Boy Andrew Luck sure is overrated

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Leads the league in yards and TD throws. Only 4 interceptions this year. All this with a sieve of a defense and no running game.

Such a bum. :sarcasm_on:

(And no this isn't meant to hate on Russell Wilson, just the people that constantly try to tear Andrew Luck down for.. god knows whatever reason)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was he amazing today? I didn't watch.

Though his 1 TD, 2 INT performance sounds amazing.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Laloosh":mrefq7la said:

Had a TD run as well.. the "2 INT" thing is misleading since Haloti Ngata made a great play on one pick. Also had one TD brought back because of a penalty.

But what does it matter, he's a bum per Seahawks.net

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ytqwzvp3 said:
Laloosh":ytqwzvp3 said:

Had a TD run as well.. the "2 INT" thing is misleading since Haloti Ngata made a great play on one pick. Also had one TD brought back because of a penalty.

But what does it matter, he's a bum per Seahawks.net

Bum, no. Given praise regardless of performance? Pretty much. Heard BAL dropped a couple of would-be INTs too.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Actually the 2 INT is perfect considering how much INTs were dropped by Baltimore.

getnasty

Reaction score
Luck is the real deal anyone who doesn't see that is out of their mind.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":3mlsvg8o said:
Luck is the real deal anyone who doesn't see that is out of their mind.

Archie Manning 2.0 maybe.
or maybe
Dan Pastorini.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
To be fair i don't think the argument has ever been wether or not Luck is the real deal. Its wether he is as good right now as the media likes to portray him as. It is also about the perception of Luck vs Russell in the media. One is portrayed as an elite QB the other as a game manager.
So this thread really sets up a false narrative right from the start.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Manning didn't throw more TDs than INTs until his 8th year in the league. Pastorini never did, although he did manage to make them even one year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2ny9bs3r said:
To be fair i don't think the argument has ever been wether or not Luck is the real deal. Its wether he is as good right now as the media likes to portray him as. It is also about the perception of Luck vs Russell in the media. One is portrayed as an elite QB the other as a game manager.
So this thread really sets up a false narrative right from the start.

No, it doesn't. The OP is not claiming that nobody will say Luck is good/decent/great/whatever. He said that some people are constantly trying to crap on Luck on this forum. Which is absolutely true.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Bmore I know you think its your job to correct every fan on this forum but if you make a claim that everyone is claiming Luck is a bum back it up with some quotes then(goes for original poster as well). Very few if anyone have claimed Luck is a bum. They have simply argued that he is being praised as elite (as opposed to russel who is just a game manager) by the media when he simply is not elite yet.

I really have never engaged in such arguements because I think its pointless drivel. I just think your creating a false narrative of others views.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":vavvspql said:
Bmore I know you think its your job to correct every fan on this forum but if you make a claim that everyone is claiming Luck is a bum back it up with some quotes then(goes for original poster as well). Very few if anyone have claimed Luck is a bum. They have simply argued that he is being praised as elite (as opposed to russel who is just a game manager) by the media when he simply is not elite yet.

I really have never engaged in such arguements because I think its pointless drivel. I just think your creating a false narrative of others views.

I never said "everyone", nor did I imply it.

I already clarifiied that the OP did not state that people are saying Luck is a "bum". I said SOME people crap on him on a regular basis, which is not the same. If you want me to start grabbing threads and posts for this, I will do so.

You're the one driving this off of what the OP and my actual statements are (an actual "false narrative" here).

I'd also appreciate it if you'd slow your roll a notch on the passive-aggressiveness with the start of your post.

chris98251

Reaction score
Manning Pastorini comparison was more about a good QB in a bad situation that never gets anywhere. The way Irsay is doing things Luck could be the same. Just about the time the Oilers actually started to get good Pastorini was at the end of his career and in comes Warren Moon pretty much, I think they had a few stop gap guys in between but you get the picture. Manning played on the worst coached and run team in the league his whole career.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
When I've seen Luck play he reminds me of Brett Favre from his streakiness. The dude can be on and lights out or can be really bonheaded. That playoff game with the Chiefs last year was a perfect example.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bmorepunk":113qaxh0 said:
When I've seen Luck play he reminds me of Brett Favre from his streakiness. The dude can be on and lights out or can be really bonheaded. That playoff game with the Chiefs last year was a perfect example.

Boneheaded... Not something that you'd hear many people using to make a case for a guy. Almost comes off worse than other things that I've read here from people trashing him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
bmorepunk":s0ry49mw said:
Agreed, and with more experience I'm sure Luck will get past the ugly play for the most part. He hasn't as yet though so thats were this constant bickering comes in I guess. I really could care less as long as Russel keeps playing well nothing else really matters.

hawk45

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3jkehtfu said:
Natethegreat":3jkehtfu said:

I already clarifiied that the OP did not state that people are saying Luck is a "bum". I said SOME people crap on him on a regular basis, which is not the same. If you want me to start grabbing threads and posts for this, I will do so.

You're the one driving this off of what the OP and my actual statements are (an actual "false narrative" here).

I'd also appreciate it if you'd slow your roll a notch on the passive-aggressiveness with the start of your post.

Whining about passive aggression a bit rich from the guy who clicks every single one of these threads for the sole purpose of condescending.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Laloosh":fdpk0xs5 said:
bmorepunk":fdpk0xs5 said:

Boneheaded... Not something that you'd hear many people using to make a case for a guy. Almost comes off worse than other things that I've read here from people trashing him.

I've seen Manning and and even Brady throw a bit of derp in their career (and they were "boneheaded" as well). He may get better at decisions in consistency than Farve did over the years, but right now he's slinging it around like a madman.

He's averaged 43 attempts a game so far this season, which is 7 more than last year. If he keeps it up I'd expect his INTs to climb faster than his TDs, but he does seem to be facing some pretty porous pass defenses this year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawk45":2vu8wkv5 said:
bmorepunk":2vu8wkv5 said:
Natethegreat":2vu8wkv5 said:

Whining about passive aggression a bit rich from the guy who clicks every single one of these threads for the sole purpose of condescending.

I was respectfully asking nate to keep it from being personal, and he respectfully respond back. I respectfully ask you to do the same.

Latest posts