Austin Davis lookin good

kearly

Reaction score
Austin Davis, in three games:

8.3 YPA
8.1 YPA
7.8 YPA

Hate to say it, but I think the Rams have finally found a QB. Thank goodness their defense has decided to tank while this has been going on.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Stanton hasnt looked too shabby either. Even with the Whiners cheap head shots.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Stanton had a solid second half at home against an ailing 49ers D, but on the whole he's been pretty terrible. His completion rate is more than 20% lower than Austin Davis'. That's ridiculous. Stanton's YPA is pretty bad too.

I am amazed the Cardinals are winning games while being so depleted.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Glad to see Davis succeed, he's a very likeable dude. I seem to remember English being very high on him coming into that draft. Appears he may have been right. Almost as impressive as your pre-draft Russell Wilson hype, Kearly.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Rob deserves a ton of credit for spotting Davis' talent before just about anyone else did. That whole draft, it felt like SeahawksDraftBlog was the only place on the internet that was talking the guy up.

I liked Davis a lot too and wanted him for the Hawks, but I wouldn't have even heard of him if not for Rob.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":6ogfsdc5 said:

8.3 YPA
8.1 YPA
7.8 YPA

Hate to say it, but I think the Rams have finally found a QB. Thank goodness their defense has decided to tank while this has been going on.

Kearly for the oddly right statement. Especially the part re: the D.

I'm pretty happy watching Davis, he's more fun to watch than B was for any single game ever. And, he has an excitement. He doesn't look like an idiot.

Two games is nothing to get worked up about though. So, let's see. If Fisher pulls him for Hill v Phllly: I will be very sad.

nanomoz

Reaction score
kearly":3edl4vud said:
Rob deserves a ton of credit for spotting Davis' talent before just about anyone else did. That whole draft, it felt like SeahawksDraftBlog was the only place on the internet that was talking the guy up.

I liked Davis a lot too and wanted him for the Hawks, but I wouldn't have even heard of him if not for Rob.

Bump. Good call. Rob is a sage.

I think Davis will last in this league for a lot of years, he's Brad Johnson-esque, but a much more fluid athlete (albeit shorter).

RedAlice

Reaction score
nanomoz":2gn6uz1u said:
kearly":2gn6uz1u said:

I think Davis will last in this league for a lot of years, he's Brad Johnson-esque, but a much more fluid athlete (albeit shorter).

Dude has some talent. Fisher better let him play.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":buv7jlag said:
Stanton had a solid second half at home against an ailing 49ers D, but on the whole he's been pretty terrible. His completion rate is more than 20% lower than Austin Davis'. That's ridiculous. Stanton's YPA is pretty bad too.

Agreed.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2n11nq9q said:
kearly":2n11nq9q said:

Agreed.

And yet: they ARE.

Pop: your opinion? Is it coaching? or?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kearly":33i0ygxq said:

8.3 YPA
8.1 YPA
7.8 YPA

I was hoping the Seahawks would draft Austin Davis. He would have been a nice insurance for Wilson. Looks like he is coming into his own and making most of his oppty with the Rams.

As for Stanton, this guy has bounced around the league. He needs to be better than he is at this point. Lucky for the Cards their defense is playing well. We'll see if it keeps up.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wg0ucjy said:
kearly":1wg0ucjy said:

8.3 YPA
8.1 YPA
7.8 YPA

I was hoping the Seahawks would draft Austin Davis. He would have been a nice insurance for Wilson. Looks like he is coming into his own and making most of his oppty with the Rams.

As for Stanton, this guy has bounced around the league. He needs to be better than he is at this point. Lucky for the Cards their defense is playing well. We'll see if it keeps up.

The problem is: Fisher still says Hill is the starter. Davis is not being given an opp yet.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RedAlice":3a640mnl said:
Popeyejones":3a640mnl said:
kearly":3a640mnl said:

Agreed.

Three major things IMO, none of which are coaching and all of which just come down to luck/chance:

1) Through 12 quarters played so far the Cardinals have led through 4 of them. They've been leading at the right time across three games, but that's unsustainable.

2) They've been lucky in facing opponents who are atypically bad at exposing their weaknesses as a team. By way of example, Stanton is a hot mess under pressure. He's terrifyingly bad. He's lucky to have one of his two starts come against a 9ers team that has been as bad as can be at generating pressure so far this season, as well as a Giants team that was sixth worse in the league at generating pressure last year, and only in the middle of the pack this year because they got to play the Cardinals (they're averaging 1.5 sacks per game in their other two games, which over the course of an average season would make them last in the league).

