Johnny Manziel aka: Ryan Leaf junior

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Never bought into the "Manziel is a legit pro QB" hype (I called out his bust potential on Dawgman.com moons ago). It is amazing what millions of southern rednecks and their idol worship can do for someone (no disrespect to southern rednecks intended lol).

Maturity is probably the biggest asset an NFL QB can have (Exhibit A: Wilson), and Manziel is likely the douchiest, least mature first round QB to come out in years, and that's saying something considering the bad QBs that have come out. This is a guy who pulled himself out of A&M practices when he pouted (Gil Brandt spilled the beans in a NFL Radio Interview), and he acts like Will Ferrell from the movie Old School 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I mean, I thought I read that A&M didn't even have a playbook lol. What did Cleveland expect?

Cleveland is such a clown show.

Any any grown man wearing five livestrong bracelets should not be trusted...EVER.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I need to wash my eyes with bleach, that was the worst offensive performance I've seen in ages, pre-season not withstanding. I don't know what you do with Cleveland this season, I just feel bad for Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.

kearly

Reaction score
Flipping the bird was the best thing he did in this game.

7/16 for just 65 yards. Sacked 3 times in a fraction of a game. His preseason YPA so far is less than 5. And it's not like he faced two good defenses either (Detroit, Washington).

Gotta say though, even bad Johnny Manziel is fun to watch. Though if he keeps being bad, the fun won't last long.

I think I underestimated how much the speed of the NFL would affect him. Watching him wanly scramble to find receivers before throwing passes that just barely get there is uncomfortably reminiscent of Matt Flynn.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":zflkatzl said:
Flipping the bird was the best thing he did in this game.

7/16 for just 65 yards. Sacked 3 times in a fraction of a game. His preseason YPA so far is less than 5. And it's not like he faced two good defenses either (Detroit, Washington).

Gotta say though, even bad Johnny Manziel is fun to watch. Though if he keeps being bad, the fun won't last long.

I think I underestimated how much the speed of the NFL would affect him. Watching him wanly scramble to find receivers before throwing passes that just barely get there is uncomfortably reminiscent of Matt Flynn.

Were you on the Connor Shaw train during draft season? Seemed to recall that you were.

He actually looked the best of the three Browns' QBs tonight. Granted, Hoyer and Manziel set the bar pretty dang low. It was ugly.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Yep, Ole Johnny had bust written all over him from the 'get-go' that's for sure. :)

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I'd still start him over Hoyer. And I think a chunk of the problem is his timing which should get better with more reps and familiarity with his receivers. I had a lazy eye on the game so I don't have any deep insight but I thought there were several near completions when Manziel was in which seems like a repitition thing more than a great flaw to his game.

I thought RGIII looked pretty horrible too. Just not suited for a Jay Gruden system.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He has taken on a Tebow esq following by espn. So get ready for all johnny all the time.

hawker84

Reaction score
As much as I hate the way Kap acts on and off the field, mostly off, and how much i hate Cam Newton and Douche bag double check, this young man is quickly becoming the biggest douche bag in the league and making those others look like half way likeable guys. Leader of a professional team and face of the franchise, i'm not seeing it a bit.

Reason for the finger was supposedly the sidelines was saying this aint Texas A&M, everybody out here is as fast as you. Bruise your ego much?

rigelian

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2095ftjy said:
I'd still start him over Hoyer. And I think a chunk of the problem is his timing which should get better with more reps and familiarity with his receivers. I had a lazy eye on the game so I don't have any deep insight but I thought there were several near completions when Manziel was in which seems like a repitition thing more than a great flaw to his game.

I thought RGIII looked pretty horrible too. Just not suited for a Jay Gruden system.

His throws were consistently tentative and late. He often threw the ball short and into the ground, that happened when he was throwing behind receivers.

At least he isn't throwing the ball high over the middle.

His one really good play is was when he was in the end zone and pump faked to get the rushing defensive player out of his throwing lane so that he could pass to his check down. Maybe if the game slowed down for him... but right now he looks like a disaster.

As for RGIII, in his career did he ever fully step into his throws? He constantly threw the ball off of his back foot and never seemed to follow through. I wonder if the knee injury has gotten into his head.

ringless

Reaction score
I don't think there is a player I dislike in the league right now more than him, and it all stems from his immaturity. He is not ready for the NFL, and based off what has been said about him he wont make it regardless. Him giving the finger while running away, during a preseason game is an embarrassment to himself. I don't often like to see people fail but this will be one I enjoy.

This spoiled cocky, arrogant prick is going to get demolished, and he is fortunate to not play in our division because our Defenses would eat him alive. I dont think I could watch the games without seeing him and wanting to vomit anyways. I will enjoy every loss, and every struggle I ever see of his. He may be an athlete, but he is not a professional athlete, and does not carry himself in a professional way. Leadership from the QB position is a must, and he doesnt, and will not ever have it

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I just hope Manziel starts vs the Steelers so we can see something like this:

harrison-mccoy.gif

People are missing the silver lining with Manziel though. In 5 years, a lot of poor kids in Africa will have a bunch of nice #2 Browns Jerseys to wear lol. Top selling jersey? Yikes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
huskylawyer":feda09jd said:
I just hope Manziel starts vs the Steelers so we can see something like this:

harrison-mccoy.gif

People are missing the silver lining with Manziel though. In 5 years, a lot of poor kids in Africa will have a bunch of nice #2 Browns Jerseys to wear lol. Top selling jersey? Yikes.
He will be a *allas Cowboy in 3 or less years.......

titan3131

Reaction score
my best case scenario for johnny is that he starts against the steelers and becomes!!!!

Johnny Wheelchair. at least then no one would make fun of him for not being able to hang in the NFL.

MAYBE RUSSELL CAN VISIT HIM IN THE HOSPITAL.

MB12

Reaction score
ringless":32hnpfe9 said:
I don't think there is a player I dislike in the league right now more than him, and it all stems from his immaturity. He is not ready for the NFL, and based off what has been said about him he wont make it regardless. Him giving the finger while running away, during a preseason game is an embarrassment to himself. I don't often like to see people fail but this will be one I enjoy.

This spoiled cocky, arrogant prick is going to get demolished, and he is fortunate to not play in our division because our Defenses would eat him alive. I dont think I could watch the games without seeing him and wanting to vomit anyways. I will enjoy every loss, and every struggle I ever see of his. He may be an athlete, but he is not a professional athlete, and does not carry himself in a professional way. Leadership from the QB position is a must, and he doesnt, and will not ever have it

Well said, I couldn't agree more