No Harbaugh extension until after season

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like how he says it's because he doesn't want to set a bad example for his players who have multiple years left on their deals.
Bullshit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":jp9hsmsj said:
Scottemojo":jp9hsmsj said:
I like how he says it's because he doesn't want to set a bad example for his players who have multiple years left on their deals.
Bullshit.

Yep. Spinning more lies than a lazy susan.

But of course.

All Niner stories that don't entail the end of the team as a contender are OF COURSE lies.

Duh.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Who said it was the end of a contender?

Whether you admit it or not, you know that if Harbs had won SB 47, he would have taken the SB winning coach contract in a heartbeat, even with 3 years left on his current deal, any bad example for players with multiple years be damned.

Which makes it bullshit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9t87zxxl said:

Whether you admit it or not, you know that if Harbs had won SB 47, he would have taken the SB winning coach contract in a heartbeat, even with 3 years left on his current deal, any bad example for players with multiple years be damned.

Which makes it bullshit.

Who knows....

...I just think its funny that according to this site just about everything that happens in Santa Clara is ominous.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":11zc3hoc said:
Scottemojo":11zc3hoc said:

Which makes it bullshit.

Who knows....

...I just think its funny that according to this site just about everything that happens in Santa Clara is ominous.
Hope springs eternal.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
All I know is if Harbaugh bets on himself and loses, I'm comparing him to a reverse Joe Flacco.

I doubt 49ers fans want that. But I do.

kearly

Reaction score
So to review:

Harbaugh and Baalke struggle to get along and this isn't much of a secret.

The 49ers nearly trade Harbaugh to Cleveland presumably within four days of their 2013 season ending (Pettine was hired on January 23rd).

Most if not all SF media think Harbaugh will not even finish his current deal with the 49ers.

And now, despite Harbaugh being widely regarded as one of the very best in the league, the 49ers refuse to pay him like it. The fact that they want him to win a SB first is incredibly unreasonable. Winning a championship is more luck than skill even for the very best.

These contract talks strike me as a total charade by the FO. It seems extremely obvious to me that they want to move on from Harbaugh, but also want to avoid the backlash that will come if they dump him too brazenly. Hence these fake contract extension talks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They will pay Harbafreak. A bunch. He took a load of talent that others couldn't muster and turned it around in a big way. He essentially pulled the Niners out of a decade of total embarrassment, no way they want to go back to that.

I would get rid of Baalke before Harbadouche.

Marvin49

Reaction score
...or maybe Niner leadership is telling the truth. For all the stuff about Harbaugh being hard to work with, he hasn't lost a single assistant coach. In fact, he attracts good coaches.

Maybe Jed York isn't a liar and he's telling the truth when he said he was contacted by the Browns and that he wasn't interested. Maybe they simply decided to wait till he had one year left and not 2 (like Pete Carroll BTW) before they did an ext.

Perhaps the entire 49er front office isn't just a pack of liars and might be GASP...telling the truth. Maybe the media is making a mountain out of a molehill (they never do that).

Nah. Can't be. Niners evil. Sky is falling in Santa Clara. Only explanation.

...and you guys call ME delusional.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":73vqz1um said:
...or maybe Niner leadership is telling the truth. For all the stuff about Harbaugh being hard to work with, he hasn't lost a single assistant coach. In fact, he attracts good coaches.

Maybe Jed York isn't a liar and he's telling the truth when he said he was contacted by the Browns and that he wasn't interested. Maybe they simply decided to wait till he had one year left and not 2 (like Pete Carroll BTW) before they did an ext.

Perhaps the entire 49er front office isn't just a pack of liars and might be GASP...telling the truth. Maybe the media is making a mountain out of a molehill (they never do that).

Hasn't Harbaugh kept his assistants by not letting them interview? :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qadir6n said:

The 49'er human excuse machine makes another appearance. SIGH!
SMH............

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1m8npz7j said:
Marvin49":1m8npz7j said:

Hasn't Harbaugh kept his assistants by not letting them interview? :stirthepot:

I assumed that it was because Roman forgot that they weren't a passing team for the first quarter of 2013 and Fangio can't teach #99 how to stop jumping early on 3rd and 4th down.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":2jroxp8n said:
Scottemojo":2jroxp8n said:

Which makes it bullshit.

Who knows....

What's with 49er fans who always act surprised that Seahawk fans trash talk their team? Are they really that unaccustomed to having a winning team or are they just too mentally challenged to understand how rivalries work? Honest question

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":14mwkvzz said:
Bullshit.

Yep. More often than not, when somebody says "it's not about the money," it's about the money.

Personally, I hope they get a deal done. Seahawks-Niners games wouldn't be half as much fun without Jim "Summer's Eve" Harbaugh throwing tantrums on the sidelines.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":3e6qz93y said:
What's with 49er fans who always act surprised that Seahawk fans trash talk their team? Are they really that unaccustomed to having a winning team or are they just too mentally challenged to understand how rivalries work? Honest question

It's the Niner mantra. Trash talking is only allowed one way. They are the "storied" Niners after all. The entitled, the legacy, the righteous. How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

hoxrox

Reaction score
He's really hoping he'll get a new contract...

Harbaugh_v166xfb3_original.gif

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":3lrmk5j3 said:

According to reports, it was actually Harbaugh himself who reached out to Cleveland, which prompted the trade offer to the 49ers. Supposedly, this offer did not include a 1st round pick. The 49ers say they rejected the offer immediately, the Browns opted to not provide more details.

All of that actually fits in with what you are saying, but still, it paints a picture of an unhappy marriage.

Harbaugh started seeking a contract extension last summer, right after his team came extremely close to winning a SB. Harbaugh is one of the very best coaches in the game and coach salary does not count against the cap. Why the hell hasn't he gotten a deal yet?

There are only two answers to that question. The first is that SF's FO is incredibly moronic to risk losing or pissing off a great coach in the hopes they can save a tiny amount of money that in no way impacts their salary cap. The second is that they don't really want to extend him, but would like him to hang around until they figure out life after Harbaugh.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gargantual":2v3pq76v said:
loafoftatupu":2v3pq76v said:
How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

Who's that....Nancy Pelosi?
Icky...... That's a low blow...