Ranking all 32 backup quarterbacks.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Sanchez, Cousins and Hill are too high (and should be behind T-Jack), ESPECIALLY Sanchez. The only reason Cousins is getting play is because there are so many RGIII detractors, but he looked putrid last year when he took over the reigns.

Marvin49

Reaction score
THATS TOTAL BS!!! GABBERT IS NOT THE 32nd RATED BACKUP IN THE....

uh...oh...his rating was what on thurs?

oh.

nevermind. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
List looks fine to me. Hopefully none of them play or more then a few teams are toast. Like San Francisco. :twisted:

Which would be reason enough to keep Pryor in my opinion.

kearly

Reaction score
A list like this would look a lot smarter two months from now. Matt Cassel won't be keeping Bridgewater on the bench in the real games, neither will Henne for Bortles. It's also bizarre that those guys are listed as backups while Manziel is not.

Vick is the best backup in the NFL, but he shouldn't be a backup. I think I'd have Tjack at #2, though Cassel did look good in Minnesota's offense late last season and will benefit from Norv Turner's presence. I like Chad Henne as a backup.

Kirk Cousins has been hit and miss, he's almost like the new Matt Flynn. Need more data. I loved Ryan Mallett in college, but I wouldn't know where to rank him until he either puts together multiple stellar preseasons or gets to start a chunk of a season.

Putting Mark Sanchez at #5 is hilariously stupid. Sanchez has had one good season in the NFL and college combined.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tarvaris rated higher than Hass? I wonder if that guy has ever watched either of them play.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":3eeof8hf said:
A list like this would look a lot smarter two months from now. Matt Cassel won't be keeping Bridgewater on the bench in the real games, neither will Henne for Bortles. It's also bizarre that those guys are listed as backups while Manziel is not.

Vick is the best backup in the NFL, but he shouldn't be a backup. I think I'd have Tjack at #32, though Cassel did look good in Minnesota's offense late last season and will benefit from Norv Turner's presence. I like Chad Henne as a backup.

Kirk Cousins has been hit and miss, he's almost like the new Matt Flynn. Need more data. I loved Ryan Mallett in college, but I wouldn't know where to rank him until he either puts together multiple stellar preseasons or gets to start a chunk of a season.

Putting Mark Sanchez at #5 is hilariously stupid. Sanchez has had one good season in the NFL and college combined.

I fixed it for you.

Sanchez's ONE good season is ONE more good season than Tarvaris has ever had.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
rideaducati":ma9isiwx said:
Tarvaris rated higher than Hass? I wonder if that guy has ever watched either of them play.

This little anti-Tarvaris crusade of yours is getting a bit old.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Honestly I am kind of split on this because I have never been enamoured of Jackson but I don't think Pryor is quite ready even though it's obvious he has a world of talent. I don't know if they will actually keep 3 quarterbacks though and I'm afraid we will cut him and San Francisco will snap him up in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":dlwwucpv said:
Honestly I am kind of split on this because I have never been enamoured of Jackson but I don't think Pryor is quite ready even though it's obvious he has a world of talent. I don't know if they will actually keep 3 quarterbacks though and I'm afraid we will cut him and San Francisco will snap him up in a heartbeat.

Not to worry. If we ever had to play against him, our "D" would destroy him.
:{)

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":pgrmt93v said:
rideaducati":pgrmt93v said:

This little anti-Tarvaris crusade of yours is getting a bit old.

There are a lot of stupid people out there that still need convincing.

The Radish

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2e6gf3ks said:

I think you've overstated Pryor. I just don't see what people see in this guy. If flushed he always goes to his right and all the teams know that. Tries to force balls into multiple coverage and never looks at the entire field, looks in one place maybe two and is then gone for his standard run right to the sidelines and doesn't understand why the defenders are always there waiting.

:les:

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Radish":1jwmssii said:
MizzouHawkGal":1jwmssii said:

I think you've overstated Pryor. I just don't see what people see in this guy. If flushed he always goes to his right and all the teams know that. Tries to force balls into multiple coverage and never looks at the entire field, looks in one place maybe two and is then gone for his standard run right to the sidelines and doesn't understand why the defenders are always there waiting.

Pryor led a major college program to a 31-4 record and won bowl games. He had a 65% completion rate 27tds and 11 ints vs good competition in his final season in college. You can find many highlights of him for that season.

That's what people see in him.

I'm not really enamored with the guy, but I believe it's time to move on from Tarvaris. Plus, the description you give of Pryor also describes Tarvaris, except Tarvaris doesn't run.

chris98251

Reaction score
Geez didn't David Green have all sorts of passing records also? Who is he starting for these days?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":32705t3l said:
The Radish":32705t3l said:
MizzouHawkGal":32705t3l said:

Pryor led a major college program to a 31-4 record and won bowl games. He had a 65% completion rate 27tds and 11 ints vs good competition in his final season in college. You can find many highlights of him for that season.

That's what people see in him.

I'm not really enamored with the guy, but I believe it's time to move on from Tarvaris. Plus, the description you give of Pryor also describes Tarvaris, except Tarvaris doesn't run.
Bingo.

kearly

Reaction score
I like Tjack as an Alex-Smith-product-of-the-system-type guy. He has some imperfections, but our offense seemed to mask those issues when he took the field in 2013.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":1atgw5x4 said:
I like Tjack as an Alex-Smith-product-of-the-system-type guy. He has some imperfections, but our offense seemed to mask those issues when he took the field in 2013.

I guess you're right...our offense did mask his imperfections by not allowing him to play more than 39 total snaps when the games were basically over already.