Cardinals not going to be as good as most think

Microfiber

Reaction score
They didn't look very good today, I think they were over rated by a lot of us. Looking at their schedule I am seeing 8-8...Also.... Bruice Arians said that chop block was the "dirtiest play he has ever seen in his entire life..." Is he serious??? I've seen way worse.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
They're a good team... but in reality they've got some lucky breaks this year... SD at least should be undefeated.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
And Microfiber continues his trend of only posting in thread related to games the Broncos played in.

ringless

Reaction score
Had we not had the injuries we had this year, we would be a playoff team....

But when you lose Dockett, Abraham, Washington, Dansby, Mathieu, (now Calais Campbell, Palmer, Stanton, 2 running backs, Your Left Guard, and your back up ILB Glen Carson, losses are bound to happen right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ringless":2vylv0a4 said:
Had we not had the injuries we had this year, we would be a playoff team....

But when you lose Dockett, Abraham, Washington, Dansby, Mathieu, (now Calais Campbell, Palmer, Stanton, 2 running backs, Your Left Guard, and your back up ILB Glen Carson, losses are bound to happen right?

Absolutely. Before the season started I said the Cards would be the Hawks biggest rival in the division, not the Niners.

Still a very good defense, so not all is lost for the playoffs. Even with all the injuries and unrest at the QB position, the Cards still have enough talent to get into the playoffs, especially with how mediocre the rest of the NFC is this year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't like bruce arians, dunno why - something about his demeanor rubs me the wrong way. That being said, you can't argue his ability to coach a team up. He's obviously great in terms of football knowledge and using his guys to the best of their ability.

As far as the Cards go, I think we're lucky that they are so beat up. If this team were healthy they would be a tough out for anyone on any field. But those injuries all caught up to them in Denver. The holes in their defense left by injuries were exposed. Against good teams playing well, their shortcomings are going to do just that - cause them come up short.

I will say that if I were a Cardinal's fan, I'd want to see more of Logan Thomas. From the time I've seen him on the field in pre-season and yesterday, his largest issues are all things that should be correctable with experience and play time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as their starter in the next couple years, playing well. Big question will be can that offense step up to compliment the defense while it's still playing well? Their secondary is young and should be good for a while, but much like what we have in Seattle, they could struggle if their front 7 can't match the back 4.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thomas was thrown into the fire against a really speedy team, that by itself takes some adjustment, game speed just can't be matched in practice, especially if the reps are going to someone else. Give the kid credit.

Latest posts