McCown instead of Glennon

drrew

Reaction score
What is Lovie Smith doing in TB? Glennon as the current and future QB seems like a no brainer, yet they go with McCown who had 5 ok games last year after 10 years of mediocre play, and surprise surprise, it looks like he the 5 games was the outlier and his real skill level is as a mediocre QB.

ctrcat

Reaction score
I said it all offseason. Most on this board disagreed. That game was much worse than the score.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
In his defense, that Carolina D is right behind the Hawks in ability to make QB's look bad.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Loveys. Tampa has a heck of a receiving corps though. Glennon is learning how to use them and will be ready when he gets his shot.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ridiculous decision. Mccown makes a great decision now and then, but overall a mediocre QB. Glennon is an accurate QB who throws a great deep ball, and with those recEivers could light up a deFense.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
Was strange. I liked the move of McCown as a solid backup but I would have given The Ostrich more playing time to see how much more he is capable of.

googoodan

Reaction score
Trrrroy":kq15sowk said:
In his defense, that Carolina D is right behind the Hawks in ability to make QB's look bad.

I'm not sure we're quite at that level this year.
McCown did have a few WTF plays... both our interceptions were off of those, but he also extended a scoring drive on one of them. Experienced starting QBs would have taken sacks on those plays, but he put 'em up on a prayer. He's a career backup against a stout D and didn't go down as easy as expected.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Glennon could probable benefit from being behind a vet and in a more stable situation this year. Last year was a cluster in TB and he did admirably in spite. If he works hard, he could set himself up to take over in the not too distant future.