49ers NT Glenn Dorsey - out for the season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1war3g4e said:
Torn bicep muscle. Tough break at a position where they're already thin.
Looks like the best depth in the league (according to the denailzoners, :bsflag: LOL) is going to be severely tested.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":gm5omo0o said:
Their guys are dropping like flies.
At least they'll have some built in excuses when they miss the playoffs this year! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfan515":391kszjb said:
I'd rather both our teams stay healthy, don't want any excuses.
Sure, but they still had excuses when they were healthy and got curbstomped by Seattle!

OP
OP
N

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It's now being reported that Dorsey will continue to be evaluated over the next few days before a decision is made, and that it's possible he could be placed on I.R./designated for return.

OP
OP
N

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18kexmsp said:
hawksfan515":18kexmsp said:
Sure, but they still had excuses when they were healthy and got curbstomped by Seattle!
I wouldn't exactly call the NFCCG a "curbstomping."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1ouofenu said:
Sports Hernia":1ouofenu said:
hawksfan515":1ouofenu said:
I was talking about the previous 2 games here at the Clink.... Not the NFCCG, my fault for not being clearer.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
For the entire season? Really? Didn't pappy Ray Ray use deer antler spray and return from this. Every team will have injuries. The Niners still have some ballers to play.

757Niner

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":bzvg9xtz said:
Torn bicep muscle. Tough break at a TargetBlank]position where they're already thin.

Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ers’ deepest.

BW: It’s a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-positio

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That's a bummer for him. Dorsey was a bust at KC, but it seemed like he got much better with his Red Bryant run stopping role.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Dorsey and Williams are ballers for that team, no doubt.

But their depth, much like the Hawks "redshirts", are largely unproven.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
757Niner":1jrjo9u9 said:
NorthDallas40oz":1jrjo9u9 said:
Torn bicep muscle. Tough break at a TargetBlank]position where they're already thin.

Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ers’ deepest.

BW: It’s a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-positio

Isn't it awesome when potential is factored in? Guys that have little experience can just be super stars on paper. Oh, dude got hurt? Here comes Ian Williams and his handful of tackles. No concerns there. Carradine? With a name like that he must be dominant. Hey, I saw Dobbs out there for a few games, oh and Ramsey... a rookie, its obvious that any of those guys would be part of an NFL rotation. Especially based on their performance in games.

Maybe everyone of those guys is a stud DLine player, but nobody has seen it in a real game yet. But a writer said so, it is totally legit.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":gz9zvaea said:
NorthDallas40oz":gz9zvaea said:
Sports Hernia":gz9zvaea said:
hawksfan515":gz9zvaea said:
I was talking about the previous 2 games here at the Clink.... Not the NFCCG, my fault for not being clearer.

When was the last time the hawks won in SF?

Anyways, no excuses here. Im excited to see Dial play NT. Cant wait for the season!!

kearly

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":57w44b8q said:

Tough to beat the 49ers in your stadium. Shouldn't be too hard to beat the Broncos or Pats there though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":7zi7k1tk said:
I think a more entertaining question would be "When was the last time the 49ers made the Seahawks look like they didn't belong in the NFL?"

We all know the answer to the reverse of that question.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2q265vhl said:
FriscosFinest":2q265vhl said:
I think a more entertaining question would be "When was the last time the 49ers made the Seahawks look like they didn't belong in the NFL?"

We all know the answer to the reverse of that question.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":322rqw4t said:
Now that is highly debatable. We got two TDs before the 4th quarter, and we "won" the division that year at 7-9 while you lost by a larger margin against us in Seattle earlier that year. At best, one could say the whole division didn't deserve to be in the NFL that year, putting forth a division winner with a winning record.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x4dlp207 said:
SF49r":x4dlp207 said:
Now that is highly debatable. We got two TDs before the 4th quarter, and we "won" the division that year at 7-9 while you lost by a larger margin against us in Seattle earlier that year. At best, one could say the whole division didn't deserve to be in the NFL that year, putting forth a division winner with a winning record.
And sitting at 7-9 still had HFA in the wildcard round.