Josh Gordon is going for the record....

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
.....of longest suspension by Roger Goodell. Already likely facing a suspension for the entire 2014 season for all of his previous off-field issues, the knucklehead got arrested for drunk driving in Raleigh, NC last night. Actually, it was at almost 4:00 in the morning. Umm, yeah, 4 AM and good decisions don't typically mix.

What a waste.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lawrence Phillips. all over again without the battery charges.

Subzero717

Reaction score
chris98251":2n73lp31 said:

Isnt that kind of what made Lawerence Philips Lawerence Philips? And I dont recall LP having all that much success.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Somebody will take a cheaper chance on him.

Why not us?

Eventually, he might play again and I don't believe JS or PC would hesitate to drop him if he didn't or couldn't perform. I mean it took a FA, older age, Bmax and two suspensions to not resign Browner.

kearly

Reaction score
The rap on Gordon coming out of Baylor was that he was a knucklehead.

Have to say, we are pretty lucky that Seattle didn't deal for Gordon last year at the deadline. Lombardi is an incompetent idiot, but it seems he had smart reasons for wanting to dangle his best player in trade talks.

chris98251

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1im2xbnf said:
chris98251":1im2xbnf said:

Isnt that kind of what made Lawerence Philips Lawerence Philips? And I dont recall LP having all that much success.

Phillips was everything you could want in a back, size speed toughness, was so busy hanging with the wrong people doing the wrong things and then assualting and battering women that he got basically blackballed and could not even make it in CFL very long because he would not quit doing what he was doing. I think he is still in jail now for getting like 37 years for assault and battery.

TXHawk

Reaction score
I'm not doubting that Gordon is a knucklehead but a one year suspension for weed is just wrong. Half the players in the NFL smoke pot by some estimations. It's long past time for the NFL to revise its archaic and draconian rules for marijuana.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Alldumb Smith in the long run will have a solid a chance to catch Gordon, yes I think Alldumb is THAT stupid!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
some interesting stuff I noticed;

[/quote] the individual who paid for Gordon's bond was identified as Haydn "Fats" Thomas, authorities told WNCN. Thomas is a convicted felon who pleaded guilty to gun and drug charges in November. He was sentenced to 36 months after pleading guilty, but the prison sentence was suspended in lieu of probation.

In 2006, Thomas was convicted of a felony for accessing a computer for fraudulent purposes. Thomas also rented the car that former North Carolina basketball player P.J. Hairston drove when he was arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession in Durham, North Carolina, in June 2013. Charges were dropped, but it was later found that Hairston accepted so many cars paid for by Thomas that he was dismissed from the Tar Heels.[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11178 ... rested-dwi

PJ actually had at least 3 cars rented by Fats who is a local gangster. PJ's " misdemeanor " would have been a certain felony were he not a unc basketball player. At the time of his arrest as he was caught with 43 grams and a loaded handgun.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06/06/ ... rston.html

During the investigation in to PJ's cars they also turned up links between Fat's and former UNC and Browns receiver Greg Little.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Considering they now need receivers even worse is it possible we could get them to trade us Joe Thomas?

Fanatics

Reaction score
Has so much talent and raw ability, what a shame. Everyone has to reach their bottom and everyone has a different floor, personally whether he plays here or not, I hope he gets it together as the worst thing you can do in life is waste the talent God gave you. He could be the best in the league today, I believe he is that talented.

Funny thing, SF was reportedly the closest to completing the trade for him last season...now that would at least made me smile about the suspension. Although, I would still be sad for the wasted talent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":zrf2it0c said:
chris98251":zrf2it0c said:

LOL. I was gonna say...

...the battery charges are a significant part of who he was.

I never wanted any part of him. I was ashamed the day he signed in SF. I can't get over guys beating on women. That dude knocked the girl out and dragged her down a flight of stairs...by the hair.

Its one reason why I'm not a fan of Parrish Cox. I try not to make the assumption he was guilty because he was found NOT guilty...but man...that sh*t ain't cool. That's also why when the Kap thing started I didn't immediately defend him.

I can't root for a guy who would hit a woman.

Subzero717

Reaction score
chris98251":2afh6ype said:
CALIHAWK1":2afh6ype said:
chris98251":2afh6ype said:

Phillips was everything you could want in a back, size speed toughness, was so busy hanging with the wrong people doing the wrong things and then assualting and battering women that he got basically blackballed and could not even make it in CFL very long because he would not quit doing what he was doing. I think he is still in jail now for getting like 37 years for assault and battery.

Did he actually do anything in the NFL?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Watching the NFL networks top 100 breakdown and Josh Gordon has been on several segments discussing other players. The kid does not come across as a dumbass. He actually represents himself well on the show. It's a head scratcher.