Golden Tate rips Jim Schwartz off

HansGruber

Reaction score
He's right. It WAS a self absorbed douche move. Along with being incredibly immature, pathetic, and self-defeating. You think other GMs don't see that and question the guy's maturity and decision making? I certainly would. I'd look at that and assume here's a guy who will make your life Hell if he doesn't get his way. This is a guy that doesn't deal well with adversity or difference of opinions.

Schwartz is already one failed season from NFL exile, and this is how you advertise yourself to future employers? Just stupid beyond belief. Pls it should have been the kicker getting the treatment, not the crappy DC whose system almost cost the team another game.

As for Tate, good to see he's still the same old Tate. Love that fire. The lions fans are lucky to have him.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Any coach that has to ask to be carried off the field doesn't deserve it. Douchebag move. But that's not shocking for Schwartz. He actually managed to make himself look like a douchebag compared to Jim Harbaugh.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The title of this thread makes it sound like Tate stole from Schwartz.

Also, I'm not surprised the Lion's ex - head coach is a douche. His teams played pretty dirty.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2s7kcaz3 said:
Tate commenting on a "douche" move?
Oh, THAT is RICH.

I agree, it may have been a douche move, but Tate is one of the douchiest players on this team in recent history. You can appreciate Tate's contributions to the team when he was here, but he seems like one of the least likely candidates to be the voice of reason and respect on the Lions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Just how many significant others of .NET members did Tate sleep with to earn this kind of vitriol? Good Lord, we have some people with exceptionally salty tears around here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Do we know that it was planned or was it spontaneous by his players? They did beat a team that they were supposed to lose to and probably were excited about Schwartz's game plan that allowed them to succeed.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2w5n8rv8 said:
Just how many significant others of .NET members did Tate sleep with to earn this kind of vitriol? Good Lord, we have some people with exceptionally salty tears around here.

Are you talking about me, Zornto, or both? We're the only ones in this thread I think you could direct this at, and I don't think it's warranted.

Tate was a great player, and I would love to still have him on this team. I had no issue with him leaving, if that's what worked best for him and/or the team.

I don't find someone who has issues conducting themselves in a "sportsmanlike" manner complaining about someone else doing the same to be meaningless.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2q1m8bbi said:
RolandDeschain":2q1m8bbi said:

Are you talking about me, Zornto, or both? We're the only ones in this thread I think you could direct this at, and I don't think it's warranted.

Tate was a great player, and I would love to still have him on this team. I had no issue with him leaving, if that's what worked best for him and/or the team.

I don't find someone who has issues conducting themselves in a "sportsmanlike" manner complaining about someone else doing the same to be meaningless.
I was directing that at a lot more people than those showing dislike toward Tate in this thread, that's for sure. Don't take it personally. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
One who taunts other players can't very well call another kettle black, it was a douche move granted but someone who has done douche moves should not be pointing the finger. Especially when Tate was not there when he was coaching.

That takes nothing away from Tates ability to make plays, he does.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ivotuk":smafsktg said:
Do we know that it was planned or was it spontaneous by his players? They did beat a team that they were supposed to lose to and probably were excited about Schwartz's game plan that allowed them to succeed.
In the preseason, Schwartz asked the players to carry him off if they won in Detroit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The weirdest part of Tate commenting is he wasn't even with Detroit when Schwartz was the coach there. Seems like his former players that are still with the Lions should be the ones who are upset.

Cartire

Reaction score
ivotuk":14za4gyx said:

So his game plan was for a total of 17 points and the completely absolute luck of Detroits kicker missing 3 FG's?

Risky gameplan.

Latest posts