Make a play for Martellus Bennett?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he were cut by the Bears and became a FA the Hawks would be interested w/o a doubt, he's a legit TE. Trading for him and paying him at present may not fit the model the team has to fit the pieces together going forward.

When I saw him in the Bears doghouse I thought the the same thoughts as Hendo.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":14jo41vq said:
Is this overreaction Wednesday?

Not really an overreaction, merely the OP pondering IMO. If he were cut, or we could trade for cheap, why not?

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3r7q2chy said:
Laloosh":3r7q2chy said:

Not really an overreaction, merely the OP pondering IMO. If he were cut, or we could trade for cheap, why not?

I meant no offense... Just seems like a stretch given salary and the fact that it was just a scuffle in practice.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Not gonna happen. We don't have the money for any more big names. And let's not knock Miller and Willson. McCoy getting hurts suck, but it was never NOT gonna be Miller and Willson as our 1 and 2, so we're not necessarily changed from our original course.

Basis4day

Reaction score
OkieHawk":t6a0povm said:
Laloosh":t6a0povm said:

He has 7.4 million in dead money. They're not going to cut him for a fight in camp one year after signing a contract when he had career highs in 2013.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hendo66":1mdhbp94 said:
He's in the doghouse in Chicago. Why not?

He has a $6M cap number. That's why not.

You'd have to cut a $6M player with minimal dead money (i.e. Brandon Mebane) to even make it work with CURRENT cap space (which we still need some portion of to cover IR'ed players and injury replacements). That doesn't even take into account how his contract could mess up the cap moving forward.

OP
OP
H

Hendo66

Reaction score
Good points. I heard on some local radio in AZ he's been a distraction in camp with a bad attitude along with the fight.
So I just through it out there. His cap # is way to high and I expect Willson to make a big jump this season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ms5t92w said:
Y 'all know he got suspended for body slamming Kyle Fuller, right?

I'd assume that most of us saw it, yes.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Laloosh":32adr6s1 said:
Sarlacc83":32adr6s1 said:

Oh good. So no surprises at the fact the WWE is going to outbid us.

(Sorry.)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1chcpvxa said:
Laloosh":1chcpvxa said:
Sarlacc83":1chcpvxa said:

(Sorry.)

Sherm pulled Bates' jersey over his head hockey style. Should we cut/trade him? Guess I'm not sure which side of the fence you fall on based on your posts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Laloosh":24mhwog9 said:
Sarlacc83":24mhwog9 said:
Laloosh":24mhwog9 said:
Sarlacc83":24mhwog9 said:

(Sorry.)

Sherm pulled Bates' jersey over his head hockey style. Should we cut/trade him? Guess I'm not sure which side of the fence you fall on based on your posts.

It was just a bad set up for a corny joke.(I suppose I was complimenting his form.)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2slyry6u said:
It was just a bad set up for a corny joke.(I suppose I was complimenting his form.)

I can get behind that. Had no idea where you were going with it lol, sry.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Are we automatically ruling out that this could be a ploy by Bennett to get cut or traded?

Because if Bennett wants out of Chicago via cut or trade, there are ways around doing it like restructuring his contract so he can be traded or make it possible to be cut.

But yeah its highly unlikely... but if we are keeping eyes out for names... Marcedes Lewis could be a cap casualty for the Jags that would make sense here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Laloosh":txxq8yk8 said:
Sarlacc83":txxq8yk8 said:

I can get behind that. Had no idea where you were going with it lol, sry.

No worries. Been a too few many whining posts in the main forum. Gets into the head.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2y1unyzx said:
Are we automatically ruling out that this could be a ploy by Bennett to get cut or traded?

Because if Bennett wants out of Chicago via cut or trade, there are ways around doing it like restructuring his contract so he can be traded or make it possible to be cut.

He is entering year two of a four year deal after posting career high numbers under the new coaching regime. He made a big push to get Michael Bennett to sign with the Bears in the off-season. It would be premature to think he is working to get cut or traded after training camp. The Bears haven't even ruled him out for tomorrow's game despite the suspension.

There is no ploy here.

Largent80

Reaction score
They could be the Brothers comedy team. Both of them are as funny as they are good players.

Wow, 2 more posts and I am rolling nothin but 2's.

weird.

Latest posts