The 5 teams NFL players would least like to play for

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
100+ NFL players were polled on which team they least wanted to play for and Oakland won...........er, lost.

Raiders #1 - 23%
Ouch. VERY bad organization, horrible field.

Bills #2 - 19%
Bad organization, horrible weather.

Browns #3 - 16%
See Bills, Buffalo

Jags #4 - 9%
I think that will change as Gus gets them more and more competitive.

Packers #5 - 6%
Gotta be the weather and size of the town cuz by all accounts it's a very well run organization and mostly a winner.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 47669.html

TXHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, in GB it's the frozen tundra and lack of night life that's the turnoff for players. It'd be like playing for an NFL team in Walla Walla.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Green Bay is 100,000 people with a bit of a surrounding populace that is otherwise in the middle of flippin' nowhere, a two-hour drive north of Milwaukee with no traffic.

Nobody wants to live in Green Bay that ever wants to, you know, do anything outside of play football.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I had a coach that spent most of his career on the Packers. According to him one of the drawbacks is a less talked about cultural one: you're essentially in a fishbowl all the time and your social life takes a major hit because if you see a black person walking around in Green Bay there's a good chance they play for the Packers. He grew to love the town, but said this was a challenge that the players talked about with some regularity.

chris98251

Reaction score
Raiders have fallen far, used to be a go to place for veterans.

Brahn

Reaction score
chris98251":2ecb5rbm said:

I think that has more to do with the fact Al Davis would over spend to bring in those veterans. When he died so did the crazy money from Oakland.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Brahn":3lawtqml said:
chris98251":3lawtqml said:

I think that has more to do with the fact Al Davis would over spend to bring in those veterans. When he died so did the crazy money from Oakland.
Yes and no. Some of the guys he brought in....Plunkett comes to mind as does Matuszak.......no one else wanted.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1200umao said:
Brahn":1200umao said:
chris98251":1200umao said:

Yes and no. Some of the guys he brought in....Plunkett comes to mind as does Matuszak.......no one else wanted.
Ted Hendricks among others also.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they polled enough players. The Raiders got some free agent love this off season. They are a horrible organization atm, but I think some fondly think of the glory years. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Oakland. It is bad, but it isn't far from San Fran... I assume if/when they move back to LA, more would be willing to play there as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think players ever WANTED to go to Oakland, but they liked to win and bought into the Raider brand of nastiness, outlaws and "Just win baby"..........so Davis was able to attract some good free agents with that sales pitch.

Now Oakland's just a bad team in a disgusting city.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31znj4bg said:
I don't think players ever WANTED to go to Oakland, but they liked to win and bought into the Raider brand of nastiness, outlaws and "Just win baby"..........so Davis was able to attract some good free agents with that sales pitch.

Now Oakland's just a bad team in a disgusting city.

I agree. Bad team. Bad Organization. Bad city. I also agree that now with Al gone, most of the mojo is gone too... except MoJo... :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Many may not remember, the swagger, the Pride in the brand, the wins and the Super Bowls. Many Veterans that were not offered new contracts, got new coaches and were used badly, or told they were done had their careers resurrected and in many cases improved with the Raiders, he was never about the big paychecks, but about winning and letting you be your own person as long as it supported the brand.

That attracted a lot of players successfully for over 40 years.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Brahn":tmlnqu4o said:
chris98251":tmlnqu4o said:

Looking at their roster, I see a lot of veterans that were brought in this year. I think it's more that nobody wanted them and it was either Oakland or retirement though.