Brandon Browner not Activated

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He wasnt activated today after serving his suspension. The Patriots must choose to activate or release Browner by Monday. The question obvious, if not predictable but Ill ask it anyway.

If the Patriots decide to release Browner, do you want him back on this team? And, if so, does he replace Maxwell? Browner isnt much of a slot CB (duh) and Browner could be a bit rusty. That being said, Id be interested in seeing how Browner could do at safety in the event that Kams situation deteriorates.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'd love to bring him back, but as a backup. He wouldn't replace Maxwell or Burley right now. We could use him for depth until Lane and Simon come back.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm bummed, was looking for him in the game tonight.

Not sure we have the room to bring Brandon back. And he's probably not in game shape. I doubt he plays for us again.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Honestly with the point of emphasis thing.. I'd be kind of wary to bring him back. I think Browner would get called for flags much more than the guys we have now.

Not to mention, I just flat out believe Maxwell is better than him.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
You think so aye?

He isnt prototypical in the way he plays and wouldnt necessarily fit with just anyone. I there would be a legitimate chance he lands in his nest before hes pouched.

Mick063

Reaction score
Other teams will pay him more. Not worth the price tag and he was MIA when Seattle played at their peak.

Maxwell is better in pure coverage.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I want him back. Yes, he'd replace Maxwell. I miss his fierceness on the edge, penalties be damned.

OrFan

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":8ythcp4n said:
Yes, I want him back. Yes, he'd replace Maxwell. I miss his fierceness on the edge, penalties be damned.

Exactly. We would have zero chance to get him, but I'd take him back to play opposite Sherman faster than you could blink!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd like him back. Players union wouldn't agree to my terms, though. Pay for play. No play, no pay.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Aren't suspended players barred from team practices or facilities? He's in a new system, maybe they want to give him a couple weeks of practice before they determine where he fits in the depth chart.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
CANHawk":dz7dfw3m said:
He'd have to clear waivers. We wouldn't get so much as a sniff of him...

Question is would someone want to pay him the price the Pats did by claiming him?

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hes clearly better than Simon, and better than .. the guy we brought in just after Burley whos name escapes me at the moment. Id want him back. He cant transition to an effective safety in my opinion.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
They knew he'd be suspended , and already paid him a 1.7 million dollar roster bonus. At this point it would cost them 500k more to cut himthis year than to keep him. They're not cutting him.

chris98251

Reaction score
He participated all pre season, his suspension started first game. He knows the system, if you watched the Patriots they were playing a lot of LOB ball in the secondary.

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":15tlkd76 said:
They knew he'd be suspended , and already paid him a 1.7 million dollar roster bonus. At this point it would cost them 500k more to cut himthis year than to keep him. They're not cutting him.

1) trade for 2016 6th rounder

Separately to other poster - if he was suspended for PEDs then he couldn't be with the team. He was suspended for substance abuse which allowed him to be with the team.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It's not at all uncommon for teams to push the limit on the roster in these types of situations. Players often need a few weeks to get back to "game shape/speed". I'd be completely shocked if the Patriots don't activate him.

Latest posts