The official blown phrase and mixed metaphor thread,

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Use this thread for mixed metaphors, poorly turned phrases, and just general interview idiocy.

Coach John Fox on the Eisen podcast.
Talking about Manning, "he ceases to amaze me." and "Peyton marvels me."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol, this could have some serious potential.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Well you know we can't have one of these threads without some input from our buddy John Madden:

“A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field’s boundaries.”

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I appreciate the historical ones too.

Just today, Danny O'Neil. "I want to be a tool of all trades"

Mission accomplished, Danny.

kearly

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if he even knows what he just said.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Now, if you could figure out how to work in a double negative with a dangling participle, you could start teaching English! :mrgreen:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick, in an interview with WSJ:

"When I have bad plays, and things don't go right for me, those are things that resignate in my mind..."

"That last pass, if I put it another foot farther, we're playing in the Super Bowl, so I take full credibility for that."

gargantual

Reaction score
O'Neil definitely IS a tool, but Madden is the all-time Clown Prince of this. Every game he announces, it seems like I always hear a gem like this:

“If this team doesn't put points on the board I don't see how they can win.”

kearly

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts, but it's painful hearing Salk talk baseball. Before the deadline he repeatedly pleaded for the M's to trade for Matt Kemp. Kemp was once a very good player, but for the past two years he's been a replacement level contributor owed $100 million, fully guaranteed. His situation is almost identical to Vernon Wells a few years ago. The Vernon Wells trade is considered to be one of the worst trades by any baseball team in recent memory.

Friday's morning show was Salk and Danny. I only lasted five minutes, though it was interesting to note that during that time, Salk completely dominated the conversation while Danny said mostly nothing. Salk talks way too much, if I had to guess a reason why he got canned in Boston, my first instinct would be his habit of hogging the mic.