HGH testing starts Monday

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to admit I am a little worried about losing some of our guys to this. I think this will be a major issue for players and teams even compared with the NFL catching guys for PED's. Hold onto your seats, here we go.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am not going to be to optimistic of this going well, seems like when introduced it's a shotgun effect and takes everyone down a bit. We seen how well the PED testing has went.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Seahawks have the smallest roster in the NFL, hopefully none of our guys are using HGH. I bet there will be a few casualties to suspensions around the NFL in the coming weeks. Should be interesting to see who gets caught.

sutz

Reaction score
Certainly a concern. The rate at which players have been recovering from injuries is an obvious clue to it's possible use. How long before it flushes out of the system?

There are some questions in my mind.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Start with Dawson, that guy's leg is on roids.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Weirdly not overly worried about us because our healing times have been perfectly baseline some others like Peterson? Yeah right.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If they're using the same test as the Olympics started using, HGH may be detectable for up to 3 weeks.

When you consider that it was something players didn't have to worry about getting caught for before, we might be in for a lot of suspensions. Then again, maybe there was an unreported grace period that the NFLPA already knew about.

The earlier version of the blood test only detected HGH 24-72 hours afterward. I wonder if they agreed on this test or the other?

Old ESPN story about hgh test for Olympics :
http://m.espn.go.com/extra/olympics/story?storyId=7053851&src=desktop

Edit: it's actually not clear if the Olympics uses this test now, or the other.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I read the thread title and thought this site was about to begin testing. Had me a bit anxious.

"Gives players an unfair advantage due to quicker healing times and rapid recovery from intense workouts".

So? Legalize it. Make it available to all players. Adios "advantage".

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawkWow":11x9zi72 said:
I read the thread title and thought this site was about to begin testing. Had me a bit anxious.

"Gives players an unfair advantage due to quicker healing times and rapid recovery from intense workouts".

Repealing the Anabolic Steroid Act of 1990 is a bit ambitious.

lsheldon

Reaction score
A little bit of info from a FOX Sports article on the testing process.

Each week, five randomly selected players on eight randomly selected teams will have less than one tablespoon of blood drawn as part of the test, according to a source who informed FOX Sports of the process. In the preseason, regular season and postseason combined, approximately 950 players will be tested. In the offseason, an estimated 385 tests will be conducted. The combined estimated total of 1,335 tests is more than three times the number conducted by Major League Baseball (40), though that makes sense given the larger roster sizes for NFL teams.

There will be no testing on game days.

The testing pool consists of players on the 53-man active roster, practice squad and reserve lists who aren't already subject to reasonable-cause testing, such as those with prior offenses. In the offseason, all 90 players on the roster may be tested.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... ar-BB7QfET

Sac

Reaction score
I think the NFL is going to regret testing for this. A LOT of players on HGH considering it wasn't tested for previously. This will only serve to blacken the eye of the NFL further.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Matthew Hasselbeck @Hasselbeck · 2h 2 hours ago
No joke: Guess who has random drug testing today!

Haha, poor Hass, dude always gets ''randomly'' selected. He must have pissed someone off at the league office.

Looks like the Colts are 1 of the 8. (and yes I'm assuming its the HGH testing)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3ktivw6r said:
I think the NFL is going to regret testing for this. A LOT of players on HGH considering it wasn't tested for previously. This will only serve to blacken the eye of the NFL further.
I don't know about that. If it keeps guys from juicing, it may actually reduce the injury rate a bit in the long term. Plus, let's be real here, how many people think HGH use isn't already widespread in the NFL? Lol.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3c100z1a said:
Matthew Hasselbeck @Hasselbeck · 2h 2 hours ago
No joke: Guess who has random drug testing today!

Haha, poor Hass, dude always gets ''randomly'' selected. He must have pissed someone off at the league office.

Looks like the Colts are 1 of the 8. (and yes I'm assuming its the HGH testing)
At least we know he won't test positive for Rogaine.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkWow":bgszw3sz said:

I agree with this. Gives the fans a better product, too.

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ur1s19q said:
SacHawk2.0":3ur1s19q said:
I don't know about that. If it keeps guys from juicing, it may actually reduce the injury rate a bit in the long term. Plus, let's be real here, how many people think HGH use isn't already widespread in the NFL? Lol.
HGH can be used for injury recovery as well, and I agree that a lot of athletes are using it. But the last thing the league needs right now is for a bunch of start players to get busted as "cheaters". The black eye it has over domestic violence is already a lasting one.

Latest posts