had a chance in hell of happening, but it seems redemption for all is a possibility. Now he can raise his kids in Akron without the cloud of selling out his home state's NBA team.

Though he still has to do something about his Yankees and Cowboys love (j/k LymonHawk).
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.
    Beast Mode
    NET Rookie

• I am glad that LeBron went back, if only to bitch slap every fan who labels a player a villain for exercising his collectively bargained rights. All those people who burned his jersey four years ago must feel pretty silly right now.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Beast Mode wrote:Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.

I can't defend Gilbert, but that was a fan base that got poo'd on in front of the world.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Welp...
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (142.48 KiB) Viewed 314 times
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown- You need new threads man..I understand it won't have MJ's number anymore but..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    Beast Mode wrote:Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.

I can't defend Gilbert, but that was a fan base that got poo'd on in front of the world.

The letter thing is over DG apologized like a man to LJ face and LJ said he was wrong in the way he left ..They both have manned up and moved on..Thats how it should be .. :th2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Throwdown wrote:
    Beast Mode wrote:Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.

If anything the front office blew it for the LeBron and the fans. If they put some effort into assembling a team that was maybe even half as enticing as joining Bosh and Wade in Miami, maybe he would have stayed in Cleveland. But that's probably been discussed a million times lol. Honestly, I blame ESPN and the whole sports media for the endless LeBron and Jordan comparisons, marketing the hell out of "the decision", and then later vilifying him for wanting a legitimate chance to win a championship. I wouldn't be surprised too if the media hype played a factor in his return to Cleveland; There's just way too many different parties who feel entitled to LeBron James in some way. I dunno about you guys, but it all gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

But if it were up to me, I wish LeBron would go West. That's where the real competition is at. The NBA should just double down and disaband the East, it used to be competitive but lately they've just been...the East. But, now I'm just ranting. :0190l:
    Beast Mode
    NET Rookie

• drdiags wrote:I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.

The reason is because in 2 years the new tv contracts come into play and will push the salary cap up a lot higher..He will re-sign with the Cavs for whatever the new max is at that time..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.

The reason is because in 2 years the new tv contracts come into play and will push the salary cap up a lot higher..He will re-sign with the Cavs for whatever the new max is at that time..

I had never thought of that, I saw 2 years and raised my eye brow and wonder why the Cavs were cool with that.

Also sounds like Cleveland is trying to get Love and trying for anyone not named LeBron, Wiggins, or Irving.

I think we'll see a package of Waiters, Thompson/Bennett, and a few draft picks for Kevin Love in a few weeks.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.

I had never thought of that, I saw 2 years and raised my eye brow and wonder why the Cavs were cool with that.

Also sounds like Cleveland is trying to get Love and trying for anyone not named LeBron, Wiggins, or Irving.

I think we'll see a package of Waiters, Thompson/Bennett, and a few draft picks for Kevin Love in a few weeks.

I can't see what the Wolves are thinking but Love does not want to stay there..If the Cavs give up their 2 #1's next year and 2 players ...I believe that's a hell of a deal that no one else can offer..If no deal happens and they sign Miller and Allen..I can see them being contenders without Love but it won't be easy..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Cleveland is being greedy right now, get rid of Wiggins.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:Cleveland is being greedy right now, get rid of Wiggins.

Waiters is pretty good himself, check his basic stat line from last season, one can imagine that in his 3rd year with a pg like Rubio it'd get better, and package the deal with Thompson, I don't think that's as bad of a deal. Cavs told Wiggins they aren't dealing him, so who knows at this point, I think it's all about who blinks first now.
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 195 times
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• 20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Sucks to be Wiggins...
    3elieve
    Throwdown