3) They've also been pretty lucky with regards to their opponents making unforced errors, which is not a sustainable way to win, and which you can't give the Cards any credit for:

*In Week 1 the Chargers were about to go up in the 4th quarter until an errant snap from a backup center pushed them out of field goal range.

*In Week 2 Rashad Jennings was completely untouched and gave up a fumble in the red zone in the 4th quarter, and Victor Cruz had three driving killing wide-open drops on chunk plays in the second half.

*In Week 3 the 9ers are clearly a mess right now, and also penalized themselves into oblivion and gave the game away (this game is also kind of an outlier because the Cardinals were just losing for the majority of it, rather than almost all of it).

Basically, I don't think they're nearly as good as their record, or nearly as good as they were last year.
Until I see them be able to at least somewhat consistently 1) run between the tackles, 2) have a passing attack that doesn't fold like a chair under pressure and/or 3) be able to generate any pressure in the pass rush even while relying on elaborate blitz schemes which expose their coverage units, I'm just not going to believe in them.

Long story short, I think the path to the division is wide and clear right now, regardless of the Cardinals' record.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qn28pcro said:
RedAlice":qn28pcro said:
Popeyejones":qn28pcro said:
kearly":qn28pcro said:

Agreed.

Three major things IMO, not of which is coaching and all of which just come down to luck/chance:

1) Through 12 quarters played so far the Cardinals have led through 4 of them. They've been leading at the right time across three games, but that's unsustainable.

2) They've been lucky in facing opponents who are atypically bad at exposing their weaknesses as a team. By way of example, Stanton is a hot mess under pressure. He's terrifyingly bad. He's lucky to have one of his two starts come against a 9ers team that has been as bad as can be at generating pressure so far this season, as well as a Giants team that was sixth worse in the league at generating pressure last year, and only in the middle of the pack this year because they got to play the Cardinals (they're averaging 1.5 sacks per game in their other two games, which over the course of an average season would make them last in the league).

3) They've also been pretty lucky with regards to their opponents making unforced errors, which is not a sustainable way to win, and which you can't give the Cards any credit for:

*In Week 1 the Chargers were about to go up in the 4th quarter until an errant snap from a backup center pushed them out of field goal range.

*In Week 2 Rashad Jennings was completely untouched and gave up a fumble in the red zone in the 4th quarter, and Victor Cruz had three driving killing wide-open drops on chunk plays in the second half.

*In Week 3 the 9ers are clearly a mess right now, and also penalized themselves into oblivion and gave the game away (this game is also kind of an outlier because the Cardinals were just losing for the majority of it, rather than almost all of it).

Basically, I don't think they're nearly as good as their record, or nearly as good as they were last year.
Until I see them be able to at least somewhat consistently 1) run between the tackles, 2) have a passing attack that doesn't fold like a chair under pressure and/or 3) be able to generate any pressure in the pass rush even while relying on elaborate blitz schemes which expose their coverage units, I'm just not going to believe in them.

Long story short, I think the path to the division is wide and clear right now, regardless of the Cardinals' record.

Ok, so It's 6am where I am, so i did not read this. But: someone, a NINER fan wrote all this about AZ!!!!! This is a great season. See, there are other teams in the NFC W not callled hawk or 9r. LOVE.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^ :lol:

Not one of those Hawks or 9ers fans who pretends it's a two team division. I've watched all of the Cards' games closely so far this year (same for the Hawks and 9ers. I still need to get caught up on the Rams; why I'm not commenting on Davis, as I don't have any opinions yet).

That said, keep your good mood and don't ever actually read the post, though. I'm not too high on the Cards so far this year, despite their record. If the 9ers keep eating it though the Cards can be as mediocre as I suspect they are and still get the WC slot, though. Heck, depending on bounces they could still get the WC even if the 9ers return to form a little bit.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Cardinals have a bad habit of only playing part of a season. Remember 2012 they started 4-0 and looked like a playoff team, then crumbled and ended up 5-11? Or last season when they started 3-4 and finished up goin 7-2 to just barely miss the playoffs. Or 2011 when they started 1-6 and and went 7-2 the rest of the way.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":29oiicfs said:
nanomoz":29oiicfs said:
kearly":29oiicfs said:

Dude has some talent. Fisher better let him play.
He's okay not top tier in any sense but decent. Bad news is Fischer is quoted as saying today that as soon as Hill is back the job is his. Fischer hates rookies and it will cost him and the Rams in my opinion.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1znpkp2g said:
RolandDeschain":1znpkp2g said:
*Fisher, Mizzou.
Whatever. :roll:

I thought he spelled his name differently. I was probably thinking of that old Michigan basketball coach.

Don't let Rolland bully you, no sandwiches on Sunday now :)

Latest posts