FCC to vote on blackout rule

kidhawk

Reaction score
although I doubt it, I wonder if this will also eliminate the new blackout rule that limits the broadcast of shows like Seahawks All Access to the Seattle/Portland areas, even though the channel is available in other areas via satellite?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Stupid stupid rule! Here in North Pole I'm getting preseason Seahawks game blacked out and All Access along with Coaches show, can't remember the name.

Largent80

Reaction score
Most ridiculous rule ever. With all the money the NFL makes it is about time to step into today.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
This would be awesome. So frustrating when you can watch every other game that is airing, however as soon as the Seahawks game starts, a black screen with the message "This game is not available in my area" appears. I don't care about the Pats, Giants, Ravens, or any other NFL team. I want to watch the Hawks!

Thankfully once the regular season begins, other networks start picking up the games so I don't have to rely on NFL network as much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3hcxqney said:
Stupid stupid rule! Here in North Pole I'm getting preseason Seahawks game blacked out and All Access along with Coaches show, can't remember the name.

I agree with you. I was only there for a month during summer one year, but you should get access to any game available. I seem to recall a friend having a cabin that he was using an old biggo dish to get dish tv. Lived not too far from the airport. I do not recall. Do you get over the air tv? I was in a room on Eielson Air Force Base for the most part except when we went out and felt no pain.......and stayed at the friend's place. I was working at Yukon Range then.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ce7o01n said:

Did you ever check your local FOX station? I'm in Anchorage and they were saying during their broadcast of the preseason games that they were airing them statewide. If they did buy the rights statewide, then that would be why the NFL Network didn't air the game for you. It was blacked out on NFLN here as well, but it was being aired on the FOX station. The NFL Network won't air games in the same market that the local stations are airing the games so as to allow those local stations to drive the revenue for the games they are paying for.

As for the All Access and The Coaches Press Conference shows. That's a new rule that just started this year. I am STILL fuming about it. It makes absolutely zero sense to not allow people who purchase these stations to watch the games. There's no revenue streams being blocked by us watching it there. It's ludicrous. I mean, there are a lot of areas of Washington that are blacked out as well. Only the Seattle and the Portland markets are allowed this particular programming. It's ludicrous

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":13c2vzt7 said:
ivotuk":13c2vzt7 said:

Did you ever check your local FOX station? I'm in Anchorage and they were saying during their broadcast of the preseason games that they were airing them statewide. If they did buy the rights statewide, then that would be why the NFL Network didn't air the game for you. It was blacked out on NFLN here as well, but it was being aired on the FOX station. The NFL Network won't air games in the same market that the local stations are airing the games so as to allow those local stations to drive the revenue for the games they are paying for.

As for the All Access and The Coaches Press Conference shows. That's a new rule that just started this year. I am STILL fuming about it. It makes absolutely zero sense to not allow people who purchase these stations to watch the games. There's no revenue streams being blocked by us watching it there. It's ludicrous. I mean, there are a lot of areas of Washington that are blacked out as well. Only the Seattle and the Portland markets are allowed this particular programming. It's ludicrous

The hand w was not available anywhere, over air or via direct tv.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":22abpwtr said:
kidhawk":22abpwtr said:
ivotuk":22abpwtr said:

The hand w was not available anywhere, over air or via direct tv.

That is really strange, since FOX in anchorage said they were broadcasting statewide. I think that's where the problem lies. If they bought the rights for the state, then the NFL Network would not be allowed to air the game live and would have expected FOX to broadcast it.

You might try emailing your local FOX station and ask them. I've done that in the past with my local FOX here in Anchorage and they've been pretty good about replying.

At least you get the game this weekend though, and I'm assuming we'll both be getting most of this season over the air live. It is a perk of being champs.

Latest posts