Hell yea Mike Glennon!

Faust

Reaction score
I have Brown on my fantasy team. I love that I got my points and the Steelers got the loss!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am so over XL and honestly even then, I didn't hate the Steelers franchise. I think the lingering hate on this board is funny even though the bitterness of that SB loss has mostly disappeared thanks to our win in February. There is always some stragglers. :stirthepot:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3afpfgay said:
I am so over XL and honestly even then, I didn't hate the Steelers franchise. I think the lingering hate on this board is funny even though the bitterness of that SB loss has mostly disappeared thanks to our win in February. There is always some stragglers. :stirthepot:

My hatred of the Steelers (and Cowboys) goes back to the playground or school bus stops of my podunk Eastern Washington town in the 1970s. All the little kiddies were fans of one of those teams--except me.

Hated front running bandwagon teams (and the "fans" that worship them) as a 7 year old, and I still hate them now.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NC State now has more starting QBs in the NFL than any other school-- Glennon and Philip Rivers. They have three if you want to include Russell Wilson who played and graduated from there before transferring to Wisconsin for a season.

Michigan State is the only other school currently with three- Cousins, Hoyer, and Stanton. Cousins and Hoyer will have to continue to fight off popular First Round quarterbacks if they want to keep their starting jobs, while Stanton will give way to Palmer once he returns from injury. No other school currently has more than one starting QB. USC had two at the beginning of the year (Cassel and Palmer) but had none last week.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Super happy for Glennon. Like these other young guns, he just needs his reps. Watching the game live, you almost saw it coming, too. Terrific catch, too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Lovie Smith's decision to bench Glennon for this season must've set off major alarm bells among Tampa Bay fans.

He was pretty much the only shining light last year. A star in the making. Was Smith watching any football?

He comes back in and immediately beats the Steelers days after an embarrassing blow out to a soft Atlanta team.

Glennon is legit.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yes he is. Lovie was so in love with McCown he couldn't see the talent right in front of him. I'm a Glennon fan and it was obvious last year how good he was, and tough too because he took some hits.

I love it that stop many were talking him down, calling a Steelers win before the game was even played and he took it to them. Go NC State QBs!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I saw that punt and thought there was a shot, but the Steelers made it easy. They left the middle open with too much time on the clock. Dude almost ran it in on the big throw.

The look on Roethlisraper's face was one of gold. The shaking of the head, the disbelief.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. Tomlin on the sideline, the fans. I have to be honest, it was a nice little added surprise to a rather boring day of football.